What's new

Sitting down in the workplace?

I have had both my teachers from high school and university sit down whenever they were teaching and there wasn't any kind of inquiries on them that they shouldn't sit down while teaching. I have been a teacher too and I sit down whenever I want whenever I'm in class.

A teacher sitting down while teaching won't be an issue as long as they are sitting at a position where the whole class can see them. This is because there are times during teaching that the teacher will have to demonstrate.

I work as Security Officer for a security firm, and I’m contracted out to a government office.

As an officer, we’re expected to stand all day and we’re not allowed so sit down. We have to stay standing at ease.

Standing for long periods of time has been proven to cause physical and mental strain, thus making your performance worse than if you were allowed so sit in a chair.

Obviously there are some jobs like construction or fitness that it is simply not possible, but where it is possible - should it not be allowed?
I have worked where I stood all day and also in a place I sat throughout the whole day. While standing, my legs swore up. It wasn't funny, the pains were much for me.

I have had both my teachers from high school and university sit down whenever they were teaching and there wasn't any kind of inquiries on them that they shouldn't sit down while teaching. I have been a teacher too and I sit down whenever I want whenever I'm in class.

I have also seen many teachers sitting down and delivering the lecture. We had a business teacher who used to dictate to us and she used to sit on her chair. However, she used to stand up and deliver the lecture when it was the time to do so. So, it all depends on what they want to do.

A teacher sitting down while teaching won't be an issue as long as they are sitting at a position where the whole class can see them. This is because there are times during teaching that the teacher will have to demonstrate.

Yeah, that's very correct. I usually sit on the desk top which is more elavated from the sit position where the students make use of. When I'm in this position while in the classroom, I can be able to have a full view of all the students without any obstructions.

Yeah, that's very correct. I usually sit on the desk top which is more elavated from the sit position where the students make use of. When I'm in this position while in the classroom, I can be able to have a full view of all the students without any obstructions.

I also use a desktop computer when it comes to working online. The screen is located right in front of me and it is also elevated. The fact remains that is quite hard to sit for long hours and work for a long time. Indeed, it is quite hard to do so.

If you accept such jobs that mandates you to stand, why can't you stand. It is better you reject such offers if you know it does not fits your taste. I have seen employees who stand for for more than six hours...
Why some people accept to start working on such jobs with this kind of harsh condition is because they don't have any choice left and time is against them not doing anything. If they had a better option, no one would accept a job where they will stand 6 hours or all day.

Why some people accept to start working on such jobs with this kind of harsh condition is because they don't have any choice left and time is against them not doing anything. If they had a better option, no one would accept a job where they will stand 6 hours or all day.

There are many businesses where a standing desk has been introduced. Such kind of standing desks allow the employees to work and all they need to do is stand up. However, not all the employee would be comfortable doing so. This is because they may not have the habit of standing for a long time.

There are many businesses where a standing desk has been introduced. Such kind of standing desks allow the employees to work and all they need to do is stand up. However, not all the employee would be comfortable doing so. This is because they may not have the habit of standing for a long time.
If you can't stand up too long, you don't have any business applying for any job which will have you standing most of the time. If you're hired and it's found out you're not working by what's required, the company will eventually sack you. It's bad having sack record in your work history.

If you can't stand up too long, you don't have any business applying for any job which will have you standing most of the time. If you're hired and it's found out you're not working by what's required, the company will eventually sack you. It's bad having sack record in your work history.

It depends on the kind of job. There are many people who are working as security guards and they have to stand for a longer time. However, the business does offer them the chance to sit and they have the option to do so. Other people such as office workers may not be able to stand for a long time and they have to sit. A person must sacrifice his health if he wants a particular job in this case.

It depends on the kind of job. There are many people who are working as security guards and they have to stand for a longer time. However, the business does offer them the chance to sit and they have the option to do so. Other people such as office workers may not be able to stand for a long time and they have to sit. A person must sacrifice his health if he wants a particular job in this case.
As you're mentioning security guard job, anyone who applys to work as a security guard knows standing is integral to the job description. You may be allowed to sit down at some stage but it's not always. If you're not sure you can work like that, applying for the security guard job is a waste of time.

As you're mentioning security guard job, anyone who applys to work as a security guard knows standing is integral to the job description. You may be allowed to sit down at some stage but it's not always. If you're not sure you can work like that, applying for the security guard job is a waste of time.

Well, I do not think that it is always a necessary thing to do so. There are many different kinds of security guards who have the option to stand or sit down whenever they want to do so. They are not obliged to follow a certain kind of hard and fast rule. However, things are quite different when you work an office job.

Well, I do not think that it is always a necessary thing to do so. There are many different kinds of security guards who have the option to stand or sit down whenever they want to do so. They are not obliged to follow a certain kind of hard and fast rule. However, things are quite different when you work an office job.
Security guards stand most of the time. They can sit when there's less activity in the company. They are not expected to stand like a tree always but whenever customers are around, they are supposed to be on their feet and observe everything going to find out where they are meant to step in.

Well, there's always a better opportunity out there waiting for anyone who's interested in working. The problem is being patient to have the opportunity in your path. This is why today, there's nothing that's going to make me take on a job in any company that I'm sure is going to be too inhuman for me to cope with working. Once there's no good treatment for workers, I will not be on the job for more than a day.

Security guards stand most of the time. They can sit when there's less activity in the company. They are not expected to stand like a tree always but whenever customers are around, they are supposed to be on their feet and observe everything going to find out where they are meant to step in.

Well, in many workplaces, security guards do have the option to sit or stand. This is why they have fewer health problems compared to people who sit on chair for a long time. I have visited many banks and seen many guards sitting and standing whenever they want.

Well, in many workplaces, security guards do have the option to sit or stand. This is why they have fewer health problems compared to people who sit on chair for a long time. I have visited many banks and seen many guards sitting and standing whenever they want.
I would rather sit down in the chair for a long time and stand up a few times to stretch myself than stand up for a long time only to sit down a few times to rest my legs. The too much standing will have more health damage for me than sitting down for too long.

The security guards working in banks here in my country are mostly standing. The one's that are outside the entrance door will always stand all day as customers come in and leave the bank. They will be the one's opening and closing the automatic door. It's a very difficult job that I can't do. It will kill me before my time.

I would rather sit down in the chair for a long time and stand up a few times to stretch myself than stand up for a long time only to sit down a few times to rest my legs. The too much standing will have more health damage for me than sitting down for too long.

You must have the option to sit down or stand whenever you want. This is what makes certain jobs better than others as they allow you to spread yourself whenever you want. This is the only way to counter bad effects of sitting too much.

You must have the option to sit down or stand whenever you want. This is what makes certain jobs better than others as they allow you to spread yourself whenever you want. This is the only way to counter bad effects of sitting too much.
Works which their descriptions on how an employee is meant to carry them out are too rigid isn't what I would like to work on. Companies need to start making jobs descriptions more flexible to accommodate workers because they are supposed to kill their workers for being in their business.

Works which their descriptions on how an employee is meant to carry them out are too rigid isn't what I would like to work on. Companies need to start making jobs descriptions more flexible to accommodate workers because they are supposed to kill their workers for being in their business.

Well, I think that it is much more about the nature of job. If you are applying for a job as a truck driver, then the chances are that you will be spending more time sitting while you are at work. The same goes for office administration jobs as well.

The most important thing is for you to always listen to your body whenever you are doing any kind of job you are doing because your body is always going to give you feedback how a particular job is affecting you with the way you are carrying it out so that you will know how to go about it and adjust whenever your body need you to adjust so that your health is always going to be in a good place.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back