What's new

Sitting down in the workplace?

The most important thing is for you to always listen to your body whenever you are doing any kind of job you are doing because your body is always going to give you feedback how a particular job is affecting you with the way you are carrying it out so that you will know how to go about it and adjust whenever your body need you to adjust so that your health is always going to be in a good place.

I work as a freelancer and I usually feel pain in the neck and shoulder when I work for long hours. The best way to counter this problem is take short breaks and this allows your body to take some rest and counter the effects of excessive sitting.

Well, I think that it is much more about the nature of job. If you are applying for a job as a truck driver, then the chances are that you will be spending more time sitting while you are at work. The same goes for office administration jobs as well.
You cannot stand while you're driving right? A driver is meant to sit down whenever he's driving but whenever you stop, you can step out for a walk. I'm into transportation business but with the exception to big trucks. Commercial passengers transportation is what I'm into.

I work as a freelancer and I usually feel pain in the neck and shoulder when I work for long hours. The best way to counter this problem is take short breaks and this allows your body to take some rest and counter the effects of excessive sitting.

The good thing about working as a freelancer remotely is that you have the right to decide exactly how you are going to work and whenever you want to work, which means that nobody is going to direct you and decide for you how to do whatever you need to do in the line of carrying of your duties.

You cannot stand while you're driving right? A driver is meant to sit down whenever he's driving but whenever you stop, you can step out for a walk. I'm into transportation business but with the exception to big trucks. Commercial passengers transportation is what I'm into.

Well, this is why I was talking about specific kind of jobs that require you to sit no matter what you do. However, if you are a truck driver, then you will obviously sit on the seat and drive the vehicle. However, you can always take breaks and walk out of vehicle whenever you want.

Well, this is why I was talking about specific kind of jobs that require you to sit no matter what you do. However, if you are a truck driver, then you will obviously sit on the seat and drive the vehicle. However, you can always take breaks and walk out of vehicle whenever you want.

Drivers always have the decision to make in how they drive. It's not that work you have any breathing down on you everyday because you're on the road most of the time. It's only your logistics manager that you can talk to and give him update on how you're getting on.

Drivers always have the decision to make in how they drive. It's not that work you have any breathing down on you everyday because you're on the road most of the time. It's only your logistics manager that you can talk to and give him update on how you're getting on.

I have seen many drivers taking a break whenever they wanted. In fact, once I was travelling on a local bus and the drivers of those buses have to spend the entire day sitting and driving the vehicle. That was the point where that particular driver took a tea break and the rest of the passengers were waiting for him in the bus!

Driving is a stressful job. If you're not mentally strong, you will not last long in driving duty. I'm a transportation business, I can begin now to tell you all the difficulties driving gives to those in the business. It's not an easy job. I regard all of my drivers for putting their body on the line every day working.

Driving is a stressful job. If you're not mentally strong, you will not last long in driving duty. I'm a transportation business, I can begin now to tell you all the difficulties driving gives to those in the business. It's not an easy job. I regard all of my drivers for putting their body on the line every day working.

There are many truck drivers that have to drive vehicles for long distances and it could actually take many hours to reach a specific place. Under such kind of circumstances, truck drivers have to sit for long hours. This could be bad for your health because when you sit for long hours, you do not get the chance to exercise or engage in physical activity. This could be bad for health.

I have seen many drivers taking a break whenever they wanted. In fact, once I was travelling on a local bus and the drivers of those buses have to spend the entire day sitting and driving the vehicle. That was the point where that particular driver took a tea break and the rest of the passengers were waiting for him in the bus!

When the driver is always on the road, they can decide when they take a break. This is not something the office can decide for them because they are not the one's who are working in the field. I have done some contract driving job that paid well, I was allowed to drive and rest whenever I wanted.

There are many truck drivers that have to drive vehicles for long distances and it could actually take many hours to reach a specific place. Under such kind of circumstances, truck drivers have to sit for long hours. This could be bad for your health because when you sit for long hours, you do not get the chance to exercise or engage in physical activity. This could be bad for health.
I look at my health in any jobs I'm doing, if I start having complications because of what I'm put through, I will evaluate what I'm gaining from the job and what it's costing me. If I'm far on the losing side health-wise, I will not continue on the job.

I look at my health in any jobs I'm doing, if I start having complications because of what I'm put through, I will evaluate what I'm gaining from the job and what it's costing me. If I'm far on the losing side health-wise, I will not continue on the job.

I completely agree with you here. It's very important for someone to make their health a priority when it comes to working. No matter how good you have been with working for a company, once you can't work tomorrow because of an injury sustained from your work, they will replace you with another person ASAP. So, taking care of yourself is very important.

I completely agree with you here. It's very important for someone to make their health a priority when it comes to working. No matter how good you have been with working for a company, once you can't work tomorrow because of an injury sustained from your work, they will replace you with another person ASAP. So, taking care of yourself is very important.

Health is wealth and it should be prioritised over every thing. If your health conditions do not allow you to work, then it is much better to take a break or look for an alternative option. Sitting for a long time is bad for health. However, the good thing here is that it does not cause damage immediately and you can recover.

Health is wealth and it should be prioritised over every thing. If your health conditions do not allow you to work, then it is much better to take a break or look for an alternative option. Sitting for a long time is bad for health. However, the good thing here is that it does not cause damage immediately and you can recover.
It's why the working conditions I'm going to accept where I'm working isn't going to be too harsh to prevent breaking me down often and on. I wouldn't like to seen as the weak link at work because I get sick all the time.

It is paramount that you take care of your health to the best of your knowledge and if you cannot be able to do it by yourself, you should try as much as possible to contact professionals who are going to help and manage your health properly. This is because the moment anything happens to you where you are working, that is going to be the last time the company is going to consider you been relevant for their business.

It's why the working conditions I'm going to accept where I'm working isn't going to be too harsh to prevent breaking me down often and on. I wouldn't like to seen as the weak link at work because I get sick all the time.

The fact remains that most of the companies never discuss about break timings at all when they are hiring employees. So, most of the employees may never know about break timings until or unless they have worked in the business organisation previously. They should be required to sit and relax, especially if their job requires them to stand all the day long.

The fact remains that most of the companies never discuss about break timings at all when they are hiring employees. So, most of the employees may never know about break timings until or unless they have worked in the business organisation previously. They should be required to sit and relax, especially if their job requires them to stand all the day long.

I don't know how most companies work in your own country but I have never seen any company where the workers don't get all the information about how many hours they are expected to work every day and how long break they are getting as well. Without having this information, there's no way the workers will know how they are expected to work.

This is not the same case in my state. If you're walking into any company's premises, if they have worker's dress code, it's the first thing you will discover because it will be easy to spot out. If you're applying for a job there, you will not need to be informed about their uniform rules but you will be informed nonetheless.

I don't know how most companies work in your own country but I have never seen any company where the workers don't get all the information about how many hours they are expected to work every day and how long break they are getting as well. Without having this information, there's no way the workers will know how they are expected to work.

No, I was not talking about working hours. I was talking about the nature of the job. There are many employees who are not told about what kind of job they will be getting. They are never told the full story. For example, a person may be told that he may be required to market products. However, this information is unclear. What kind of product is that employee required to market? How is he supposed to market the product. These are the kind of things a person must know before actually getting hired. Many people do not even know if they are required to sit for a long time or they will be standing for the entire day while they are at the job.

No, I was not talking about working hours. I was talking about the nature of the job. There are many employees who are not told about what kind of job they will be getting. They are never told the full story. For example, a person may be told that he may be required to market products. However, this information is unclear. What kind of product is that employee required to market? How is he supposed to market the product. These are the kind of things a person must know before actually getting hired. Many people do not even know if they are required to sit for a long time or they will be standing for the entire day while they are at the job.

That's not what you mentioned initially which you said and I quote - "most of the companies never discuss about break timings.... ". With this, you're not talking about the nature of the job but how the workers are expected to take their breaks or even if they were going to have any breaks. This is why I had to question if there's any company that never gives their workers that information upon being hired?

That's not what you mentioned initially which you said and I quote - "most of the companies never discuss about break timings.... ". With this, you're not talking about the nature of the job but how the workers are expected to take their breaks or even if they were going to have any breaks. This is why I had to question if there's any company that never gives their workers that information upon being hired?

Well, receiving break period is related to sitting down or standing up for a long time. I was trying to connect both of these things. This is why both of them are connected. I attended a training session in a company where they never discussed about break timings. However, later I realised that the employees working in that company used to sit for a whooping 10 hours and they were allowed to stand, sit, or do whatever they want for merely 30 minutes, as they were granted a 30 minute break.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back