What's new

Sitting down in the workplace?

I've not seen these kind of working contract before. I'm good at examining any kind of work contract in order to make sure u will not be signing what will hold me in chains when the conditions isn't in my favor. If I'm giving this kind of contract you're talking about, I won't sign it.

I think that reading work contract is a must thing to do. There are many companies that offer you the chance to get bound and work for them or you could leave. So, initially, they offer you the chance to decide whatever you want. Many employees decide they would leave and the company allows them to do so.

I think that reading work contract is a must thing to do. There are many companies that offer you the chance to get bound and work for them or you could leave. So, initially, they offer you the chance to decide whatever you want. Many employees decide they would leave and the company allows them to do so.
It's why I mentioned if I'm given such kind of contract, I won't sign it after reading the kind of terms contract. It's a slavery and not work. I won't sign my soul on the dotted lines all in the name of working for any company.

Personally I will not be interested in taking up any kind of security job that is going to have me standing all day because I know that no matter the amount of money that I'm being paid, it is not going to be enough to take care of the health challenges I'm going to pass through.

I think that sitting down for a lengthy time period is hazardous for health. However, i think that a job that requires you to stand for a very lengthy time period is also very bad for health as well. We humans are designed to be in motion, not stay still in a place for long time period.

I think that sitting down for a lengthy time period is hazardous for health. However, i think that a job that requires you to stand for a very lengthy time period is also very bad for health as well. We humans are designed to be in motion, not stay still in a place for long time period.

Most office work would have you sitting down most of the time. The only way to have a way ahead of it is being allowed to walk about once in a while when you're at work. Sitting down for 5 straight hours isn't good in any way for someone's health. When I had office job, I wouldn't sit down for that long.

Most office work would have you sitting down most of the time. The only way to have a way ahead of it is being allowed to walk about once in a while when you're at work. Sitting down for 5 straight hours isn't good in any way for someone's health. When I had office job, I wouldn't sit down for that long.

Apart from office work, there are many other different kinds of jobs that also require you to sit for long hours and this also includes working as a freelancer as well. When you work as a freelancer, you have to complete the order and you may need to sit for really long period.

Every jobs comes with it's requirements. There are some certain jobs you have to stand all day and you will be punished for sitting. Such jobs include waitress in a bar, receptionist in a hotel. I would apply for such job if you are not physically fit...

Apart from office work, there are many other different kinds of jobs that also require you to sit for long hours and this also includes working as a freelancer as well. When you work as a freelancer, you have to complete the order and you may need to sit for really long period.

Yes, it's true though that working as a freelancer is going to having me sitting down to work most of the time but there's a slight difference. I won't be forced to sit down for hours like they do in the office space. I can decide what to do whenever I want. I can even decide to lay on the bed while working on my laptop.

You job is similar to mine, I work as a supervisor in a security company, and I have to move from beet to beet to check on my operatives to make sure that everything is in order and there is no issue of any sort
OK that is good for me my job is teaching work I seat from morning to afternoon and I like the way I work I don't like to move around

There are actually some jobs that requires you to sit down while you work and there are some other jobs that requires you to stand. In any case it good to take some break and exercise your body..

OK that is good for me my job is teaching work I seat from morning to afternoon and I like the way I work I don't like to move around

I have been into teaching jobs in the past. The only time you're expected to stand up is when you're in the classroom to teach. You're not supposed to sit down. It's not that you can't sit down but you won't have a better view of all the students in the class when you're sitting down to teach.

I have been into teaching jobs in the past. The only time you're expected to stand up is when you're in the classroom to teach. You're not supposed to sit down. It's not that you can't sit down but you won't have a better view of all the students in the class when you're sitting down to teach.

To be a teacher is to be able to make sacrifices with your comfort. I can remember a time during my high school days when this particular teacher stood for 3 hours teaching because he was trying to ensure that we understood two topics before the forthcoming external exams. I can't forget such a sacrifice in a hurry because he could have just let us be and not bother about going that extra mile to teach us the topics.

To be a teacher is to be able to make sacrifices with your comfort. I can remember a time during my high school days when this particular teacher stood for 3 hours teaching because he was trying to ensure that we understood two topics before the forthcoming external exams. I can't forget such a sacrifice in a hurry because he could have just let us be and not bother about going that extra mile to teach us the topics.

There's no way I would agree to standing for 3 hours to teach anything to anyone in school. What for? Even the students you're holding for 3 hours long teaching, do you think they will focus for 3 hours? It's wrong to demand it of any teacher or any student to sit down for 3 hours long lecture.

Every jobs comes with it's requirements. There are some certain jobs you have to stand all day and you will be punished for sitting. Such jobs include waitress in a bar, receptionist in a hotel. I would apply for such job if you are not physically fit...
There are bars where the waitresses don't stand up whenever they are on duty. They are not mandated to stand up all through their working hours. They can sit and stand when they want. Hotel receptionist sit down. There's a way their sit is designed.

There's no way I would agree to standing for 3 hours to teach anything to anyone in school. What for? Even the students you're holding for 3 hours long teaching, do you think they will focus for 3 hours? It's wrong to demand it of any teacher or any student to sit down for 3 hours long lecture.

I think that there are cases where the students tend to attend 1 hour or 2 hour lecture. There are many lecture videos that you can find on YouTube quite easily. However, it is quite different from lecturing students and stand up continuously for one hour or two hours.

If you accept such jobs that mandates you to stand, why can't you stand. It is better you reject such offers if you know it does not fits your taste. I have seen employees who stand for for more than six hours...

If you accept such jobs that mandates you to stand, why can't you stand. It is better you reject such offers if you know it does not fits your taste. I have seen employees who stand for for more than six hours...

All through my years in school and in the university too, I have never been in any class for 3 hours. Thus, the reason why I said that I wouldn't teach in a class for 3 hours standing and I won't put any students through sitting for 3 hours. Do you know about law of diminishing returns? It sets in whenever you go for too long teaching students.

In my home country, some companies give liberty for security guards to sit once in a while, especially during less hectic hours (that is usually during the late afternoon). Night guards have the liberty to sit whenever they want.

In my home country, some companies give liberty for security guards to sit once in a while, especially during less hectic hours (that is usually during the late afternoon). Night guards have the liberty to sit whenever they want.

Who would worry a night guard that they shouldn't sit down 😂. You can't be at home sleeping while expecting another to stand up all through the night. Although, I know some unreasonable boss will remark on it at one point that when they are on duty at night, they sit down all the time and sleep. If I were any of the guards, I won't say a word.

All through my years in school and in the university too, I have never been in any class for 3 hours. Thus, the reason why I said that I wouldn't teach in a class for 3 hours standing and I won't put any students through sitting for 3 hours. Do you know about law of diminishing returns? It sets in whenever you go for too long teaching students.

Well, as far as schools are concerned, many teachers may have the option to sit down as well. However, I think that there should be no rule that states that teacher should stand up for hours when it comes to delivering the lectures. They can sit down and deliver the lecture as well.

Well, as far as schools are concerned, many teachers may have the option to sit down as well. However, I think that there should be no rule that states that teacher should stand up for hours when it comes to delivering the lectures. They can sit down and deliver the lecture as well.

I have had both my teachers from high school and university sit down whenever they were teaching and there wasn't any kind of inquiries on them that they shouldn't sit down while teaching. I have been a teacher too and I sit down whenever I want whenever I'm in class.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back