What's new

Do you have to pay for company uniform?

No because the company is suppose to give you all the necessary items you will need for the job so I dont think one should pay for a company's uniform
I'm so surprised that member on this forum are in support of the employees buying the company's uniform by themselves.
Some companies even go to the extent of giving out their uniforms to people for the sake of advertisement.

I'm so surprised that member on this forum are in support of the employees buying the company's uniform by themselves.
Some companies even go to the extent of giving out their uniforms to people for the sake of advertisement.
It is totally wrong for the employees to buy the company's uniform with their own money because they are not the owners of a business and it is not rights for them to buy the company's uniform for themselves . It should be given for free by the company.

Employees shouldn't pay for company's uniform, it should be given to the employees free. Personal protective equipments (PPEs) and other forms of uniforms should be made available free for the employees by the company.
I share this sentiment without a shadow of a doubt. In my opinion, it is imperative for companies to provide workers with uniform as well as other materials and equipment related to the nature of the job at hand. These things should be free of charge

It is totally wrong for the employees to buy the company's uniform with their own money because they are not the owners of a business and it is not rights for them to buy the company's uniform for themselves . It should be given for free by the company.
The company's uniform sometimes is given out to people that are not even employees for advertisement pitpurpose, so I see no reason why it will not be given out free to the employees.

Should employees be made to pay for company uniform or specific clothing, that isn’t classed as “casual wear”? For example, the previous job I had, was working in a Bar and the company required all employees to wear black from neck to toe. In my case, not everyone will have a wide selection of black clothing in their wardrobe so having to buy more is wrong considering I was on minimum wage! What do you think, should employees be made to pay for company uniform or specific items of clothing? Or should the employer take the cost for the initial item(s)?
It just doesn't feel appropriate in any way to really pay for company uniforms.
No employee should be expected to leave the company with the uniform after termination because it is the company's property.

Some employees are not required to pay for uniform and some companies do not have that much strict policies concerning uniform in case the uniform gets damaged.

Some employees are not required to pay for uniform and some companies do not have that much strict policies concerning uniform in case the uniform gets damaged.
It is not all about segregating the employees that will pay for uniform and the ones that will not pay.
The bottom line and the simple truth is that paying for the company's uniform is totally uncalled for.

It is not all about segregating the employees that will pay for uniform and the ones that will not pay.
The bottom line and the simple truth is that paying for the company's uniform is totally uncalled for.

When you tend to offer anything like a uniform, you must remember that the uniform could get damaged. For example, students studying at schools get their uniforms damaged and this is a pretty common thing.

When you tend to offer anything like a uniform, you must remember that the uniform could get damaged. For example, students studying at schools get their uniforms damaged and this is a pretty common thing.
I don't seem to understand your point. Can you explain in a more comprehensive manner.
If you're given the company's uniform it is bound to get damage if you have been using it for a very long time

Its not proper paying for company uniform seriously the firm that employ you need to pay for the uniform most of the firm that I have work in the pass are the issuer of my uniform so I beleive all firm should adopt this

It depends on the company you are working for and it also depends on the occasion , for example in my own organisation , workers have to pay to get their own uniform while some organizations provides it free for their employee.

You can prevent employee theft in a company through the installation of cctv cameras and audio. No employee will steal from a company whiles there is a cctv camera there
You are posting an of thread post seriously this thread talk about company uniform and not preventing employer theft that is another thread,for company uniform I dont think its wise to pay for company wears its going to demote the company I think that the firm need to provide the uniform

It depends on the company you are working for and it also depends on the occasion , for example in my own organisation , workers have to pay to get their own uniform while some organizations provides it free for their employee.
It is not really proper to pay for the company's uniform because it is a property of the company . If you stop working there today, you will have to drop the uniform because it remain the property of the company.

It is not really proper to pay for the company's uniform because it is a property of the company . If you stop working there today, you will have to drop the uniform because it remain the property of the company.

You will be surprised to know that many companies would not want to take back the uniform form you. Do you know why? This is because they know that you will wear it sometimes and this could help them market and advertise the company when you will wear it. So it is a win-win situation for them.

Paying for company uniform depend on the company you are working for and also this stuff are mostly subtracted from your salary and they are being told and I think it the right way may be not everyone will have the money to purchase uniform at the spot

Its very wrong to pay for company uniform because some firm that you get employed with have to provide you with that I think that its one of the basic things which someone need to expect from their employer,so for someone like me I think its very wrong to pay for company wear the establishment need to careted for that

that may weigh the employees down because calculating the amount which will b spent on that Uniform, transport and feeding might be too much for the employee so I'll advice employers should rather get their employees uniform than for them to buy from the employer o

Should employees be made to pay for company uniform or specific clothing, that isn’t classed as “casual wear”? For example, the previous job I had, was working in a Bar and the company required all employees to wear black from neck to toe. In my case, not everyone will have a wide selection of black clothing in their wardrobe so having to buy more is wrong considering I was on minimum wage! What do you think, should employees be made to pay for company uniform or specific items of clothing? Or should the employer take the cost for the initial item(s)?
This is a case where the employer should provide appropriate clothing. My brother is made to purchase his clothes as a security personnel working for the government, and it costs more than half of his monthly salary to get one pair out of the three he needs

This is a case where the employer should provide appropriate clothing. My brother is made to purchase his clothes as a security personnel working for the government, and it costs more than half of his monthly salary to get one pair out of the three he needs

Well, this is unfair. In many cases, the company might even force people to purchase more than one uniform as one uniform might not be sufficient enough for a single worker and this could cost a lots of money.

An employee must not pay for a company uniform the CEO of the company is suppose to provide uniforms for each employee.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back