Owner
Staff member
Administrative Team
1000 Posts Club
May 4, 2015
USD
$109.8000USD
Biznotes
Should employees be made to pay for company uniform or specific clothing, that isn’t classed as “casual wear”? For example, the previous job I had, was working in a Bar and the company required all employees to wear black from neck to toe. In my case, not everyone will have a wide selection of black clothing in their wardrobe so having to buy more is wrong considering I was on minimum wage! What do you think, should employees be made to pay for company uniform or specific items of clothing? Or should the employer take the cost for the initial item(s)?

It doesn't sound appropriate for the employee to pay for the uniform they would wear working for the company, the company is supposed to provide these and if it can't then they should allow their employees wear whatever is appropriate to work.

I think the employees wouldn't want to pay their own money for company uniforms it will be more comfortable for them to get them for free on the house.
There are restaurants which want the customers to enter only if they are wearing a black suit and sometimes it may annoy the customers, a lot of people don't like this idea because it forces you to wear a specific clothe and not everyone likes when you force them to do something...
I understand why it's required the employees will.be recognized if they have a special uniform and they will also be more respected.

Why will an employee have to pay for a company's uniform. Any company that makes employee pay for their company's uniform is extorting them and it's a very wrong policy. Because once the employee drops such job, the uniform remains the property of such company

Paying for company uniform depend on the company you are working on , the company I am working for provides the kits and everything free but in some other company , you have to pay for it or it will be deducted from your salary.

i don't think I would be right as an individual who work in a company to pay for their uniforms. The company should be able to provide uniforms for employees.

It isn't advisable for a Business man/woman to think in that way, that may weigh the employees down because calculating the amount which will b spent on that Uniform, transport and feeding might be too much for the employee so I'll advice employers should rather get their employees uniform than for them to buy from the employer o

Actually paying for company uniform doesn't seem right in any form. Because the uniform of the company is the property of the company and therefore no employee should be expected to walk away with it after termination

Workers should never pay for 4 company uniform because they are working with the company. They can pay for other dues or even if the uniform get torn but the initial kit for the job shouldn't be paid for because they are working for the company and the company had to produce or provide what they need for the effectivity of the job.

There is usually a uniform allowance of about $20 that is being paid every year but I do not think that is enough to cater for my uniform needs but it is definitely cover a significant aspect of the project.

Uniforms is one of the most hardest decisions that people usually make and that is why I believe that the organisation should try to at least give them a certain percentage of what they are going to spend at the end of the year.

It really depends on the job. This is something that you can leave up to the employee and they could right it off at the end of the year on taxes and get their money back if I am not mistaken as it is considered a work expense.

For me, uniforms should be provided by the company. It should be included in the benefits to be given by the employer. I don't think it's a good impression for the company to let their employee pay for their uniforms.

The company should be the one paying for the uniform , and there's actually no point making the employees to be the one who would pay for the uniform since they are working for you.

The employer should be responsible for the cost of the company's uniform. The major reason why I said this is because the uniform isn't useful for me if I quit the job. It remains the property of the company and the employer has the rights to retrieve it if stopped working any time.

The only condition where employees are responsible for their uniforms is if the company is already giving them some allowance towards their being able to cover the costs.

It is not appropriate for any organisation that wants to move forward in its operton to compel employees to buy heir own uniform,such act can dampened the morale of the worker, a reponsible outfit will provides all the needs of the workers.

Should employees be made to pay for company uniform or specific clothing, that isn’t classed as “casual wear”? For example, the previous job I had, was working in a Bar and the company required all employees to wear black from neck to toe. In my case, not everyone will have a wide selection of black clothing in their wardrobe so having to buy more is wrong considering I was on minimum wage! What do you think, should employees be made to pay for company uniform or specific items of clothing? Or should the employer take the cost for the initial item(s)?
I think it's improper for employees to be charged for clothes that are part of their official uniforms. It ought to be given free without any extra charge.

It doesn't make sense for companies to make their employees buy the uniform. If in owned a company and I'm to adopt this, I would make sure the uniforms are distributed to everyone for free

Employees shouldn't pay for company's uniform, it should be given to the employees free. Personal protective equipments (PPEs) and other forms of uniforms should be made available free for the employees by the company.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back