What's new

Do you have to pay for company uniform?

When I was teaching in a school in the past I remembered my boss forced me to pay for her company's uniform. She deducted money for uniform and gave balance after the end of month. Actually, this thing pained me but I had no choice than to dance to their tune but it would never come from my mind to buy company's uniform from any business.

This is painful. If you were the teacher, then why were you supposed to get a uniform? I have always seen students wearing uniforms. Did your school also required teachers to have a uniform as well?

There's no problem if I have to pay after all that isn't really much. I wouldn't put that into consideration and that should not stop someone from working in a good company just because they are asked to pay for a uniform.

There's no problem if I have to pay after all that isn't really much. I wouldn't put that into consideration and that should not stop someone from working in a good company just because they are asked to pay for a uniform.

Well, the only problem is that uniforms may not be cheap after all. Uniforms might be worth a lot, depending on the quality of the cloth used to make it for people.

Well, the only problem is that uniforms may not be cheap after all. Uniforms might be worth a lot, depending on the quality of the cloth used to make it for people.
Most companies that will ask employees to buy their own personal uniform will not tell them the quality , they will just tell you the dressing code and you have to sow the equality you are interested for yourself.

Most companies that will ask employees to buy their own personal uniform will not tell them the quality , they will just tell you the dressing code and you have to sow the equality you are interested for yourself.

Many employers may have the habit of boasting things provided to the employees, so they may also boast about how "expensive" the uniform is which the company offered to the employees.

Many employers may have the habit of boasting things provided to the employees, so they may also boast about how "expensive" the uniform is which the company offered to the employees.
This is mainly as a result of pride , nobody suggested you to provide expensive uniform to your employees . Even if you have to do so, it was on your own intention to do it and nothing to boast about here.

The company's uniform would normally carry the badge of the company and that is to demonstrate that it is a property of the company and not the property of the employees. In light of this, it should be purchased for the employees by the company.

In my own opinion , the company uniform should be the property of the organisation because it will carry the name of the company , so it should be given out to the workers free of charge .

This is mainly as a result of pride , nobody suggested you to provide expensive uniform to your employees . Even if you have to do so, it was on your own intention to do it and nothing to boast about here.

I think that some companies do not want to invest money in uniforms and this is why they tend to avoid manufacturing uniforms in the first place. What do you think?

Should employees be made to pay for company uniform or specific clothing, that isn’t classed as “casual wear”? For example, the previous job I had, was working in a Bar and the company required all employees to wear black from neck to toe. In my case, not everyone will have a wide selection of black clothing in their wardrobe so having to buy more is wrong considering I was on minimum wage! What do you think, should employees be made to pay for company uniform or specific items of clothing? Or should the employer take the cost for the initial item(s)?
I used to work in a hospital as a receptionist, and they provided the uniform and charged nothing for it. A friend of mine is an engineer and works for solar power their company provides them free t-shirt every year which they have wear when their something important and they don't even charge for it. I have never heard of a company that ask employes to pay for something like this and if there are companies out there which ask their employes to pay for such thing then I belive it is totally wrong because when I am paying for something it should be of my own choice and comfort.

I think that some companies do not want to invest money in uniforms and this is why they tend to avoid manufacturing uniforms in the first place. What do you think?
It all depends , not really about the manufacturing. some could even see it as a way of generating profit to the company by selling it to their employees who are interested to acquire them after they have been employed.

in my previous job, I paid for the company uniform, it was deducted from my first salary, but now I work with a different organization

in my previous job, I paid for the company uniform, it was deducted from my first salary, but now I work with a different organization
So the new organization doesn't deduct uniform of company if I am not wrong? Or doesn't require uniform at work? Please detail more.

To me, employees shouldn't be responsible to pay for company's trading because they come to contribute to the organization, and every thing they need should be provided for them.

It depend on employers. Some may decide to ask employees to pay for the uniform while some will give it out freely. But to be frank, the employee should not be ask to pay for the uniform.

Though most companies or organizations usually make the employees or members pay for the uniforms but personally i feel it's note t to be so. You ( the company) are the ones who wants the workers to be on uniform, so it should be part of the things you need to give to them. The only time they can pay for it is in a situation where it is damaged.

Though most companies or organizations usually make the employees or members pay for the uniforms but personally i feel it's note t to be so. You ( the company) are the ones who wants the workers to be on uniform, so it should be part of the things you need to give to them. The only time they can pay for it is in a situation where it is damaged.
If a company has 3 employees then it should ok to suffer for 3 uniforms for the employees but if company employs one thousand workers or 500 workers then it needs a full budgetary to pay for uniform so that is why uniform is debited from your salary.

Well, I am actually quite surprised to know that even many teachers have to wear uniforms in many schools. This is something that I never knew in the first place. This is because I have never been to any school where even teachers are supposed to wear uniforms.

If a company has 3 employees then it should ok to suffer for 3 uniforms for the employees but if company employs one thousand workers or 500 workers then it needs a full budgetary to pay for uniform so that is why uniform is debited from your salary.
If the fees for the uniforms are debited from your salary that's even better compared to a situation where you are made to pay for it separately. I have seen cases like this where you have to pay for the uniforms separately.

I have never worked in a company where I had to wear a uniform, but most of the people I know who have to wear their company's uniform had to purchase their uniform. This is a really bad situation., I guess.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back