What's new

Do you have to pay for company uniform?

You can rely on that if the company is reliable and rich enough I dont think that its proper to pay for company uniform the company that employed you need to provide you the uniform that you need to use so staff dont just need to pay for uniform
It is not really proper to buy equipment that is needed for the smooth running of the company when you are not the owner of the company. It is a responsibility of the company to provide all these.

It is not really proper to buy equipment that is needed for the smooth running of the company when you are not the owner of the company. It is a responsibility of the company to provide all these.
Some companies covers part of the cost of uniform due to lack of funds while some others debits the money fully from the salary of the employee so it is related to economic money situation of the company.

It is true that the company should budget for the wears that their employees would use . The company should provide all the materials that is needed for running the business.

I have not paid for any company uniform and I do not see the reason why I would pay for a company's uniform that is a company's property. I will never do such, never.

Some companies may also "sell" uniforms to their workers. Usually, many companies offer uniforms to workers who have a blue collar jobs in the manufacturing unit of the company.

Some companies may also "sell" uniforms to their workers. Usually, many companies offer uniforms to workers who have a blue collar jobs in the manufacturing unit of the company.
I have seen companies that give personal clothings to their employees for free . Such company knows the importance of treating the employees very well.

These are usually petty things that should not even require a debate for one to decide on what to do. I am of the opinion that the company should do the uniform for their employees free.
A reasonable company would not want their employees to stay without uniform. It is only logical for the company to settle these bills on uniform.

No need expecting employees to pay for it.

Last edited:
These are usually petty things that should not even require a debate for one to decide on what to do. I am of the opinion that the company should do the uniform for their employees free.
A reasonable company would not want their employees to stay without uniform. It is only logical for the company to settle these bills on uniform.

No need expecting employees to pay for it.
The company is in the best position to provide uniform for the employees. The uniform remain the property of the company and as such, it must be provided by it.

The company is in the best position to provide uniform for the employees. The uniform remain the property of the company and as such, it must be provided by it.

The companies that manufacture products are the ones that usually require people to have a uniform. Not all the businesses require you to have a uniform. In my country, banks never require you to have a uniform.

The companies that manufacture products are the ones that usually require people to have a uniform. Not all the businesses require you to have a uniform. In my country, banks never require you to have a uniform.
But they obliges you to wear something or some wearing appearance as bank agency because you are not free to wear anywhere like someone how is working elsewhere the bank.

In my country, a lot of businesses and even the government pay employees their uniform allowance, and this helps to avoid the situation where people expect a company or business to buy for them.

In my country, a lot of businesses and even the government pay employees their uniform allowance, and this helps to avoid the situation where people expect a company or business to buy for them.
This is exactly what should be done. Uniforms should be paid for by the company and not by the employees. This is the normal practice.

I dont think its proper to pay for company uniform the firm that you are working with are the firm that suppose to provide you with company uniform no matter how small the firm may be they do provide company wear

I dont think its proper to pay for company uniform the firm that you are working with are the firm that suppose to provide you with company uniform no matter how small the firm may be they do provide company wear
The company's uniform belongs to the company and it remains the property of the company. It is a way of advertising the company and not paying for such materials by the company is not good at all.

But they obliges you to wear something or some wearing appearance as bank agency because you are not free to wear anywhere like someone how is working elsewhere the bank.

The banks in here do not require that much. They just require you to wear office shirt and pant, just like it may seem you look like a business person. This is what bank require in here.

This is exactly what should be done. Uniforms should be paid for by the company and not by the employees. This is the normal practice.
Yea

It is a bit ridiculous for a company to expect that its employees be the ones to pay for their uniforms.

Such Company that require this are usually not serious.

Yea

It is a bit ridiculous for a company to expect that its employees be the ones to pay for their uniforms.

Such Company that require this are usually not serious.
It is all relative to the money and the budgetary of the company so if company financial situation is really hard and cannot afford to pay its duties then employees could be cooperative.

This is one of the debates that we had in our workplace for a very long time and at the end of the day they decided that they are going to be paying us for uniform allowance at the end of every year.

With the exception of Personal Protective Equipment,I think that there is no legal obligation for an employer to pay for uniforms. Usually, employers will provide a couple of sets of uniform, and ask employees to pay for any additional sets.
Should employees be made to pay for company uniform or specific clothing, that isn’t classed as “casual wear”? For example, the previous job I had, was working in a Bar and the company required all employees to wear black from neck to toe. In my case, not everyone will have a wide selection of black clothing in their wardrobe so having to buy more is wrong considering I was on minimum wage! What do you think, should employees be made to pay for company uniform or specific items of clothing? Or should the employer take the cost for the initial item(s)?

This is one of the debates that we had in our workplace for a very long time and at the end of the day they decided that they are going to be paying us for uniform allowance at the end of every year.
It is really a good idea if a company is giving uniform allowance. It shows that the company is very responsible to taking care of the employees.

It is really a good idea if a company is giving uniform allowance. It shows that the company is very responsible to taking care of the employees.
If a company is giving uniform allowance it is really a great idea because it is a way to encourage the employees.
It is unethical for the employees to pay for the company's uniform.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back