What's new

Do you have to pay for company uniform?

I used to work in a restaurant where we wore uniforms. The work t-shirts were provided for by the company but you had to buy yourself black trousers or skirts. That was fair if you ask me.

I have never worked in a company where I had to wear a uniform, but most of the people I know who have to wear their company's uniform had to purchase their uniform. This is a really bad situation., I guess.

Well, I have also never worked in any such kind of company. However, I have worked in a company that had strange rules about dressing and what you wear.

I have never worked in a company where I had to wear a uniform, but most of the people I know who have to wear their company's uniform had to purchase their uniform. This is a really bad situation., I guess.
If you have to work in a very prestigious organisation in which their payment is reasonable , buying of uniform should not be a problem. Most especially when the payment is ok by you.

I heard that in some companies, they deduct the cost of the company uniforms from the staff salary. I would sue such an organization because a uniform is supposed to be one of the working tools I am given by the organization as a staff.

If you have to work in a very prestigious organisation in which their payment is reasonable , buying of uniform should not be a problem. Most especially when the payment is ok by you.

If the company pays extra money to buy uniform, then I would be okay with that. However, I would feel awkward to buy uniform and pay the money from my own pocket.

For me, uniforms should be provided by the company. It should be included in the benefits to be given by the employer. I don't think it's a good impression for the company to let their employee pay for their uniforms.

This is also my assessment when it comes to paying for the uniform which you are going to use to work for the company because it is not reasonable for the company to force you to pay for the uniform that you're going to work for them when you actually have your own clothes. So, if they decide you're to be working with a uniform, basically they should provide the uniform.

If the company pays extra money to buy uniform, then I would be okay with that. However, I would feel awkward to buy uniform and pay the money from my own pocket.
Then what will be your final decision if the company tells you to buy a uniform , will you have to resign or will you continue working if their salary is reasonable ? In as much as it may seems to be an awkward thing to do but to me it does not matter as long as the environment is suitable for you , after all it is just once and for all.

Then what will be your final decision if the company tells you to buy a uniform , will you have to resign or will you continue working if their salary is reasonable ? In as much as it may seems to be an awkward thing to do but to me it does not matter as long as the environment is suitable for you , after all it is just once and for all.
If the pay is reasonable, I would tell them to give me time to pay for the uniform. They would have to be taking the cost of the uniform installmentally for a period of 6 months. In that way, it won't really affect my salary that much.

If the pay is reasonable, I would tell them to give me time to pay for the uniform. They would have to be taking the cost of the uniform installmentally for a period of 6 months. In that way, it won't really affect my salary that much.
Lolz, The cost of the uniform may not really be expensive to the point that you won't be able to pay it at once.
So it shouldn't take up to six months as you're saying because your one months salary can cover everything and still have something reasonable left for you.

Should employees be made to pay for company uniform or specific clothing, that isn’t classed as “casual wear”? For example, the previous job I had, was working in a Bar and the company required all employees to wear black from neck to toe. In my case, not everyone will have a wide selection of black clothing in their wardrobe so having to buy more is wrong considering I was on minimum wage! What do you think, should employees be made to pay for company uniform or specific items of clothing? Or should the employer take the cost for the initial item(s)?
It is very wrong. Ther company that you work for should be able to provide the uniform that you are going tonwrar and when you resign, you will return back their uniform to them. That is how it should be.

It is very wrong. Ther company that you work for should be able to provide the uniform that you are going tonwrar and when you resign, you will return back their uniform to them. That is how it should be.

This is exactly what I believe should be obtainable in most businesses and it's exactly what happens in most hotel businesses in my country because they always make sure to provide their working uniform for all their staffs.

I think this is how it is in every company. I cannot be a worker in a company and I will be expected to just buy uniform by myself. I will feel somehow so I will prefer they give me my uniform.

Well, I may not resign right away just because a company is asking me to buy a uniform. The fact remains that I am quite sure that certain jobs. do not require me to buy a uniform. Bank jobs are one such example.

Well, I may not resign right away just because a company is asking me to buy a uniform. The fact remains that I am quite sure that certain jobs. do not require me to buy a uniform. Bank jobs are one such example.
I know so many jobs will not require this from you , although we are just speaking in situations that this may happen.
In any case for me it wouldn't be any problem at all even though such may not likely happen.

I think this is how it is in every company. I cannot be a worker in a company and I will be expected to just buy uniform by myself. I will feel somehow so I will prefer they give me my uniform.

The truth remains that any company that forces their workers to buy uniforms with their own money is a very wicked company that is run by a very wicked management who doesn't care about what the people are suffering from.

This is also my assessment when it comes to paying for the uniform which you are going to use to work for the company because it is not reasonable for the company to force you to pay for the uniform that you're going to work for them when you actually have your own clothes. So, if they decide you're to be working with a uniform, basically they should provide the uniform.
Exactly. I don’t see the point of having the employees pay for uniforms if it will be used within the company. Simple because, it would be useless once the employee resigns.

I don't have to pay for office uniform because I am serving them. They are responsible to take care of their employees and make him to feel among the organization. Besides the uniform does not useful for him outside but for the organization.

Some employees are not required to pay for uniform and some companies do not have that much strict policies concerning uniform in case the uniform gets damaged.

I work in a company where the management requires you to always put on the uniform at times where you are expected to use it. There is no payment from staff for the uniform when you resume work, but you are expected to make use of the uniform judiciously as using it roughly will attract a fine.

I work in a company where the management requires you to always put on the uniform at times where you are expected to use it. There is no payment from staff for the uniform when you resume work, but you are expected to make use of the uniform judiciously as using it roughly will attract a fine.

Certain workplaces may have such kind of rules. However, I think that if a company wants its workers to wear uniforms, then they must also provide more than one suits. A person may not wear a single uniform for the whole month. They would need to wear a different suit as well. So, a company must also offer that as well.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back