What's new

Wearing shorts in the workplace?

Since I've been working for years, I've made sure to abide by all the companies working policies where I've been employed. I hate it whenever the management calls me in for questioning because I didn't keep the company's policy. If they demand no wearing of shorts, I will never think about putting it on to work.

When you're interested in being in the company or any business for long, there's no other choice left than for you to abide by all the company's rules, regulations and objectives. Once they notice that you're not keeping to the company's objective, there's nothing that going to make them not fire such staff.

Well, this is why many companies may never allow you to wear shorts because they know the importance of dressing when it comes to business. However, I personally think that just because a person is well-dressed , this may not necessarily mean that they are legitimate business.
If you have been to any MLM company where they are trying to prospect clients to buy into their Multi Level Marketing And Sales business which most of them are scams, they dress very well in a coperate manner to deceive those they are trying to take their money. QNet is an example of such companies. They've scammed two of my friends with looks and lies.

It depends on the kind of work you do. People who work as security officers are generally prohibited from wearing shorts in many parts of the world. I presently work in a dredging site, I normally wear shorts to work.

Seeing a security officer who's on short is definitely going to be hilarious. It doesn't suit that line of in any way at all. It's just like a police officer putting on his work uniform and it's a short. It doesn't look right and shouldn't be allowed in any kind of guard duty jobs.

Seeing a security officer who's on short is definitely going to be hilarious. It doesn't suit that line of in any way at all. It's just like a police officer putting on his work uniform and it's a short. It doesn't look right and shouldn't be allowed in any kind of guard duty jobs.
A police officer will look like a joke in short as his uniform. A security guard might put on a short but it's rare to happen. Where I've seen a guard wearing short is zoo. All the guards there wore short the day I went there. It may be their routine of dressing.

If you have been to any MLM company where they are trying to prospect clients to buy into their Multi Level Marketing And Sales business which most of them are scams, they dress very well in a coperate manner to deceive those they are trying to take their money. QNet is an example of such companies. They've scammed two of my friends with looks and lies.

Such kind of companies exist everywhere. What's quite disappointing is the fact that the government does not take any kind of action against such kind of companies at all. These marketing companies also spend millions of worth of currencies on advertisement in order to entice investors. They also dress in a well manner in order to make it appear as if they are professionals. They will never wear shorts, though.

Personally, I just don't think its appropriate to wear shorts to work, it will make the employee look kinda unserious. It's just too casual for that, shorts are better off at the beach. And also you can wear shorts for your remote jobs especially when you have zoom meetings.

Working on a remote job at home, I can even be shirtless and no one would know it if we are on a zoom call. I can set up my camera to capture only my head. Personally, I don't like wearing clothes when I'm at home. No one can dictate what you wear at home.

Working on a remote job at home, I can even be shirtless and no one would know it if we are on a zoom call. I can set up my camera to capture only my head. Personally, I don't like wearing clothes when I'm at home. No one can dictate what you wear at home.

Until or unless you need to attend a virtual meeting, you can work at home wearing anything. I also work at home shirtless many times because I do not need to encounter anyone or meet anyone in person. So, the environment could play a huge role how you dress up.

Such kind of companies exist everywhere. What's quite disappointing is the fact that the government does not take any kind of action against such kind of companies at all. These marketing companies also spend millions of worth of currencies on advertisement in order to entice investors. They also dress in a well manner in order to make it appear as if they are professionals. They will never wear shorts, though.
They will not be able to sell their lies wearing shorts. They need to look professional at their very best. If they have to borrow to look rich, they will do it. Appearance is an effective tool of deceit.

They will not be able to sell their lies wearing shorts. They need to look professional at their very best. If they have to borrow to look rich, they will do it. Appearance is an effective tool of deceit.

I once visited an office of a firm and it was basically an MLM company, which was involved in pyramid scheme. At that time, I never knew that this company was fraudulent in the first place. However, later I realised that they were an MLM company when I carried out research. None of the employees in there were wearing shorts and all of them were dressed well, just to fool people.

Until or unless you need to attend a virtual meeting, you can work at home wearing anything. I also work at home shirtless many times because I do not need to encounter anyone or meet anyone in person. So, the environment could play a huge role how you dress up.

Only my head showing in a virtual meeting is more than enough presentation and no one is going to question why it's only my head that's showing in the live meeting. Even right now, I'm at home and not putting on any shirt but only my pants 👖.

In the workplace, do you think it’s acceptable to wear knee length shorts? Skirts are allowed but most boys I know wouldn’t want to turn up to work wearing one.

If the shorts are smart, is there an issue? I work as a Security Officer for G4S and shorts are prohibited even if they are knee length and smart. With temperatures rising to 20-30 degrees Celsius and no air conditioning, it makes the jobs of security officers very difficult and hot to do.

What’s your view on this?
Someone like me cannot try that. They said you dress the way u should be addressed. Just dress decently and go to work, looking good they said it's a business. Although it all depend on the kind of business hare into.

Only my head showing in a virtual meeting is more than enough presentation and no one is going to question why it's only my head that's showing in the live meeting. Even right now, I'm at home and not putting on any shirt but only my pants 👖.

There are a few other people who may also wear a short while they are at the job. This may also include park rangers as well. The nature of their jobs may require them to wear a short although not all the park rangers wear shorts. Some of them may wear pants as well.

Someone like me cannot try that. They said you dress the way u should be addressed. Just dress decently and go to work, looking good they said it's a business. Although it all depend on the kind of business hare into.

Ladies faces more discrimination when it comes to what they wear at work. They are meant to wear skirts but there's a way the skirts would be and it's going to be an issue. Personally, I prefer a lady wearing trousers than skirts because it's more convenient and comfortable for them to sit down without being worried about opening their legs.

Ladies faces more discrimination when it comes to what they wear at work. They are meant to wear skirts but there's a way the skirts would be and it's going to be an issue. Personally, I prefer a lady wearing trousers than skirts because it's more convenient and comfortable for them to sit down without being worried about opening their legs.

I think that anyone could face issues when it comes to wearing a specific dress. I have worked in a telemarketing company and in that company men were required to wear a traditional dress on every Friday. This was the kind of rule which was created specifically for males.

I think that anyone could face issues when it comes to wearing a specific dress. I have worked in a telemarketing company and in that company men were required to wear a traditional dress on every Friday. This was the kind of rule which was created specifically for males.
This is discrimination against ladies unless the company doesn't employ ladies to work for them. Men and ladies have traditional designed dresses. It's wrong to allow men wear their own traditionally designed clothes to work and stop ladies from doing same.

I belive the reason why short is not allow in a work place for boys is because the addmistration wants boys to look smart in discharging there duties and also presenting themselves to customers. As for you working as a Security guard, due to the increase in temperature, I think you should speak to your supervisor to see if he can allowe you change your outfit during high temperature.

This is discrimination against ladies unless the company doesn't employ ladies to work for them. Men and ladies have traditional designed dresses. It's wrong to allow men wear their own traditionally designed clothes to work and stop ladies from doing same.

Well, the traditional dress for men is quite similar to ladies, so this is not a discriminatory act at all. Kameez Shalwar is worn by both men and women in my country. However, the Kameez Shalwar of men looks a bit different than that of ladies. You can search for it and find how it looks.

Well, the traditional dress for men is quite similar to ladies, so this is not a discriminatory act at all. Kameez Shalwar is worn by both men and women in my country. However, the Kameez Shalwar of men looks a bit different than that of ladies. You can search for it and find how it looks.
I was going by your former statement that it's the kind of rule which was created specifically for males to wear traditional wears in the telemarketing company where you used to work. It meant ladies are not allowed to wear such clothes with the rule being made for male only. How is it not discriminatory?

I was going by your former statement that it's the kind of rule which was created specifically for males to wear traditional wears in the telemarketing company where you used to work. It meant ladies are not allowed to wear such clothes with the rule being made for male only. How is it not discriminatory?

This is not discriminatory because the traditional suit for men and women is different. I think that it could be discriminatory, but it depends on how you view it. Regardless of that, I actually found this rule quite strange. I would never create such kind of rules if I were to start a business.

This is not discriminatory because the traditional suit for men and women is different. I think that it could be discriminatory, but it depends on how you view it. Regardless of that, I actually found this rule quite strange. I would never create such kind of rules if I were to start a business.
Ladies can sew traditional dress and men can sew traditional dress too right? How would men be allowed to wear their own traditional dress to work while women can't be allowed to wear their own traditional dress to work? Which other angle are you viewing it from that doesn't scream discrimination?

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back