Owner
Staff member
Administrative Team
1000 Posts Club
May 4, 2015
USD
$109.8000USD
Biznotes
In the workplace, do you think it’s acceptable to wear knee length shorts? Skirts are allowed but most boys I know wouldn’t want to turn up to work wearing one.

If the shorts are smart, is there an issue? I work as a Security Officer for G4S and shorts are prohibited even if they are knee length and smart. With temperatures rising to 20-30 degrees Celsius and no air conditioning, it makes the jobs of security officers very difficult and hot to do.

What’s your view on this?

I had a job as a hotel security guard, there were times that I went with shorts, since we did not have a specific uniform, my boss told me that it was very inappropriate to wear those pants and bought me a pair of long pants, I think it depends a lot on the job in question, but I wore those pants because it was summer and it was too hot.

Shorts do not fit into the formal category and is not allowed in almost all formal settings including workplace.

I think we should be able to wear what makes us comfortable as long as we're not exposing ourselves. I think especially so if you're in a really hot environment and wearing a ton of clothes can be bad for you.

Thankfully I work from home, so don't have to worry about it.

It depends on the kind of work you do. People who work as security officers are generally prohibited from wearing shorts in many parts of the world. I presently work in a dredging site, I normally wear shorts to work.

I have honestly never understood why they have this in place not only in the workplace but in schools as well now.

When the weather gets as hot as it does now especially in the UK, many would feel much more comfortable wearing shorts and when it's not allowed, it can make it very uncomfortable for those working.

In schools, the females can wear skirts but they have to be knee length and they have to wear tights with them as well which again, could cause an issue with heat but the boys can not wear shorts at all, even knee length but they can in PE as long as they are knee length.

I feel it should not be an issue as long as the shorts are knee-length and are not too revealing. I could understand it if someone turned up with really short shorts on, that would be an issue.

I have honestly never understood why they have this in place not only in the workplace but in schools as well now.

When the weather gets as hot as it does now especially in the UK, many would feel much more comfortable wearing shorts and when it's not allowed, it can make it very uncomfortable for those working.

In schools, the females can wear skirts but they have to be knee length and they have to wear tights with them as well which again, could cause an issue with heat but the boys can not wear shorts at all, even knee length but they can in PE as long as they are knee length.

I feel it should not be an issue as long as the shorts are knee-length and are not too revealing. I could understand it if someone turned up with really short shorts on, that would be an issue.
I give you all the reason, honestly I do not know what will be the temperature of the United Kingdom in summer, but in my country (Spain) in the area where I live some summers we have reached 45 degrees and with high humidity, you can imagine how stressful it can be to wear long pants and be sweating a lot due to humidity.

I give you all the reason, honestly I do not know what will be the temperature of the United Kingdom in summer, but in my country (Spain) in the area where I live some summers we have reached 45 degrees and with high humidity, you can imagine how stressful it can be to wear long pants and be sweating a lot due to humidity.

I live in a coastal area. The temperature of my city has increased so much and now the weather has become incredibly hot. The temperature reached 40 degree or a bit higher and humidity has made things quite harder for many people.

In the workplace, do you think it’s acceptable to wear knee length shorts? Skirts are allowed but most boys I know wouldn’t want to turn up to work wearing one.

If the shorts are smart, is there an issue? I work as a Security Officer for G4S and shorts are prohibited even if they are knee length and smart. With temperatures rising to 20-30 degrees Celsius and no air conditioning, it makes the jobs of security officers very difficult and hot to do.

What’s your view on this?
I think it depends on how professional the business is, the location, and even more so what kind of work is required.
Our local mailman wears shorts in the summer, and it looks totally normal and acceptable, because the shorts match the whole uniform. They look like part of the uniform, so nobody really questions it.
Now, if my mom would only question the real estate "agents" she lets in the house right before she leaves, and I'm upstairs all alone with the cats so they won't be scared.. she'd realize that a guy dressed in shorts and a t-shirt with NO real estate business card on him is actually not a real estate agent at all.
It's a random guy trying to rob the house because he thinks it's empty.
(Real estate agents are always dressed professionally.) And they always have a card.
That's what I mean when I say it depends on what type of business is involved when it comes to dress code.

During week days, wearing of shorts isn't allowed at my workplace. It's against the company's dress code. It's only on Saturdays you're allowed to wear shorts if you want and it's a half day job for everyone. I hardly wear them at work anyways except for going to beach.

Personally, I just don't think its appropriate to wear shorts to work, it will make the employee look kinda unserious. It's just too casual for that, shorts are better off at the beach. And also you can wear shorts for your remote jobs especially when you have zoom meetings.

The look you wear when going to work is not the same for the daily life because this is not smart, wearing should be long pants as mentionned in the posts above this.

I reckon that majority of the workplaces would not allow that. I have worked in a company where they ordered employees to wear traditional clothes at a specific day. On other days, we used to wear office dress. in many banks, they never allow you to wear any other kind of dress. You must always wear office dress.

Shorts don't look professional so I don't think it's a good idea to wear shorts at work unless you work a simple job maybe then I don't wear shorts even tho I'm allowed to not wear uniform

I personally think that it depends on the organization you work with and the type of work you normally engage in. In a corporate organization, it will give a negative impression to wear shorts to the office.

I personally think that it depends on the organization you work with and the type of work you normally engage in. In a corporate organization, it will give a negative impression to wear shorts to the office.

I can't even think of any kind of business management or company where wearing of shorts will be something that is good enough to present a good image of such business as far as I'm concerned. Unless it is those that are market traders then wearing shorts is something that is not going to affect the image of the business.

I can't even think of any kind of business management or company where wearing of shorts will be something that is good enough to present a good image of such business as far as I'm concerned. Unless it is those that are market traders then wearing shorts is something that is not going to affect the image of the business.

There are some jobs that would allow that. I think that a lifeguard job would allow you to wear shorts while you are at work. Fishermen also wear shorts as well when they are fishing, in case if they work for a fishery or a company that requires them to hunt fishes.

There are some jobs that would allow that. I think that a lifeguard job would allow you to wear shorts while you are at work. Fishermen also wear shorts as well when they are fishing, in case if they work for a fishery or a company that requires them to hunt fishes.

There is a possibility that these companies that you mention would actually allow their workers to wear shorts but I'm also sure that it is not going to be only short that they will be allowed to do their jobs in some certain situations because they can actually wear swimming trunks as well.

There is a possibility that these companies that you mention would actually allow their workers to wear shorts but I'm also sure that it is not going to be only short that they will be allowed to do their jobs in some certain situations because they can actually wear swimming trunks as well.

I have also seen many wildlife professionals who always wear shorts when it comes to going to the jungle. They always wear shorts or pants while travelling. They travel in areas that are quite hot, so they need to wear shorts when it comes to travelling in such areas.

I have also seen many wildlife professionals who always wear shorts when it comes to going to the jungle. They always wear shorts or pants while travelling. They travel in areas that are quite hot, so they need to wear shorts when it comes to travelling in such areas.

Personally, if I'm working in any company that takes me into the wild, there's no way I'm going to wear shorts. This is because my skin is very sensitive to grass and I wouldn't like to have grass rashes all over my legs.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back