What's new

Are you close with your employees? Or is it strictly about business?

If you want your workers to like you as the boss , everything about you and them should not strictly be about business , you should allow them confide in you and be closer to them .

Just like someone suggested, I'll prefer the carrot and stick approach - getting close to them to earn their trust but setting boundaries in the process and correcting where necessarily in firmness as well. Employers who're close to their employees beyond work relationship have more productive employees
It is better to keep using the carrot-and-stick approach because you shouldn't be too soft and you shouldn't be too hardened. You should be able to strike a balance and ensure to follow the business etiquette.

If you want your workers to like you as the boss , everything about you and them should not strictly be about business , you should allow them confide in you and be closer to them .
It could strictly be about business but that doesn't really mean that you shouldn't care about your employee. You can just make them comfortable in So many ways without appearing to be too strict.

Running your own business can be fun, especially if you hire in friends and family to be a part of it. I honestly don't advise you hire friends or family, because I don't think it'd be fun to have to fire a friend or family member.

But, when it comes to any employee you hire, do you ever get close to them? Maybe as a friend? Or is it strictly business for you?
I am not in such a business to employ people, but I think the relationship between the owner and the employees must be friendly not strict because friendly relationships are always filled with honesty.

Being close to your employees is not a bad thing, but it depends on the kind of individual you are, there are most employers that don't want to have a good time with their employees and that's very bad.

The carrot-stick approach seems to be the most professional guidance in a business. Employees who show up on time, do their work as expected, and bring in positive attitudes, etc should be rewarded, versus employees who carry on a negative behavior, show up to work late/call out, and don't do their job should be penalized. There's no favoritism using the approach. You can be close to employees, have fun, and make the environment a positive place to work - if everyone understands that business is business and leisure is to be done elsewhere.

I will be close with my employees. As a business owner you are not expected to be strict. Most times this is never a guarantee of a successful business. Discipline is what you needed. That's all.

I will be close with my employees. As a business owner you are not expected to be strict. Most times this is never a guarantee of a successful business. Discipline is what you needed. That's all.
It is expected of me to be very close with my employees because it will help develop a cordial relationship which is healthy for the business.

Well so far I'm doing business with so many bosses all I observe was that most of them do only concentrate strictly on their businesses, they don't care about their employees.

Well personally I think been so closed to your employees is somehow a diaster sometimes though people have different way of thinking and dealing with business. personally I have to be strict so that business can be more effective.

It is expected of me to be very close with my employees because it will help develop a cordial relationship which is healthy for the business.
Yes , that is very important. You cannot just be in isolation . If you have to start up a business and employ people into the business you must be willing to work with them and in hand to make sure you bring up the business to a high standard. Have you ever been employed before ? Was your manager strict or not ?

Is very good to maintain a good relationship with your employees, because it is not really good to strictly with they, you have to create a good friendship with employees.

Yes , that is very important. You cannot just be in isolation . If you have to start up a business and employ people into the business you must be willing to work with them and in hand to make sure you bring up the business to a high standard. Have you ever been employed before ? Was your manager strict or not ?
It is very good not to be too strict but you shouldn't be too soft either so that some employees will not take it for granted and misuse the opportunity but you must not be Drew Street at work place as a boss.

Personally if I will be an entrepreneur, I will definitely be very strict about my business due to the fact that I have been seeing some employees misbehaving and not taking there duty very serious as expected.
It is very good not to be too strict but you shouldn't be too soft either so that some employees will not take it for granted and misuse the opportunity but you must not be Drew Street at work place as a boss.
Actually it's true that you shouldn't be too strict sometimes but it's also advisable not to be soft when it comes to the issue of taking business too serious. some employees needed someone who is very strict before they could obey him.

building personal relationship in a workplace is very good as it improves the chemistry of the workers which would in turn increase productivity and ultimately increase sales as well, but it should not past a certain line.

I wouldn't be strict for any reason. My employees will definitely be free with me because I employ them to work for me . My business organisation will not be a military zone.

I wouldn't be strict for any reason. My employees will definitely be free with me because I employ them to work for me . My business organisation will not be a military zone.
It is really not good to be too strict if you are a boss of the business because strictness may lead to a lot of negativities in the course of running the business.

In terms of being strict , rules and regulation of your business must be maintained and we should try all our possible means to make sure all rules are being maintained in appropriate manner. That's just what is needed.

It is very neccessary to handle the employees with caution. The business should be run more like a business and your relationship with any employees should be at the business level, but you shouldn't be unnecessarily strict.

Many employees are very close to their bosses and this is one of the main reasons why the bosses may pay heed when the employee offers some suggestions, it all depends on the kind of boss you have.

Whenever we are in the workplace it is mostly about how we are going to generate profit for it. Whenever we are outside we usually play and play some games together.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back