What's new

Are you close with your employees? Or is it strictly about business?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Running your own business can be fun, especially if you hire in friends and family to be a part of it. I honestly don't advise you hire friends or family, because I don't think it'd be fun to have to fire a friend or family member.

But, when it comes to any employee you hire, do you ever get close to them? Maybe as a friend? Or is it strictly business for you?

I always try to maintain a positive attitude with both employees and my co-workers because I believe that it is healthy and it is going to help us achieve our goal

One of the things that any good and considrate employer should be doing especially with relation to its emplyees is that he need to have a work friendly relationship with his staff,because that will help to ease any tention at work.

Well it all depends on the nature of the business but in my country most business owners are really strict with their employees so that those employees should not joke or temper with the finances of the business.

Well there is always time for everything and no time can be denied. when it's time for work to be done , they are always stricken about it and jokes with employees at there free time that's break time.

It is imperative that they should be boundaries when it comes to business but at the same time you should try to be friendly and at least know a thing or two about your employees.

Well in my location, or based on teachings of our fathers, children are not allow to run a business of themselves only that of the family. I started when I was old enough to hand resources.

At my working place we are very close with each others, to an extent we crack jokes, laugh and even forget that we are in our working place self, there is nothing like senior or junior collegues in our working place once we start communicating.

If I established a business, I will definitely be friendly with my employee. But I will set a boundary. I will not be a kind of Business owner that'll be coming and my my employee will sit comfortably without shaking. A boss is boss and deserved to respected. Strictness is not the only to make your employees to respect you.

When it comes to business everything should be formal . But outside the business , I always find it very easy to relate with my employees. Often times, we crack jokes a lot.

When it comes to business everything should be formal . But outside the business , I always find it very easy to relate with my employees. Often times, we crack jokes a lot.
I share same sentiment. When it come to business is everything about your apology is should be strictly about businesses and how to move the business forward. then it is quite cool to have personal friendship outside of the business.

I share same sentiment. When it come to business is everything about your apology is should be strictly about businesses and how to move the business forward. then it is quite cool to have personal friendship outside of the business.
It is better to keep business very official and you relate with your employees officially , but after the business hours, you can socialize and talk like normal friends . Because some employees may take that for granted

I always try to maintain a good relationship with people I am going to be seeing virtually on a daily basis be it
if it is business or it is people that I have a personal relationship with.

It is better to keep business very official and you relate with your employees officially , but after the business hours, you can socialize and talk like normal friends . Because some employees may take that for granted
Yeah, relating with your employees officially is always necessary when it comes to businesses. Sometimes being too loose around your employees can bring this respect.

For now I don't have a business to have an employee. What is the need of being strict and making your employees feel so uncomfortable. In any business organisation I am managing , everyone will always be free to express themselves.

For now I don't have a business to have an employee. What is the need of being strict and making your employees feel so uncomfortable. In any business organisation I am managing , everyone will always be free to express themselves.
If you do, it is not good to be strict with employees . You should use carrot and stick approach because you shouldn't be too soft in all cases because you may be taken for granted.

I'm not too hard and not too soft on employees. It has both advantage and disadvantage. It's good to have control over your employees and i don't think that's possible over family member or friends.

Yeah, relating with your employees officially is always necessary when it comes to businesses. Sometimes being too loose around your employees can bring this respect.
When everything is kept official at workplaces then outside the working hours, you could relate with them socially . This will create optimal respect at work places.

When everything is kept official at workplaces then outside the working hours, you could relate with them socially . This will create optimal respect at work places.
Yeah, relating which were employees even inside the business environment is actually not bad but there must be some level of discipline and boundaries. Some business people do this and it works.

I try to establish a good relationship with them too. But I also bear in mind that familiarity breeds contempt , so I do not give them overall access. There is a limit to how we relate.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back