What's new

What would you do is someone hijacked your site and requested payment to get it back?

I can't have a site without having its necessary information for security purpose such as the URL, this alone has helped me to get back my Facebook account which was hacked of recent.

My decision on what to do is going to be dependent on how they are asking for and the worth of my website. If they asked for what's above the valuation of my website, I would leave it for them.

It's dependent on how important the site is to me. If I feel I can't lose it, I might pay and then upgrade the security on the site. Another way is to employ tracing the hackers during communication with them, just buy more time.
If it's a site that's a new project to me, I can afford to let it go and develop something else

If the money I do get from the website is much and I know I can still recover the money in a little time, I can pay but if not, I won't pay but I will try my best to track the person as well.

Lets say your site was stolen by hackers or someone else. In order to get it back, you had to pay a large sum of money. Would you ever pay them? Or would you phone up the police to maybe sort it out? I think calling the police will be ideal, as well as reporting the site theft to your domain host.

But yeah, don't pay those scammers who steal and expect more in return. That's just messed up.
No other choice than to pay the money but if the money is too demanding then no option than to involve the police or let it go

Lets say your site was stolen by hackers or someone else. In order to get it back, you had to pay a large sum of money. Would you ever pay them? Or would you phone up the police to maybe sort it out? I think calling the police will be ideal, as well as reporting the site theft to your domain host.

But yeah, don't pay those scammers who steal and expect more in return. That's just messed up.
Personally, I believe that once your website is already hacked, it means that you have really lost it because if you happen to pay and get it back they will hack it again and request for you to pay another ransom.

If there's a way to report site theft, then that's what I'll do. If impossible, then I will loose the site. These scammers can get your money and still won't release your site. It is better prevented than having to go through such.

I think the best way to deal with such kind of people is to report them to authority and also ask the Web Domain provider to deal with such kind of problems. These problems are usually faced by successful website owners all the time.

That was one thing that killed a site that my friend opened. Hackers kept disturbing him and the other guys and they kept losing the server for days which made them lose the site completely

Well it will depend on the website. If it's a normal website, I'll only report to my web hosting provider. How can I pay for something that doesn't generate money for me. If it's a big website, I'll look for ways to recover the website. I may use the back-up to create a similar one and notify my readers.

My site has never been hijacked because I normally secure my account with a good security settings, if you security settings is very weak your site will definitely be hacked or hijacked.

If my site is hijacked by someone and that person requires payment of money for me to get it back, i would take legal actions. I rather spend the money he's demanding for on law suits than to pay him.

The best thing is to pay them the money since the person is careless about not adding security to the feature of the website. It's very important to add security Network to Website to prevent hacking like this
This is a very serious and a complicated issue whereby most hijackers never return your site for you after hacking your site, but this one you need to thread sofly by negotiating with the hacker, pay him off and put a better security to avoid further problem.

There is a lot of these types of things that happen on the websites and this is called ransomware, and personally i would not pay them because they could always request more payment each time.

It is good to put safety measures in place early enough. But if your site is hijacked, i would suggest first contacting your host or domain registrar for a quick remedy. Unless you shared the hosting information with the hacker (which is very unlikely), your site can be easily restored. Also, if you have a backup, you can easily restore to the last date when the site was OK.

It always best to inform your host as soon as possible and ask them to recover your website as they have good control on it and also advisable to contact local law enforcement authority as never wanted to pay money.

There are times that the local police are unable to do anything because if in the case of crypto sites there is a lot fo countries that have no legalized it and therefore they cannot take action.

As we all knows in Crypto transaction are hardest things as you don't have any option to trace your money so if lost your money you don't have any option to recover your money.

We shouldn't encourage hackers, by paying them. Contact your hosting company to help you with this. Would advise you to temporarily shut down the website and clear all the data and build it from the ground up. And use this experience to create solid security for the new website.

Yes that is best option for anyone have issue it is easy steps to do. First contact Host as they have all resources to stop hackers to misuse your website and you should have your backup so you can start website again with same data.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back