What's new

Ever have a massively popular/well known site?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I have had popular sites, but I don't think I can say I have had a massively popular or well known website. I dream of one day making that a reality though. Have you ever gotten a site to massive popularity? As in so widely known it could be as popular as Facebook or X.

I have never owned a site that was massively popular. The most successful site I have ever own was a multi author blog with over 200 articles, receiving 1-2K daily traffic and earning over $110 via Adsense. I sold the site for a good profit

I have never owned a site that was massively popular. The most successful site I have ever own was a multi author blog with over 200 articles, receiving 1-2K daily traffic and earning over $110 via Adsense. I sold the site for a good profit
Still, 1-2K daily traffic is quite good. It's not a ton, but it's better than a lot of the sites I have run over the years. Most site owners would love a constant rate of users daily, 1-2K daily may not sound like a lot, but it isn't bad either. I would have stuck with those sites if you were getting that amount of traffic, because it could have gotten better with some more work. Even if Adsense isn't much, you could still do other promotions on your site, sell other ad space and so on.

Still, 1-2K daily traffic is quite good. It's not a ton, but it's better than a lot of the sites I have run over the years. Most site owners would love a constant rate of users daily, 1-2K daily may not sound like a lot, but it isn't bad either. I would have stuck with those sites if you were getting that amount of traffic, because it could have gotten better with some more work. Even if Adsense isn't much, you could still do other promotions on your site, sell other ad space and so on.
Yes, I could have made more from the site in the long run compared to quick money I made back them. But it could also be just other away around. A lot of sites they were earning me good income have lost their revenue by more than 50 percent, so it is also possible that the site would not be making that kind of money.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back