What's new

What would you do is someone hijacked your site and requested payment to get it back?

I don't I think it is necessary to pay the hacker money if actually them hack your site, because the more you pay them, the hackers will continue to hack your site.

If I were to be in that situation I won't be paying anyone that's for sure, and the idea of calling the police here won't be of help so that won't be an option then one could try getting back the website

I will easily build up another site and continue my business because if you hijacked my site and it's useful for you you won't ask me for money because you have nothing to do with it you decide to milk me. Enjoy it while I move on with my life.

I find this funny because for someone to hijack a site I run, then that means the site must mean and worth a lot. Honestly I think I will just report them to the appropriate authorities and see what happens.

If I were to be in that situation I won't be paying anyone that's for sure, and the idea of calling the police here won't be of help so that won't be an option then one could try getting back the website
I believe if one can't call the police then there's nothing else one can do. Better just forget about the sites. It's a thing of pity that you can't get back your thing

We don't pray for such thing to happen though, but if paraventure it happens, I think the best thing to do is to inform your domain host as well as the police. This is because you may pay money to the theft and your site may still not be returned and you still lost money. It is just my opinion.

Lets say your site was stolen by hackers or someone else. In order to get it back, you had to pay a large sum of money. Would you ever pay them? Or would you phone up the police to maybe sort it out? I think calling the police will be ideal, as well as reporting the site theft to your domain host.

But yeah, don't pay those scammers who steal and expect more in return. That's just messed up.
Calling the police is a waste of time in my country, only a few lucky ones actually gets their case resolved by the police best settle the hacker and protect your website from further hack

Well to handle this kind of situation seriously it's depends on how important and profitable that kind or particular websites is to you. definitely if it's something more important to me or my business definitely I have not option than to come on consideration with him inother to have it back.

What guarantee do I get that when I pay the ransom, my site would be retrieved? I would rather forgo the site to the hackers than pay a dime no matter how much traffic I had generated!

You can contact the hosting company you are using for the website and tell them about the hacking. They are going to delete everything on the website and do a backup for you with new login details.

That will depend on what type of website you run that got hacked and hijacked by the hackers asking for a ransom. You should have been more careful about the security lapses of your website

I would not pay such ransom rather I will report to the appropriate authority who would see that business has been recovered to me

If that happens I will look for a possible way to hijack my website back because if you pay them next time they'll still ask for more

Woo this is a serious issues well personally to me I will give the money if I know the money I will get from the site is far greater than the month the person is demanding

Lets say your site was stolen by hackers or someone else. In order to get it back, you had to pay a large sum of money. Would you ever pay them? Or would you phone up the police to maybe sort it out? I think calling the police will be ideal, as well as reporting the site theft to your domain host.

But yeah, don't pay those scammers who steal and expect more in return. That's just messed up.
i will call 911

Well I can say it depends on the sites,if the site is of more value then there is need to get it back ,but for me I don't think involving the police will be a good idea ,just try your best .

I find this funny because for someone to hijack a site I run, then that means the site must mean and worth a lot. Honestly I think I will just report them to the appropriate authorities and see what happens.
The way you put it, there's indeed somethin flattering in someone trying to hijack your site :D
But I would also try to report them, I don't know how good the authorities are at investigating things like this, but it's definitely an act of crime.

The way you put it, there's indeed something flattering in someone trying to hijack your site :D
But I would also try to report them, I don't know how good the authorities are at investigating things like this, but it's an act of crime.
Lol. I guess so, I think these days people just do it to test their friends or acquaintance website, I know some of my friends who do this as a joke. Asides from that I do agree that it is a crime.

Lol. I guess so, I think these days people just do it to test their friends or acquaintance website, I know some of my friends who do this as a joke. Asides from that I do agree that it is a crime.
Indeed, I have also heard of ethical hackers hijacking sites just to shine a light on existing shortcomings in security, but in that case they always communicate with the owner of the site and don't just disappear with their achievement.

That will not happen to me because I will always secure my website, domain registrar and hosting account. I will have two factor authentication on my domain registration and cpanel.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back