What's new

Should you allow users to have forum signatures or no?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I see here on Bizdustry users don't have signatures. I kind of like it this way, since a lot of the time, other forums look crowded with the endless barrage of signatures. I know some users use it to promote their own sites or services, but I think it could take away from discussions if anything. How do you feel about signatures on forums? Do you like users having them? Or do you prefer if they don't use them?

What do you guys think? Should users have user signatures on their profiles? Should they show up for each post?

I have no objection in forum having signature, those that find it of help can use it. Am only strict which type of signature user are been allowed to make use of. E.g signature like irrelevant link and distracting images mostly of large width and height must not be allowed.

Last edited:
I allow users to have signatures on forums. One of the reasons why people post on forums is to promote their links, if you disable this feature, these people will never come to your site. However, I limit how many links users can use in their signatures.

I have no objection in forum having signature, those that find it of help can use it. Am only strict which type of signature user are been allowed to make use of. E.g signature like irrelevant link and distracting images mostly of large width and height must not be allowed.
Yeah I don't allow users to have pictures that are too big. Small banners are fine though.
I allow users to have signatures on forums. One of the reasons why people post on forums is to promote their links, if you disable this feature, these people will never come to your site. However, I limit how many links users can use in their signatures.
It is a great way to promote something. I used to join forums in the past and just post to show my signature as much as possible.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back