What's new

How many different themes should you have for your forum/site?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
If you run a site or forum, how many different theme options do you think is acceptable? I personally think most sites only need a few select themes, basic ones that aren't too frilly or crazy. Essentially a dark mode theme, the basic light theme, a theme for those with issues seeing, and maybe a theme based on a certain color scheme. Or what would be even cooler is if forums allowed users to modify the look to any color/style they want. That'd be pretty cool I think.

I have installed multiple themes on my forums, however, all of these themes were installed during the time of the launch. However, after settling on a theme, I never changed the theme. On my blogs also, after settling with a theme, I am staying with it.

I think if you are going to have more than one, just sticking with a light theme and a dark theme is ideal. You don't want to give people too many options as you would have to also ensure everything works on each theme any time you make changes.

I think keeping it simple with light and dark themes is a great approach. Having these two options caters to a wide range of user preferences. Some people prefer a bright interface, while others find a darker theme easier on the eyes. By offering both, you make your forum or site accessible and enjoyable for a broader audience.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back