What's new

Allow users their own blog on your forum?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I know with some forums, user profiles would have their own little personal blog they can make posts to. I have options like this at most of my forums. I want to be able to have my users interact in this way, especially at my forums because it is extra activity and content to your site.

Do you allow blogs for your users?

I used to but the blogs never got used. Some would post in it but people wouldn't read them much so I removed them.

If people want them, I wouldn't be opposed but I do feel it takes away from the forum.

I used to but the blogs never got used. Some would post in it but people wouldn't read them much so I removed them.

If people want them, I wouldn't be opposed but I do feel it takes away from the forum.
Yeah I notice a lot of people tend to skip out of them. But I think if you produce a good blog section for your users, some may actually use it. From the ones I've used in the past, they were mostly plain, so most people didn't look at them. But I think giving users the tools will see more people do it.

I once had a forum where I also allowed the users to post article. I was running the forum on wordpress and it was easier to switch between forum and blog with the same account. I no longer own that forum. I might implement the same strategy on my existing forums some day.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back