What's new

Service Before Pay or Vice-versa?

Sometimes even on freelancer sites some employers will deny payment and give a lot of excuses. Therefore, you have to work with client who has a lot of positive reviews and ratings. You should never work with a new client even on freelancer platforms.
I have been on some freelance website for more than 4 years now and in all of these sites, there is no way either parties can deny payments or service delivered because everything passes through the freelance site. Payment is made through the site even before you start your work and you can only receive it once you deliver it.

As unpaid of money for work by client will be a great sad for a work practitioner that is how it will be a great sad for client that paid for work but not received the work. This is reason that the agreement will be between them maybe the client should pay a half of agreement amount (50%), then when works done the remain money should be pay.

I have been on some freelance website for more than 4 years now and in all of these sites, there is no way either parties can deny payments or service delivered because everything passes through the freelance site. Payment is made through the site even before you start your work and you can only receive it once you deliver it.
I have also been a lot of freelance markets and I was scammed by employers on two sites, guru and elance (which merged with upwork later). I was new and did not know how to work. I don't know how other freelance site work these days but upwork haa enabled escrow which secures payment.

I have also been a lot of freelance markets and I was scammed by employers on two sites, guru and elance (which merged with upwork later). I was new and did not know how to work. I don't know how other freelance site work these days but upwork haa enabled escrow which secures payment.
Making the first step is the biggest start as a freelancer. It will take time but once you start getting job offers, they will keep coming and you will be the one who will be turning down so job. I can remember my own time when I started, it wasn't easy.

Making the first step is the biggest start as a freelancer. It will take time but once you start getting job offers, they will keep coming and you will be the one who will be turning down so job. I can remember my own time when I started, it wasn't easy.
I joined odesk (upwork was called odesk back then), guru, and elance (it was not yet acquired by upwork) at the same time. Since I was scammed on guru and elance, I left those sites. However, I continued to bid on upwork and was finally accepted on a low paying job. When I got 5 star rating, it helped me get more jobs.

I would have suggested that pay before service is better because of some people with bad intentions but I realize that these people actually cut across both sides. How will someone be expecting a business to render the service or sell the product first before receiving payments? I think both operations should concurrently so as to avoid biased judgment.

I think it depends on the type of work and the type of company you are dealing with for example if you you are a seller then obviously someone need to pay the money before you can hand over the goods to the person you cannot just expect the person to get the product and come back to pay later because you may be at risk of being scamm.

I think service before pay first. That's why before starting any get paid to write service, read the reviews and testimonies from other writers to be sure they are legit and pay for services provided to them.

Considering that both sides will be at risk, it is best for the freelancing sites to step in and make a terms of condition or rules regarding this matter. Both sides should decide on how the payment should be.

We hear sad stories of freelance workers who after performing and finishing a task perfectly do not get paid. While on the other hand, we know of some clients who pay upfront and get disappoint by the outcome of their job.
I think opposite don't pay before services That should be a problem to be solved for the freelancing platform that is gaining series of complaints about unpaid wages after service or after payment. They should find the best answer to tackle this kind rising issues from entangling again. Because it might tarnish their progress by bringing bad names to their platform too.

I have also ready stories about people finishing freelance work but the clients bail on payment. This can be so dissapointing and makes me fear going into freelancing. So as someone who would like to offer freelancing services, I would choose getting paid first. But the client will also have issues on that. I wish there was a way of introducing Escrow here. The money will only leave escrow when the two parties have reached an agreement.

Most of the freelancing websites has a way of making the client deposit funds even before work os done for them. With this, you are confident that once you are done with the job, you will get paid. This act alone has brought confidence in the freelancing world.

We hear sad stories of freelance workers who after performing and finishing a task perfectly do not get paid. While on the other hand, we know of some clients who pay upfront and get disappoint by the outcome of their join

Aside freelancing, it's always pay before service on any job one is engaging on, mostly those on the line of food business as some clients/customers might act smart after service has already been rendered to them, and in such a scenario there is little to nothing one could do to reverse such agreement.
You are right, freelance website are regulated and the third party manages the transaction for the two parties to avoid illegal activities, but aside that I will always prefer payment before service as some clients are very funny

We hear sad stories of freelance workers who after performing and finishing a task perfectly do not get paid. While on the other hand, we know of some clients who pay upfront and get disappoint by the outcome of their job.
Both sides have their consequences. That's why sometimes some people require you deposit some amount of the pay for them to start the work and if the work is done properly, you then give them the remaining pay and think that is the best option.

Service before pay or pay before service are both risky and beneficial to stakeholders and employees. But service before pay is good because all always say work before pay .

This is quite common on most freelancing platforms, this is why freelancers must make sure they work on only credible sites and not just any freelancing platforms. Some freelancing sites have escrow services that requires the client to pay upfront, the freelance then sets milestones on the contract and they pay only when such milestones are completed, this way, nobody gets cheated, I really give it to them.

You are right, freelance website are regulated and the third party manages the transaction for the two parties to avoid illegal activities, but aside that I will always prefer payment before service as some clients are very funny
Absolutely, in any business I find myself venturing into any time in the future, I would always insist on my customers to pay me before service, the only business that one has to render service before payment is those that are doing hand works.

I think that paying before receiving a service is not good business. Dont know that all would agree with me as there are some vendors that sell their services here on WF and else where that you pay first and they produce a great service and on time.

It seems that everyone wants to be paid first then give the service but then guess what happens. Life gets in the way and they have nothing but excuses why they didnt provide on time. Even then they will sometimes provide you with crap.

Considering that both sides will be at risk, it is best for the freelancing sites to step in and make a terms of condition or rules regarding this matter. Should a downpayment be implied to ensure that the transaction is legit, then once the work is finished, the client will settle the remaining amount.

Service before payment or payment before service depends on the type of job or business in question. Most jobs requires an upfront payment either half payment or full payment for the job to be done while some business render their service and gets the fee at the point of delivery. Their have been cases where most services are rendered and at the end of the day they don’t get their full payment or don’t get paid at all. As for me I think I would prefer a 50% upfront or payment on delivery.

I believe that the pay before service or service before pay should be done on agreement, if you trust the freelancer and you know what he/she is capable of you can pay before service. But to me it's all about the good will of the freelancers

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back