What's new

Service Before Pay or Vice-versa?

We hear sad stories of freelance workers who after performing and finishing a task perfectly do not get paid. While on the other hand, we know of some clients who pay upfront and get disappoint by the outcome of their job.
It is sad to think that there really is such a thing. Before entering a job, you should first know its background if it is legitimate, if it really pays those who work for it. Often when you feel that you are desperate and do not have a job, you can easily believe what you see, especially on online platforms that offer work.

We hear sad stories of freelance workers who after performing and finishing a task perfectly do not get paid. While on the other hand, we know of some clients who pay upfront and get disappoint by the outcome of their job.
It's really sad for one to render a service and not get paid and also for one to pay for a service and it's not being rendered. My suggestion is that the both parties should enter an agreement on a certain percentage to be paid before and after the service.

Service before pay or pay before service,one is to be selected based on the manner or the stuff you are dealing with,if it's to get something online you could pay since it's from a trusted site.but other wise then it should be service before pay.

When I am working with independent clients, I always ask for upfront payment, I cannot take the risk. I accept after work payment only when I have worked with the client for a long time. A new freelancer should always work on freelance platform because these platforms provide financial security.
The only thing that can make some one to begin to demand for money before service is the lack of trust.
It is not wrong to request for pay before service but in most cases we can demand for upfront or mobilisation.

Pay before service is the best because of some customers whom are not willing to pay you for your service instead of turn turn you. A year ago when I was into freelancing job, after submitting the work you get your pay immediately but I now heard that is not so anymore that now your pay will delay. That's very bad. Service before pay is not a good ideas now again.

This absolutely depends on the work environment and procedures. There are some jobs that you do and you have to get your pay first before doing the job while in other cases you have to do the job first. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Thank you all for sharing your point of view as regards to service before pay in a business contract with client. And from reading through your comments I have come to understand that an agreement should be reached between every freelance writer and their clients and the agreement should be signed.

If you are a freelancer, better work on a freelancing platform where payment is guaranteed and the client cannot scam you. If you work independently, you are very likely to be scammed. I have seen a lot of people getting scammed.

There are lots of organisations or platforms that will not agree to pay before service, the rather hold on to service before pay,i suggests that before engaging in any platform for earnings, do your findings and make sure you have seen payment proofs.

I think some part payment should be done upfront to avoid issues after the job must have been done,and also the credibility of the site should be accesed.

I think some part payment should be done upfront to avoid issues after the job must have been done,and also the credibility of the site should be accesed.
There is no doubt that it's very important that you would have to make payments for the business products and services that you have in mind to get otherwise you won't get it.

Talking about online business why is it that service before payment, I will really like payment before service, when one is working in freelance you must work with trusted.

Is there anyone who still sell his or her business products and services before getting their money? Personally, I don't really think that I can allow it, it's payment before delivery.

I'll say service before pay especially here online. In online merchants doesn't psy freelancers first, as a client paying, you'll demand for your job to be vlinicly done, before paying out.

I guess both parties will have to agree on that first before anything. If you both agree for payments first before services then stick to it. If the other way round, then stick to the terms. Just be careful who you do business with.

The best part should be to employ the services of someone who has been working for you and you both have been able to establish trust over sometime than going for a total stranger on freelancing platforms.

I think everything we are doing online should be regulated by most of the site that want their job to be done should be using escrow pattern in which the money they want to pay their worker should be in escrow and once the worker deliver the job and the my get their payment instantly tho.

The topics services before pay or vice versa only applies in a different way, there are some aspect where you have to get service before pay like a restaurant, and there are some places where you pay before services like a shopping mall, you have to oay before taking the goods home

Hmm....i wouldn't want a situation like that but anyways what i think i will do is for the clients to pay half before i even start anything then after the clients job is done i will then collect the remaining balance...

Well in my country Nigeria as a result of scams a lot of people are so afraid of paying before getting their services or products that they paid for so they most likely prefer to pay on delivery once they get the product and services.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back