What's new

Service Before Pay or Vice-versa?

Evidently it would depend on the side you are on. If you are the service provider, you would prefer payment before service and if you are the consumer pr customer, you would prefer service before payment. Yes, I know both have their advantages and disadvantages mostly caused by people not delivering up to what they should but I think the normal way it should be is the service before payment.

Paying a fraction of the money to the person rendering the service is ideal, the work man will only hope to get his balance when the job is done. They should signal a memorandum of understanding, so the work-man must sign, that's my contribution.

I've also heard from people who have wasted their time without getting paid, I still think the job should be canceled when it's done. To avoid a bad time for the employee, you should take your time and review the history of payments made by the employer, to verify that the site is legal and then comply with the required guidelines.
I agree with you, taking out time to check out the past payment transaction of this clients with other freelancer is necessary to ensure your payment. It get frustrating after rendering a service and you do not get paid. Hence, confirming your clients past record will help prevent such.

We hear sad stories of freelance workers who after performing and finishing a task perfectly do not get paid. While on the other hand, we know of some clients who pay upfront and get disappoint by the outcome of their job.
All these happens to everyone at some point in time.
We get paid when we render a service to client or customer.
The act of paying before service is as a result of people lack of trust or trust issue.
Upfront, pay before service or service before pay are all in the right track.

It would be better if you can get paid before executing the job because of the controversy in satisfying the client. It does not only apply in freelancing,it also apply to other area like home delivery business where customer reject goods order for at point of delivery.

Aside freelancing, it's always pay before service on any job one is engaging on, mostly those on the line of food business as some clients/customers might act smart after service has already been rendered to them, and in such a scenario there is little to nothing one could do to reverse such agreement.

Service before payment and vice versa work in different ways, service before payment work for normal contractual works and vocations. But payment before service works for business under (buying and selling).

Preferably, the best option is to have a website where you showcase your works so that clients can always refer to the website and drop job for you to do and do make sure there are payment gateways where you can ask them to make payments before their jobs are being done and in this way the only thing they can request for is a review instead of them asking for a Payback so I think this one is better.

This Merchant Service Agreement (“Agreement”) is a legal agreement between FLUTTERWAVE (together with its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns) And You (hereinafter referred to as the Merchant), as a user in order for You to receive certain payment gateway services and other services offered by Flutterwave and or its subsidiaries and affiliates.

Flutterwave and Merchant are herein referred to collectively as “ Parties” and individually as “ Party”, whereas:

1. Flutterwave is an integrated payment and transaction processing company that provides technology integration, advisory products and services, and transaction processing and payment infrastructure to individuals, government and corporate organizations across various sectors and has developed and owns an e-commerce service that authorizes payments for Merchants.
  2. Flutterwave is in collaboration with the acquiring Bank to provide a Payment service gateway to Merchants.
  3. The Merchant is desirous to partner with Flutterwave to use its Payment Gateway to process payment from its customers.
  4. The Parties have agreed to work together in the development and production of certain technical, payment and financing products and have entered into this Agreement for the purpose of documenting their common intention.

In most online freelance job it's usually service before payment as the client have to review the quality of the job done before making payment, and that gives all the power to accept or decline a job done in the hand of the client.

We hear sad stories of freelance workers who after performing and finishing a task perfectly do not get paid. While on the other hand, we know of some clients who pay upfront and get disappoint by the outcome of their job.

If as a client, you can't trust me to do a good job, then there is no need giving me the job in the first place. I prefer pay before service as such is a guarantee of the level of trust the client has in me to do an awesome job. Once a client starts feeling that they can't pay at that condition, I try my best to distance myself from them.

I agree with you, taking out time to check out the past payment transaction of this clients with other freelancer is necessary to ensure your payment. It get frustrating after rendering a service and you do not get paid. Hence, confirming your clients past record will help prevent such.
In my country there is a very successful saying "Paid music does not sound", in general, doing a job is always taken very carefully, it is not charged before but the company or person who is hiring is studied. There is the idea of wanting to charge before (which is not the right thing to do) for this you have to study it carefully and make the decision.

I have also ready stories about people finishing freelance work but the clients bail on payment. This can be so dissapointing and makes me fear going into freelancing. So as someone who would like to offer freelancing services, I would choose getting paid first. But the client will also have issues on that. I wish there was a way of introducing Escrow here. The money will only leave escrow when the two parties have reached an agreement.

there's a solution for everything, you shouldn't hire someone that doesn't have a positive feedback, this way you guarantee that the service you asked for would be nice, based on the positive feedback of that freelancer, also, as a freelancer, to guarantee your rights, you should be legit when working but customers have to pay first

This is a kind of business issues that needs to be solved for the freelancing platform, therefore they also need to be advised to register on a legit freelancing, and payment before service is not a good idea at all.

If you want to get your work done online, first check the job of the person you want to work with. How does he do it? If you like it, pay him first half And when he's done, give him the rest of the money.Some people complete their work but they are not paid. So don't do that at all.

It's sad that the society we live in has made trust an issue but to be on a safe side, companies should collect a certain favorable percentage from buyers to prevent, void deliveries and also provide refund incase the fault comes from the seller and also a customer review option to know the good sellers.

Credit Transactions
‘Buying on credit’ means receiving goods or services straight away and paying for them later. Similarly for ‘selling on credit’: goods or services are sold to a customer, who will pay for them later.
A credit transaction doesn’t require the use of a credit card. This is a how the credit card holder can turn a cash purchase into a credit purchase. For the merchant, the transaction is still treated like a cash sale.
Many stores don’t offer ‘credit terms’ to their customers. They require full payment immediately in cash or using a debit or credit card. If the business does offer credit terms, they will assess each customer and set a credit limit. In other words, how much the customer can buy on credit before payment is required

I think this really depends on who is working and what work is being done. In the part of the world where I live it’s sometimes not advisable to pay before a service is rendered to you especially if the service is centred around manual labour, if it’s not done that way the person who is supposed to work for you will end up not doing the job, but I guess for online jobs it should be different.

I have heard of these situations too. It is just unfair on the part of whoever does this. There is a service available called escrow. If you require a service you pay into it first, then when it is confirmed the payment can be transferred to the one that provided the service. I think this will help curb any act of dishonesty.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back