What's new

Motivating Employees during Change

If you praise your workers too much, they might take advantage. Therefore, you need to establish a professional relationship with your employees. This is in the best interest of the company

One of the factor that employers do look out for when they are doing employment,is the ability to adapt to changes,this is one of the qualities they need to posses while on the job.They have to adjust inline with current realities.

I can remember the company where I work last the boss actually set up a meeting session for us to meet and discuss things that will help to promote the business and it actually worked as a motivation point for us.

To motivate your employees during the time of change, you have to let them understand the reason for the change in business and always appreciate their efforts towards the success of the business.

I remember an organization that was affected by the pandemic last year, the company suffered a big loss and there was no forthcoming deals the owner was in between laying off staffs or using personal funds to continue, sometimes business may take an unexpected turn which is why employers should be prepared for the worst and how to handle people working for him because those people have their own lives, families etc
This is a very pathetic story and if I found myself as a manager in this kind of situation then I will definitely try all within my possible best to be able to at least lay off some staffs so that the business can continue but when the business has picked up I will definitely recall back doors staffs that I laid off.

To promote a sense of inclusion, solicit employee input and engagement. Employees like having their ideas heard and respected, and this inclusion is especially important during times of leadership transition.

Effective leaders can use a number of tactics to keep employees motivated, focused and productive.
Communicate changes as openly and honestly as possible. ...
Address employee questions as openly as you can. ...
Use employee feedback and participation to foster a sense of inclusion. ...
Continue to train and develop employees

It is commonly espected that employees adopt to the current changes in the way their organization wants to do things because you have signed to help build the organization when you joined them and change is one way to do that

It's very important that you keep on motivating your staff especially when there is a serious change because it's what would keep them from never giving up.

Remember that clear two-way communication is essential during times of change to ensure employees remain motivated. Find out what motivates each individual and set about addressing it. improvements, don't shout them out. Instead, help job-holders to find their own ways to improve their work.
This is really good, the first step in motivating someone is communication, and to add to what you said about finding out what motivates them, you should also find out how the recent changes has affected them. I believe this would be very helpful in looking for the right way to motivate them.

Just as the popular saying goes "change is constant" there is nothing you can do about it, it has to happen. So how then do employers handle employees during transitions and changes?.
I think it is all down to choosing the right people in the first place people with the right attitude for the job and I guess it will be easier.
With the right people in place in an organisation I think they will be better suited and prepared to experience any form of change that may have occurred in the organisation and it will be much easier for the owner of the organisation to communicate this changes so this team members.

Motivation is really an important tool for business owners to use to get their business workers to give in their best when things are not going well for their business.

If you praise your workers too much, they might take advantage. Therefore, you need to establish a professional relationship with your employees. This is in the best interest of the company
My take on the praise is that it becomes of no value when you are frequently praising employees. For a manager to be effective he should be giving praises to employees sparingly. When a praise is rare then it would be valuable and would be appreciated by the employee.

During a period of change in any organisation or in your own business enterprise, you don't fire the change down the throat of everybody, you let them into it gradually and give them a food reason to adhere to it

To me personally this both the change and motivation are two strong words ,well when it's comes to change it's inevitable and also motivation just help to get the person involved there.

My take on the praise is that it becomes of no value when you are frequently praising employees. For a manager to be effective he should be giving praises to employees sparingly. When a praise is rare then it would be valuable and would be appreciated by the employee.
You make an interesting point and I cannot agree more. If you praise your workers every time they will not take you seriously. They will even start taking undue advantage.

I remember an organization that was affected by the pandemic last year, the company suffered a big loss and there was no forthcoming deals the owner was in between laying off staffs or using personal funds to continue, sometimes business may take an unexpected turn which is why employers should be prepared for the worst and how to handle people working for him because those people have their own lives, families etc
Actually the job of a business manager to motivate his employees of an organisation during time of change especially when it has to do with negative change in the business or organisation as if a business does not manage it employees well during change the induced employee it may do something bad out of spite for the business.

When there is changes in a business you really need to give your employer full assurance that everything will return back to normal with their own support, they are the business backbone and the most be carried them along.

During a period of change in any organisation or in your own business enterprise, you don't fire the change down the throat of everybody, you let them into it gradually and give them a food reason to adhere to it

I can remember when I was working for one advertising agency, our boss used to arrange our lunch twice in a week as a way of getting us motivated to work harder.

Change is inevitable because everything change in fact change is constant and can happen anytime anywhere, but the best thing we need to learn is how to deals or utilized the change that come to our advantage more especially in business and also learn to appreciate our staff and encouraging them when there is a change.

I think managers at the top level should try to get closer to their employees. This will help them in building a relationship with these staffs and also motivate them better.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back