What's new

Is low pay the issue or the cost of living being too high now?

I think the both of them are the major reason why so many people suffer. When you are paid little amount of money for your work in a business venture and the cost of living is high you'll probably suffer. The cost-of-living can also make high salary and has to suffer also.

I think it is always important and necessary to focus on the one that pays you the highest amount of money. If the offline space pays you more money you should focus more on it.

When the cost of living increases, you must focus more and more on increasing your income. You must control your expenses as well. This is the key to deal with inflation.

When the cost of living increases, you must focus more and more on increasing your income. You must control your expenses as well. This is the key to deal with inflation.
Yeah, controlling your expenditure whenever there is inflation is very important and necessary. It is also important to try as much as possible to create more sources of income in order to fight it.

The pay, or the low pay as people like to called it, is not the reason for high cost of living. The inflation or skyrocketing of the price of goods is the reason. Those in American and other top tier countries are facing much challenges. But those third tier countries that import most of their product from top tier countries are the one suffering most from high cost of living because their own were very low when exchange to top tier currencies.

The low pay is never the issue here but the cost of living that's too high , imagine our father's and their fore fathers are getting small money as income back then and they are living a good life because the cost of living is also low

When the basics need is in high demand, or the price of such basics need is very high, and the level of income you earned is also low, definitely you have to struggle because your income won't be able to satisfy your needs.

Both the issue of low salaries and the high cost of living need to be addressed. Although raising the minimum wage can help bridge the living wage gap, in some places it might not be sufficient to pay for the necessities of life. Governments can also help their population manage growing costs by freezing rent, offering direct payments, and offering incentives for energy.

Personally I think both low pay and the cost of living getting high, workes together.

The low payment, is what will determine if the cost of living is higher or not.

The low pay is never the issue here but the cost of living that's too high , imagine our father's and their fore fathers are getting small money as income back then and they are living a good life because the cost of living is also low
Things were much better before because the cost of living was very low. That was also the case in some certain countries. Inflation in so many countries has actually made money almost useless.

I think low level of income is one of the primary reasons why alot of people will complain about the high cost of living because I believe if they are earning enough, it will be very difficult to complain of hardship of the society.

The low pay and the cost of living are the major problem people are facing nowadays , when the money you are paying is not sufficient for your need and the price of product is getting higher daily .

Obviously, it is the cost of living that is the issue. When the cost of essentials is on the rise, it becomes very difficult for the common man to survive. The rate at which the cost of living is increasing is way far more than the rate at which we get our pay hike.

There has to be a proper balance. If cost of living in your city is high, your salary or monthly income should be high enough to meet all the necessities at least. If cost of living is low, you can manage with the lower income. We can't blame just one of the two. Either it has to both or none.

Honestly I think it's a bit of both. As the cost of living continues to rise, the minimum wage is staying the same for most states, which causes issues for those who work minimum wage jobs. Sure these people could try and get a higher paying job, but depending on where they live they may only have access to minimum wage jobs. If they try to go back to school to get a career, they have to spend money which they most likely don't even have. I'm lucky enough that I don't work a minimum wage job and where I live there's factories nearby which I work at one of them. The work isn't even that hard either, which is a plus!

The issue often depends on where you live. In some places, low pay is the main problem because it's hard to cover basic expenses. In other areas, even with higher pay, the cost of living is so high that it's still a challenge to make ends meet. So, it can vary, but both low pay and high living costs are significant concerns for many people in different parts of the world.

In the US, back in the 50's, the average worker was making about $1 an hour as minimum wage. They were able to buy a new car and new home on this money as the average new car was around $4,000 and a new house was about $12,000. If we took the numbers and contrasted them evenly today, the average income would be about $10 an hour - a new car would cost $40,000 - a new house would cost $100,000.

So we can see that there are cars you can buy new for $40,000 and even less. I have seen some as low as $18k brand new but houses? The average cost of a home in America is $400,000!! That is 4 times the amount it should cost.

I feel like the pay is not the issue, it is whatever they did to mess this up so badly. People should be able to afford to buy a home still and most can't, even those earning three times the average.

Inflation is making a mess of the whole thing. Any country that is able to tackle the impact of Inflation in the economy will definitely go far as the people can be able to buy more with the avaliable money that they have. So, once Inflation has been handled, we should see key changes happen in terms of standard of living.

There has to be a proper balance. If cost of living in your city is high, your salary or monthly income should be high enough to meet all the necessities at least. If cost of living is low, you can manage with the lower income. We can't blame just one of the two. Either it has to both or none.

Unfortunately, this is something that is not a reality in my country today because inflation is making everything to become very costly but when you look at what people are still being paid, none of their salary have been increased in order to meet up with the constant increase in the prices of everything. This is making it very difficult for people to survive in my country.

Unfortunately, this is something that is not a reality in my country today because inflation is making everything to become very costly but when you look at what people are still being paid, none of their salary have been increased in order to meet up with the constant increase in the prices of everything. This is making it very difficult for people to survive in my country.
That's so sad! I hope the government realizes it soon and takes the necessary steps to fix it. What if during elections, people choose someone who can really make things better?

That's so sad! I hope the government realizes it soon and takes the necessary steps to fix it. What if during elections, people choose someone who can really make things better?

Unfortunately, the government of my country is not interested in what is going to be beneficial to the people which is the reason why they are not doing anything to fix this problem. We recently conducted our presidential election and the election was rigged in favour of a former known drug lord who bribed almost all the bodies that are involved in the electoral process just to make sure that he was given the presidency.

Unfortunately, the government of my country is not interested in what is going to be beneficial to the people which is the reason why they are not doing anything to fix this problem. We recently conducted our presidential election and the election was rigged in favour of a former known drug lord who bribed almost all the bodies that are involved in the electoral process just to make sure that he was given the presidency.
It's best to migrate to a better place then. I'm guessing people have already started moving to better places.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back