What's new

Is low pay the issue or the cost of living being too high now?

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
In the US, back in the 50's, the average worker was making about $1 an hour as minimum wage. They were able to buy a new car and new home on this money as the average new car was around $4,000 and a new house was about $12,000. If we took the numbers and contrasted them evenly today, the average income would be about $10 an hour - a new car would cost $40,000 - a new house would cost $100,000.

So we can see that there are cars you can buy new for $40,000 and even less. I have seen some as low as $18k brand new but houses? The average cost of a home in America is $400,000!! That is 4 times the amount it should cost.

I feel like the pay is not the issue, it is whatever they did to mess this up so badly. People should be able to afford to buy a home still and most can't, even those earning three times the average.

Cost of living spoils everything because no amount of money could sustain or cater for someone's responsibility. A business that pays high amount needs to be given accolade because it will affect its business on reserves side. Therefore there is need to reduce the cost of living considerably.

In the US, back in the 50's, the average worker was making about $1 an hour as minimum wage. They were able to buy a new car and new home on this money as the average new car was around $4,000 and a new house was about $12,000. If we took the numbers and contrasted them evenly today, the average income would be about $10 an hour - a new car would cost $40,000 - a new house would cost $100,000.

So we can see that there are cars you can buy new for $40,000 and even less. I have seen some as low as $18k brand new but houses? The average cost of a home in America is $400,000!! That is 4 times the amount it should cost.

I feel like the pay is not the issue, it is whatever they did to mess this up so badly. People should be able to afford to buy a home still and most can't, even those earning three times the average.
I believe the reason why this is happening as a result of the fact that there is high rate of inflation in almost all countries and is growing everyday because of the high populations of people coming into the earth. Unfortunately this will continue growing

Inflation has messed up the financial system worldwide and it seems that we aren't yet willing to accept and act on the changes to reverse it. The pay is also lower and we have more expensive lifestyles than people had in the past.

Because of overpopulation of people around the world , things are becoming more expensive than normal. That is the reason a lot of people are complaining that their salary is too low compared to the high standard of living.

I dont think its the issue of low pay rather what I think its the country economic if that country economic is not good enough seriously there will be an issue with item cost so I think that goverment need to work on their country economic if they want things to become easy

To be honest with you right now I think the both are the issue and that's why it's very difficult to make ends meet right now. Right now, there are still people earning less than fifty dollars in a month without question.
Technology is the main course of high cost of leaving,the more the gets digital the more cost of leaving becomes expensive. Comparing the olden days cost of living where digitalization is less and the present you will agree with me.

Personally I think both low payment and high cost of living are closely working together because when there is high payment, people will not complain of high cost of living in the society because they earned much.

The global inflation caused by the novel Corona virus and the international chaos has increased the cost of living in almost everywhere in the world. It would definitely be possible to beat that by personally having multiple streams of income.

Technology is the main course of high cost of leaving,the more the gets digital the more cost of leaving becomes expensive. Comparing the olden days cost of living where digitalization is less and the present you will agree with me.
I think you're right about this but the thing is that no one would mandate you to use the most recent technology as you can always do your thing the old fashioned way.

The issue that is affecting things more is the high cost of living. For someone who just gets promoted, one will see that due to the high cost of living cannot purchase up to what they could have purchased with less that same amount few years ago.

The low pay is not entirely the issue because their would always be discripancies between the pay and cost of living. The important thing is for create multiple streams of income.

The cost of living depends on the payment individuals got from their work place. when you earned high or good you will definitely have a good standard of living.

The low pay is not entirely the issue because their would always be discripancies between the pay and cost of living. The important thing is for create multiple streams of income.
Creating and managing different sources of income these days let alone being successful in all or at least most of them is very difficult. The both conditions listed should be worked on.

Personally I think low pay is the major reason behind low standard of living or high cost of living because if people are getting what they really expect from their labour then no one will complain.

The cost of living is high. So much so that we do not get to see things work out easily for us , despite having high amount of earnings

Big money, but can only buy small things.

I'll say it's the cost of living that has skyrocketed beyond normal. Sometimes you wonder if this is the same system that people were comfortable earning lesser amounts back then.

The standard of living has escalated to such an extent that people who are even well-to-do are complaining bitterly. This attests to the fact that while the remuneration may be respectable, the inflation rates have made goods and services exorbitant in prices

The cost of living is very high and as a result the payments that most people are receiving at the end of the month is not always enough for their up keeping, That is why people are complaining that the payment is low.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back