What's new

Is low pay the issue or the cost of living being too high now?

Presently things have become very difficult here. But at the same time I believe it is as a result of the fact that things are becoming very difficult that is why the salary we are getting is not taking us anymore. The price of products is increasing everyday.

Well it is true that nothing has happened and it is becoming worse everyday. It is not easy for one to stay in a place where the cost of living is more than his earning, that will make he or she to become a beggar.
Yeah, if you stay in a place where the cost of things are hard you actually need to double or triple your sources of income. It is true that you must try as much as possible to have more sources of income if not you will become a beggar.

Well it is true that nothing has happened and it is becoming worse everyday. It is not easy for one to stay in a place where the cost of living is more than his earning, that will make he or she to become a beggar.

This is actually one of the reasons why a lot of people are now into working more than two or even three jobs so that they will be able to have the opportunity of making more money to meet up with their responsibilities.

In the US, back in the 50's, the average worker was making about $1 an hour as minimum wage. They were able to buy a new car and new home on this money as the average new car was around $4,000 and a new house was about $12,000. If we took the numbers and contrasted them evenly today, the average income would be about $10 an hour - a new car would cost $40,000 - a new house would cost $100,000.

So we can see that there are cars you can buy new for $40,000 and even less. I have seen some as low as $18k brand new but houses? The average cost of a home in America is $400,000!! That is 4 times the amount it should cost.

I feel like the pay is not the issue, it is whatever they did to mess this up so badly. People should be able to afford to buy a home still and most can't, even those earning three times the average.
Of course, there has been a lot of increase in inflation, but if you are a common laborer, then it becomes very difficult for you to survive because your income is very less and the expenses are very high.It has become impossible for a common man to buy a car and a house.

There is the issue of low pay and extremely high costs of living especially in our country Nigeria. At this point in time, people are really finding it difficult to make ends meet. Everything happening at the same time.

It is a combination of the both factors. With the cost of living being really high, the pay is nothing because the value of it is reduced with the inflation. I think the pay has to be raised to meet with the cost of living.

I think the major reason the government is involved in such thing is that there are no patriotic people in government. if the government itself is patriotic they will try as much as possible to stop any form of corruption.

The people themselves should be patriotic. Unfortunately, there are not many patriotic people nowadays. This is due to the fact that many people in my country may simply not prefer country over themselves.

There is the issue of low pay and extremely high costs of living especially in our country Nigeria. At this point in time, people are really finding it difficult to make ends meet. Everything happening at the same time.

Seriously, I believe that this is a very big challenge for almost everyone in my country Nigeria because everything is so out of hand in this place that the government doesn't even care to help out so that the citizens will have something to fall back on in all these difficulties.

The people themselves should be patriotic. Unfortunately, there are not many patriotic people nowadays. This is due to the fact that many people in my country may simply not prefer country over themselves.
it actually exists in so many countries especially among the ruling class. They always put their personal interest first over the affairs of the nation which is bad.

it actually exists in so many countries especially among the ruling class. They always put their personal interest first over the affairs of the nation which is bad.

This is something that is very common for the government of my country because they are always selfish about anything that they are doing in the country especially with their policies and they don't care about whatever challenges the people are facing.

This is something that is very common for the government of my country because they are always selfish about anything that they are doing in the country especially with their policies and they don't care about whatever challenges the people are facing.
that is how it is is how many countries of the world and that is very bad. When the leaders put their own personal interest first the country will find it very difficult to move forward.

This is actually one of the reasons why a lot of people are now into working more than two or even three jobs so that they will be able to have the opportunity of making more money to meet up with their responsibilities.

There are many people who have online jobs and offline jobs as well. However, they have a really hard time managing both the things. I have also faced the same problem as well.

There are many people who have online jobs and offline jobs as well. However, they have a really hard time managing both the things. I have also faced the same problem as well.

This is an experience most people have in our society today and it's part of the reason why some of them have checked the one that pays them very well and focus more attention on that aspect of the job because it is more convenient for them.

This is an experience most people have in our society today and it's part of the reason why some of them have checked the one that pays them very well and focus more attention on that aspect of the job because it is more convenient for them.
I think it is always important and necessary to focus on the one that pays you the highest amount of money. If the offline space pays you more money you should focus more on it.

I think it is always important and necessary to focus on the one that pays you the highest amount of money. If the offline space pays you more money you should focus more on it.

It is actually why I have not been able to make working online my full-time job because my offline business of fish farming and poultry farming is actually paying me a decent amount of money which I am not willing to let go easily because it is convenient for me to work online.

It is actually why I have not been able to make working online my full-time job because my offline business of fish farming and poultry farming is actually paying me a decent amount of money which I am not willing to let go easily because it is convenient for me to work online.
fish farming is something I wish to go into very soon but I am still gathering the necessary fund. I have a friend who is into fish farming and poultry farming and he makes a decent amount of money from it. He doesn't do any kind of online job.

fish farming is something I wish to go into very soon but I am still gathering the necessary fund. I have a friend who is into fish farming and poultry farming and he makes a decent amount of money from it. He doesn't do any kind of online job.

If your poultry and fish farming is something that is very big, it is going to be very difficult for you to manage them on daily basis and still have the energy to still get into working online and trying to make money from other freelancing projects.

Cost of living is very high ,expecially here in Nigeria things are very expensive as a result of this, are low income can not even feed are bills, expecially sense the out broke of coronavirus pandemic, people have lost there job .
I think both of them are the problem, not just cost of living allow, because if you are being paid a good money ,you can get some few things in the market compared to when you earn low.

Last edited:
Both low pay and the high cost of living is the major problem of people out there , though the cost of living being too high has been affecting the citizen , getting low payment doesn't really affect much .

Well it depends on the situation.
sometimes we consider the low pay as the primary reasons for the high cost of living.

Alot of people are experiencing such hardships simply because their earnings can meet up with their demand.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back