What's new

Is low pay the issue or the cost of living being too high now?

The cost of living is high. So much so that we do not get to see things work out easily for us , despite having high amount of earnings

Big money, but can only buy small things.
You're right about this actually but I think we are having the problem of high cost of living here and also low pay. There's inflation in the world right now and yet instead of increasing people's pay, they are actually reducing them.

Both being low payed and the high cost of living is the main problem of the society , at least if the salary of workers keeps increasing as the cost of living is rising, there won't be any issue with the workers .

It's definitely a mixture of both low pay and high cost of living that is causing the issues we are seeing all around the world right now. I know in some places we are seeing an increase in pay and in the UK it will be happening in April where wages and things will increase but that is not going to make a difference if we end up seeing food prices, energy prices, and any other prices then going up as well, meaning we will be earning more but things will be costing more and we will not see much of a difference.

Low and cost of living getting higher are both the issue. I believe if you live in a country that the cost of living is low then you can be able to manage even in the money you are been paid is not much. but if the cost of living is high and you are been paid little amount of money you cannot be able to manage at all.

It is very crucial to earn good employment that will give you reasonable pay.
When you have a reasonable salary to collect at the end of the month , it will definitely enhance your lifestyle.

I think low pay rates and high cost of living are two major contributors to poverty in the world. Despite working for 10-12 hours in a day people are not being able to earn a decent living because commodities are high priced

It seems that as time goes by, the cost of living just rises. The economy undergoes inflation and there are bad government leadership that focuses on corruption more than growth.

Low pay isn't the issue, the cost of living is just so high. Back in time people could afford to leave a comfortable life even with low pay but now, average salary earners can't even afford a comfortable life.

The two are actually the problem here, when the cost of living goes up and your salary remains the same, things would definitely become harder. When you are having a high paying job and the cost of living goes up, things would end up becoming hard.

It seems that as time goes by, the cost of living just rises. The economy undergoes inflation and there are bad government leadership that focuses on corruption more than growth.
This is a global problem right now but it is more predominant in Africa where their leaders are self-centered and they would always take advantage of every situation to enrich themselves.

Low and cost of living getting higher are both the issue. I believe if you live in a country that the cost of living is low then you can be able to manage even in the money you are been paid is not much. but if the cost of living is high and you are been paid little amount of money you cannot be able to manage at all.

Yes, I think that both of them are issues faced by many people, especially in countries where the economy is in huge trouble. Salaried people suffer so much as well because their salaries do not increase at all when the inflation increases.

Yes, I think that both of them are issues faced by many people, especially in countries where the economy is in huge trouble. Salaried people suffer so much as well because their salaries do not increase at all when the inflation increases.
people are those who usually suffer the most if there is any economic problem in a particular country. it is actually one of the major reasons I prefer starting my own business even though some busineses may also be in trouble.

The cost of living is very high and as a result the pay must be increased. Most organisations or business enterprise are not willing to accept This.
Due to high cost of living there should be increased in the pay of every worker.

One of the things I have observed about the issue of economy, inflation is oe mai cause of these,one thing that will make people spend less,is if the government improve in its industrialisation drive,because this will help fight inflation that curses things to go up.if they are an importing nation.

The cost of living is very high and as a result the pay must be increased. Most organisations or business enterprise are not willing to accept This.
Due to high cost of living there should be increased in the pay of every worker.
Probably, the only way to balance the cost of living is increasing the pay in which people receive. If not things may be getting harder on daily basis and a lot of people will find it very difficult to cope.

In my own opinion , there's nothing wrong with the salary scheme of the workers out there but the main issue is the cost of living that keeps increasing higher everyday which renders the salary scheme usesless .

In my own opinion , there's nothing wrong with the salary scheme of the workers out there but the main issue is the cost of living that keeps increasing higher everyday which renders the salary scheme usesless .
I agree with you but not totally. the cost-of-living will actually make a big salary to look ordinary but at the same time there are people that are really paid low amount of money in their workplaces. So both low salary and cost-of-living contributes to the issue.

Back in the days , our fore fathers are earning little amount of money to what we are earning today and they are living fine and doing better thing in life with it , the issue here is that the cost of living is too high and that's why we thinks its the amount we are earning .
If salary is being increased today , the cost of goods in the market will also increase which will make the money we are earning useless .

In the US, back in the 50's, the average worker was making about $1 an hour as minimum wage. They were able to buy a new car and new home on this money as the average new car was around $4,000 and a new house was about $12,000. If we took the numbers and contrasted them evenly today, the average income would be about $10 an hour - a new car would cost $40,000 - a new house would cost $100,000.

So we can see that there are cars you can buy new for $40,000 and even less. I have seen some as low as $18k brand new but houses? The average cost of a home in America is $400,000!! That is 4 times the amount it should cost.

I feel like the pay is not the issue, it is whatever they did to mess this up so badly. People should be able to afford to buy a home still and most can't, even those earning three times the average.
No payments is one of the issue but the major issue is that there is recession and a lot of countries are finding it hard to make money or the Citizens are finding it hard to make ends meet

The cost of living is increasing each day so there is new increase of prices each day. The increase of salary is once a year means when your salary increases for 1 year old experience you will face that money does not longer serve you then you could be surprised that month doesn't end and you run out of funds. Employers refuses increase of salary each 2 months to compensate difference.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back