What's new

Ever been a co-boss for a business?

Yes I have, but it was for a really short period of time. I discovered you would need to have some level of patience in order to handle some level of staffs.

I would have love to talk much but I've nevr been one so when tge time is right I will love to give my own inside in this

This is why it is very important that business partners come to a agreement before you embark on a business so as to know how to face challenges together.

You had a very good experience in partnership. Partnership is a very good business initiative, which should be that the players in the partnership should complement each other in pulling resources, skills, goodwill together. But most partnership has been fraught with disagreement, rancour which eventually lead to partners parting ways.

I was in a co-partmership business with a friend during my secondary school days. But the misconception we encountered made is separate and since then, I never considered going into partnership business again.

I don't think I've been a co boss and I don't fancy that because of personal differences. There will always be problems because of conflicting of interest. I've been a deputy under someone.

I and my friend(an engineer) co-founded a plastic recycling business which operates with manual machines, my colleague functioned as the "chief technology officer". I made use of my initiative and we were able to get an office through another friend of mine. My partner was putting personal interests ahead of the farm and the soft loan which I personally sourced for from family and friends became a personal debt when the firm collapse. I will be very careful and hesitant to go into partnership again, no matter what I stand to gain.
Sorry about that,these are part of the experience you got to face in the business rerrian when it come to the issue of parnership.but you should not just have a total blackout when it comes to do with partnership later on in future,we need it for growth and expansion in certain level of the business,but we need to be very discrete and do a proper agreement with the partner.

Personally I'm not really comfortable with being a cool box with any kind of business because it's more like going into partnership which is something that I have vowed not to get into again because of my last experience.

This experience will serve you in the future, as it leaves teaching and learning. Many times we do not think about the negative aspects of entrepreneurship, and we must not fail to evaluate and take the necessary measures. The next time you take such a decision you should try to leave everything in writing and endorsed by lawyers.
I've never been a coupons for any business before but it will be cool though if I am a cool bars in a company I will really share my ideas with the company.

I've never been a coupons for any business before but it will be cool though if I am a cool bars in a company I will really share my ideas with the company.
Being a co-director of a company is an enjoyable experience because the practical lessons you gain in this role are priceless. It is also a way to prove to yourself that you can go far if you put your mind to it, as you can contribute ideas for improvements to the company, even make decisions about how to improve it.

I have run such a joint venture though and really feel it won't last much if the both of you are bringing same thing to the table - pride begins to come in and one person wants to be the sole controller of things

I never was a co-boss for a business, but sounds great. If i have the opportunity i will do it.
The only one business I have ever been a co-boss is the bakery business i started with my wife and i had to leave the business for her because she's always boosing me the co-boss.

I think I have never really been in this kind of situation but people that have been into it will definitely learn a lot of things and it will help them to run their own personal business.

So, this is a relatively short story about my time being a co-boss/co-business owner back in the early 2000s, around 2003 or so. A friend of mine always wanted to start a movie rental store, so, we went in on one by renting out a shop near us. We cleaned it up, fixed it up, and started a shop. It costed us a lot of money, but we got inventory from a couple closed video stores. Yes, ironic, I know.

Anyway, we opened up, and had some interest early on, as we were in a highly populated area that didn't have a close video rental store yet. But, gradually we realized movies would start to be released digitally and we knew the time was numbered. Plus, it didn't help there was a family video that came a few years after us and kind of pushed us out of there.

But yeah, we rushed into a niche business that was dying slow at the time, but we didn't think it would be so far. But yeah, our time working together was great, but closing down was a pain. He didn't want to close for the longest time. We closed in 2012 actually. So we lasted very long. At that time I believe streaming was taking over. Everyone started to just go to family video, as they happened to be a lot closer to more of the community and they would always price match our prices or even go lower sometimes. We would do the same, but it didn't matter.

My friend was a bit mad about us closing shop, but it had to be done, and he knew it. We ended with a going out of sale deal, where we were selling blu-rays,DVDs,games, and even posters. We'd sell everything dirt cheap. I grabbed every movie/game/poster I wanted for my collection. I think Family Video is still around too. It survived Redbox.
I guess you could say I was a co-boss.... maybe more like a partner.
My dad was the boss, but I set the pay rate, only because I was doing the work, and he was finding the clients, through his store.
Some of his friends (who happened to own other stores) needed very large signs made to post on their buildings. Whenever they had any kind of clearance sale, or new items, but because they were temporary signs, they didn’t want the words to be painted on the actual buildings.
So I would charge accordingly, per letter, and size. I was using the garage as my workspace and using stencils with pencils (that rhymed!) and then my dad would supply me with all the necessary paints and different sized brushes right from his store to paint in the letters.
The signs were big and beautiful.
The biggest one I ever got (in this string of painting gigs) came from one of my dad’s customers. I painted an entire speed boat! Gorgeous blue and white striping and then he wanted the bottom glossy apple-red. ✨🍎
Earned $450 for that
🙂

I haven't been a co boss with someone in a business and one of the major reason why I didn't do this is just because of the problem that comes with partnership most Especially in finance

The problem with partnership is conflicts in interests an opinion. Before going into a joint business you should make sure that your partner has a similar goal to yours, to reduce conflicts. To answer your question, no I've never done it.

The problem with partnership is conflicts in interests an opinion. Before going into a joint business you should make sure that your partner has a similar goal to yours, to reduce conflicts. To answer your question, no I've never done it.
My brother went into a partnership that the business lasted for 7 or 8 years. It was doing great with their importation of special steel from Japan. But when there was a heated argument with his partner he decided to end the partnership by dissolving the business and dividing the assets.

This experience will serve you in the future, as it leaves teaching and learning. Many times we do not think about the negative aspects of entrepreneurship, and we must not fail to evaluate and take the necessary measures. The next time you take such a decision you should try to leave everything in writing and endorsed by lawyers.
I have never been a co-boss for any business hours before all I have been doing is being boss of my own or work under people that I have never been a co- boss

I have never been a co-boss for any business hours before all I have been doing is being boss of my own or work under people that I have never been a co- boss
It's good that you have worked as your own boss, but it doesn't hurt to analyze and learn. This is in case you ever have the opportunity to be a co-boss, you already have the necessary knowledge.

Being a co-boss is not really my thing. I love to go solo in when it comes to business management. I never for once liked to partner with anybody in business because disagreement will always arises in profit sharing ratio.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back