What's new

Ever been a co-boss for a business?

when this boss was in business school he assumed that. The boss had three stories to tell me. Careful, scientific, professional testing service that the boss had ever seen.

Believe me that if you are more than one that is bossing a business, it is much easier because responsibly is shared. Also with decision making, thinking and also share in loss.

I will call this a lesson for the future, running a partnership business with someone needs a legal agreement even if it is with a family member.

That's such an experience you've had. I have not been a co boss with anyone but I won't mind giving it a trial. It has several benefit

Concerning your topic in the above post on being a co-boss in a business venture with someone else, I have to say that from your story you have definitely leant a great deal of experience for future endeavors and would be helpful

I used to be so scared of starting a business back then due to fear of failure and that made me to go into a partnership . while it gave me values experience, the person was not someone that was transparent.

That is a very good experience to share with other very interesting on this platform. I personally have not engage in partnership business operating with others. but I expect to be one engaging if I have the opportunity with this great experience share on this platform.

No, I haven't been a co-boss but I have helped someone run a business while he was away infact it got to a time the owner stopped asking me to send daily reports but I left after a while because the renumeration was not encouraging.
being a boss in a business is very challenging because a leadership role sometimes the man should sacrifice yes I have been co-boss in the business and it was challenging but at the end we made success.

being a boss in a business is very challenging because a leadership role sometimes the man should sacrifice yes I have been co-boss in the business and it was challenging but at the end we made success.
Could you mention some of the challenges you passed through, I would like to learn from them so as to have an experience to expect when I have to lead.

Not really but I've an assistant to the boss, and since it was a small business you could say I was the co boss because when the boss isn't around I'm the go to guy who makes the decision so if that counts I guess I was a co boss too indeed lol

I have set up a partnership business before with my cousin. We went into importing and selling of phone and electronic assesories but he was not trustworthy.

So, this is a relatively short story about my time being a co-boss/co-business owner back in the early 2000s, around 2003 or so. A friend of mine always wanted to start a movie rental store, so, we went in on one by renting out a shop near us. We cleaned it up, fixed it up, and started a shop. It costed us a lot of money, but we got inventory from a couple closed video stores. Yes, ironic, I know.

Anyway, we opened up, and had some interest early on, as we were in a highly populated area that didn't have a close video rental store yet. But, gradually we realized movies would start to be released digitally and we knew the time was numbered. Plus, it didn't help there was a family video that came a few years after us and kind of pushed us out of there.

But yeah, we rushed into a niche business that was dying slow at the time, but we didn't think it would be so far. But yeah, our time working together was great, but closing down was a pain. He didn't want to close for the longest time. We closed in 2012 actually. So we lasted very long. At that time I believe streaming was taking over. Everyone started to just go to family video, as they happened to be a lot closer to more of the community and they would always price match our prices or even go lower sometimes. We would do the same, but it didn't matter.

My friend was a bit mad about us closing shop, but it had to be done, and he knew it. We ended with a going out of sale deal, where we were selling blu-rays,DVDs,games, and even posters. We'd sell everything dirt cheap. I grabbed every movie/game/poster I wanted for my collection. I think Family Video is still around too. It survived Redbox.
Well, i one did, but that was with my own blood sister, although everything was going fine not until the finance to take care of the business was not coming which let to the crumbling if the business.

I never was a co-boss for a business, but sounds great. If i have the opportunity i will do it.
I would definitely prefer to be a boss on my own having my own business than being a co-boss in a business because there are definitely better benefits accrued to you having your own business than you sharing a business with someone else.

I have had a lot of businesses in the past that I started with partners but I could not succeed. My failure was not a result of conflict with the co-owners, though.

Being a co boss can be challenging because you are not the really boss,work load will be on you and at the same time you can't take decision with informing the other.

Back then in school i was a co boss with one of my lecturers, though it was not actually a business in that sense, it was more of a contract. It was a nice experience though very demanding.

I personally have never done or engage in any business that has to be run by myself and a copartner as that wasn't my style of thing for business. I was never one that fancied partnerships type business that's why

I have never had that opportunity of been a co-boss in a business, but i think it will be of great help because it give you opportunity to learn from from experience people.

I would never want to be a co-boss of a business because business is something which I consider as a personal thing. Being a co-boss means that you would have to allow someone else to interfere in your financial matters and even give commands to your employees. I am sure not every one would like this. :)

I have never been a co-boss for a business business before but my uncle did and the experience wasn't a good one for him. His partner kept spending the profits and working capital of the business without his consent.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back