What's new

Ever been a co-boss for a business?

So, this is a relatively short story about my time being a co-boss/co-business owner back in the early 2000s, around 2003 or so. A friend of mine always wanted to start a movie rental store, so, we went in on one by renting out a shop near us. We cleaned it up, fixed it up, and started a shop. It costed us a lot of money, but we got inventory from a couple closed video stores. Yes, ironic, I know.

Anyway, we opened up, and had some interest early on, as we were in a highly populated area that didn't have a close video rental store yet. But, gradually we realized movies would start to be released digitally and we knew the time was numbered. Plus, it didn't help there was a family video that came a few years after us and kind of pushed us out of there.

But yeah, we rushed into a niche business that was dying slow at the time, but we didn't think it would be so far. But yeah, our time working together was great, but closing down was a pain. He didn't want to close for the longest time. We closed in 2012 actually. So we lasted very long. At that time I believe streaming was taking over. Everyone started to just go to family video, as they happened to be a lot closer to more of the community and they would always price match our prices or even go lower sometimes. We would do the same, but it didn't matter.

My friend was a bit mad about us closing shop, but it had to be done, and he knew it. We ended with a going out of sale deal, where we were selling blu-rays,DVDs,games, and even posters. We'd sell everything dirt cheap. I grabbed every movie/game/poster I wanted for my collection. I think Family Video is still around too. It survived Redbox.
I have personally ran a poultry business with a friend. We had it set up more like a partnership sort of thing where we both invested a very certain amount of money in the day to day running of the poultry business till the birds are mature for slaughter. We sold them and shared our profits.

A co-boss in a business can be a partnership business. You both will have to make decisions together, but I have never bee a co-boss in any business before because I have my own business

So, this is a relatively short story about my time being a co-boss/co-business owner back in the early 2000s, around 2003 or so. A friend of mine always wanted to start a movie rental store, so, we went in on one by renting out a shop near us. We cleaned it up, fixed it up, and started a shop. It costed us a lot of money, but we got inventory from a couple closed video stores. Yes, ironic, I know.

Anyway, we opened up, and had some interest early on, as we were in a highly populated area that didn't have a close video rental store yet. But, gradually we realized movies would start to be released digitally and we knew the time was numbered. Plus, it didn't help there was a family video that came a few years after us and kind of pushed us out of there.

But yeah, we rushed into a niche business that was dying slow at the time, but we didn't think it would be so far. But yeah, our time working together was great, but closing down was a pain. He didn't want to close for the longest time. We closed in 2012 actually. So we lasted very long. At that time I believe streaming was taking over. Everyone started to just go to family video, as they happened to be a lot closer to more of the community and they would always price match our prices or even go lower sometimes. We would do the same, but it didn't matter.

My friend was a bit mad about us closing shop, but it had to be done, and he knew it. We ended with a going out of sale deal, where we were selling blu-rays,DVDs,games, and even posters. We'd sell everything dirt cheap. I grabbed every movie/game/poster I wanted for my collection. I think Family Video is still around too. It survived Redbox.
No, I have not been a co boss before, that will be in a form of partnership with business owner, only employed as a staff where I have worked.

As an employee you have fewer chances to get promoted to more lucrative positions. Pay raises are usually infrequent, and when they do occur, they are typically minor. As a self-employed person, on the other hand, your earning potential is only limited by your own determination and ability.

I think having a co owner to business is actually very cute that's if you have a very understanding partner that way you'll be able to bring ideas together on a picture set up a good business. Your experience is actually very good I did last long

The little privilege we enjoy in the absence of our main boss, taking charge of the business,I must say it's not easy, especially when you have to counsel decisions.

I cant sat I have ever been a co boss in a business, but I have helped run a business as a boss before now in time past. I wonder how the experience will be

You did last long and I am sure you had the experience of running a business even if you ended up shutting down. I have only had the experience of very small business run while in school because students were the customers and had to stop when school was over.
Same with me when i opened a barbing saloon business student were the one that was demanding for my service and due to congestation i had to stop because it was affecting my studies

Same with me when i opened a barbing saloon business student were the one that was demanding for my service and due to congestation i had to stop because it was affecting my studies
Yeah! Being able to start a business while in school is quite bold and the experience do come in handy down the line after graduation. Honestly, school is the best place to make easy customers and money.

Your experience its emotional indeed. I believe you both earned some cash before the long partnership business came to a halt?? Its good to always find a business to venture in, that has long term benefits, which can't fade on time.

No, I haven't and I wouldn't like to be a co-boss because such partnership may not end well which will be a huge blow to the business.

Yeah! Being able to start a business while in school is quite bold and the experience do come in handy down the line after graduation. Honestly, school is the best place to make easy customers and money.
Its the best place to make free money only that some people dont just understand about it and find a better business strategy to start in school and earn money

I have never been a co-boss for a business before and I can't stop but wonder how will the two boss cope when they have different mindset and agenda, but it will be great if they have the same vision and goal.

I have never been a co-boss for a business before and I can't stop but wonder how will the two boss cope when they have different mindset and agenda, but it will be great if they have the same vision and goal.
There would probably be a lot of disagreements but when they have an aligned goal, they would definitely arrive at the same conclusion. However, most times, co-bosses are usually best of friends.

i am assuming that you would have made money from your venture. Well, I have been a co-boss on a small scale business in the past. It was with an elder brother where we had a gaming center that was in operation all day. We had shifts and also made some small profits.

I haven't been co- boss before business before, but I think is a good opportunity to be a co- boss in a business, I really hope to be one.

Your business actually lasted that long,and also when in business thinking of the long term survival is key,all things need to be considerd from new innovation to customers prefrence,I have been in a co partnarship,and we keep looking at the trend on how not to be pushed out of business.

I haven't been co- boss before business before, but I think is a good opportunity to be a co- boss in a business, I really hope to be one.
Its a good opportunity because there are chances you are been entitled to as a coboss that others are not been entitled to ,its another privilege

Being a co partner in business is a very sensitive issue that needs ultimate corporation of both parties and collaborative to ensure the business sustainability.

Being a co partner in business is a very sensitive issue that needs ultimate corporation of both parties and collaborative to ensure the business sustainability.
There have to be maximum coporation for the business to produce a very good result and partners would really earn and make more money through that process

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back