What's new

What's it like to fire someone?

I have been a freelancer for the majority of my working life, and I must say that I would not want to know what it feels like to fire somebody, and I don't want to be in such situation.

I haven't really had to fire anyone in my life. I have had to let a few people go from a job, but that was mostly for small temp work I needed them for. Anyway, what is it like to fire someone from the job? Do you have any horror stories from firing an employee or someone who worked for you?
I have not become a boss yet because I do not have a company or business. But I have experienced to be under a boss. There was an instant where I nearly experience being fired but its good that I have already filed my resignation letter. So to fire somebody if i could experience it I believe it will not be so easy.

I never worked for anyone in my life, I'm simply managing a business of my own. I understand how it feels to get fired. If I am in the position of having employees for my business I won't fire immediately cos I have pity for people.

When I was younger, I know a man that was fired because of some mistake which led his family into hardship and ever since firing had never really been in my agenda.

The one sacked will always have that soured feeling when he or she is axed by his or her boss over some business dispute which base on mutual consent.

Sacking an employee comes with different emotional blackmail from others. They try to talk you down like you want to put the employee in extreme poverty and how would you expect the person to feed his family

Hiring and firing in any business organization isn't a new thing. If you think an employee isn't productive to your organization and you are losing sleep over the person, the best thing is to fire the employee

When the employee is not performing he/her duty very well you can fire he/her, because is not a bad idea if you fired a person who is not doing well in the company is not a bad idea.

I never worked for anyone in my life, I'm simply managing a business of my own. I understand how it feels to get fired. If I am in the position of having employees for my business I won't fire immediately cos I have pity for people.
That is correct. That is good that you have pity for people. But when people are already abusing your kindness, then it's better to fire employees.

That is correct. That is good that you have pity for people. But when people are already abusing your kindness, then it's better to fire employees.
Sure, when people tends to take advantage of your kindness or pity you don't joke with your business, I'll definitely fire such employee.

I have never fired anyone from a job but I think I have the guts to do it. Especially if I have a valid reason to fired him/her. As a manager, I am sure this is one of those skills you will have to learn.

One of the main reasons I am trying to set up my own business is that I do not want to get sacked or fired by anyone. It is better to set up your own business.

I haven't really had to fire anyone in my life. I have had to let a few people go from a job, but that was mostly for small temp work I needed them for. Anyway, what is it like to fire someone from the job? Do you have any horror stories from firing an employee or someone who worked for you?
I have never had to fire someone and I would imagine that it would be a very hard process because you are taking away a person's livelihood however sometimes these actions are necessary in order to try and better the business.

Firing an employee is not a something good if not because he misbehave, if an employee violating the rules and regulation may be called to an order

This question is too broad. Should have been narrowed down. Was the employee a good one or you fired him/her because you must.

i have never been fired but i know how it feels to be fired ,you will feel as if everything is over for you .especially when you have only one source if income , it truly sounds pretty bad despite the fact i haven't experienced it.

It's horrible the first few times. It's really uncomfortable, there are many emotions involved, and you just do not want to do it, but you know it's the correct thing to do.

Its anger mix with regret some of the times. You will discover that your anger is not really pacify from firing them. Depends on what the person did and the extent of the damage it takes so long to cool off.

Its anger mix with regret some of the times. You will discover that your anger is not really pacify from firing them. Depends on what the person did and the extent of the damage it takes so long to cool off.
I can totally understand that feeling, most times you might start feeling like you should not have fired the person. But like you said, it totally depends on the kind of offense the person has committed, if it's something that really requires the person being fired, then there is no choice but to do it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back