Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I haven't really had to fire anyone in my life. I have had to let a few people go from a job, but that was mostly for small temp work I needed them for. Anyway, what is it like to fire someone from the job? Do you have any horror stories from firing an employee or someone who worked for you?

In my honest opinion, if an employee isn't performing as expected as is constantly making a loss for the company then he/she should be fired or politely asked to resign. Astute business owners don't become emotional when it comes to firing people because they do so for the safety of their businesses. They only become emotional when a high performing employee resigns.

I haven't really had to fire anyone in my life. I have had to let a few people go from a job, but that was mostly for small temp work I needed them for. Anyway, what is it like to fire someone from the job? Do you have any horror stories from firing an employee or someone who worked for you?
I just did that two days ago. I fired my gardener as I found her wasting water in the garden. Despite the advice given she flouted it and did what she thought was right.

Before firing an employee for negligence of duty or any offence, I use to put them in my shoes, firing someone I like killing them and taking all their means of livelihood because they have wife and children and family to feed, its a bad experience.

I hate to get people fired without no particular reason behind it, because to stop someone from work is liner taking he or her livelihood from any of them. So I hate the fact to get someone sacked or fired,unless you fired yourself from doing the crime against the company rules and regulations.

What it is like to fire someone, is like distabilisng such person and the source of income is being affected. It may also affect the person psychological and before you know it, the person start behaving in a funny way.

I was once employing half a dozen writers on my website. When I wanted to fire the writers, I did not tell them that I was firing. Instead I told them that paid writing is closed now. It does not feel good to fire.

I do not believe in firing although I think it is accepted managerial concept but my humanitarian side just thinks that any employee has people depending on him so I would look for other means to make sure such person learns correction.

There was a time that our company needed temporary programmers and I hired my best friend. He is good in technical but his main problem is his attitude. He would come in late and waste time in the office by continual smoking while having coffee in the pantry. It was against my policy for an employee to be cheating on the company so I fired my friend. We had a misunderstanding that lasted for a month.

There is no any such thing as having a horror story after firing someone. Yes, if I fire someone, I don't just fire the person for the sake of firing the person. I fired the person because certain work rules were broken over and over again without cahnge

Although this isn't a pleasant experience but it shouldn't be a bad experience if the firing is justified, if an employee deserves to be fired then definitely go ahead and fire such employee

Although this isn't a pleasant experience but it shouldn't be a bad experience if the firing is justified, if an employee deserves to be fired then definitely go ahead and fire such employee
Firing an employee isn't always a pleasant experience but there are some cases where some employees just need to be fired. As long as there is a good justification for the firing it is all good all good.

Firing an employee isn't always a pleasant experience but there are some cases where some employees just need to be fired. As long as there is a good justification for the firing it is all good all good.
Exactly, why feel like bad about it if such an employee has been detrimental to the progress of the business, firing of employees has always happened and would still be in yhe future

Business should not be done with emotion. An underperforming employee should not be pardoned and allowed to continue or else the business won't record high sales.

It is never a good feeling to fire someone but there are some people that derives pleasure in firing people but for me I wouldn't be happy if I get to fire someone.

There was a time that our company needed temporary programmers and I hired my best friend. He is good in technical but his main problem is his attitude. He would come in late and waste time in the office by continual smoking while having coffee in the pantry. It was against my policy for an employee to be cheating on the company so I fired my friend. We had a misunderstanding that lasted for a month.
How did you resolve that misunderstanding? Maybe I could learn from you, although I never wish to be in a shoe to fire someone I rather look for a way to convince the person's mentality.

Firing of workers is something that can never be avoided in most cases. I have never fired anyone so i dont really have a first hand experience. But i have read about cases whereby the manager gets threat messages from old employees that where fired.

Once my employer told me, "Don' come from tomorrow." I was fired and it hurt me because I felt like my existence has been trampled. That was the first experience, and it hurt

Same for me! I haven't been in a situation to fire anybody. I might vow not to fire anybody in my life it's easier said than done. Until I get their first before I know.

I have seen someone that was fired from his work, he was so depressed that he almost took his life, after seeing such thing, I can never try to fire someone . I haven't been in a position to fire someone but if I get to that position. I will never do that.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back