What's new

When someone is indirectly insulting you?

Heatman

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
40,000 Post Club
Apr 14, 2018
USD
$4.2900USD
Biznotes
Have you ever had yourself in a situation where it was very obvious that someone whom you're working with is indirectly jabbing you with insults and make it look like a joke?

If have been in this kind of fix, how do you manage it without having everything escalated?

The best way I handle is just in two ways. First I spit it out asking the person "are you indirectly insulting me". The reaction from the person will definitely tell me he or she was doing so.

Secondly is to keep mute and abort the environment or perhaps switch as am not a troublesome type.

If someone is insulting me and trying to mask it as a joke, I will do two things, if I can afford to pick a bone with this guy, I will fight back, if I cannot afford to pick a bone, I will just close my eyes and continue to do my job. When there is money involved, you might not afford to fight back.

I am not looking for fights in my workplace and would rather ignore insults but if he is exaggerating? I would put him in his place and answer as needed.
When someone insults you he is hurting your reputation and on the way you are seen to the other co-workers and you cannot lose respect just because a single guy so it's best to answer if needed and say wise things not insult back of course...

Simply asking them to stop, and that you don't appreciate it should suffice. Of course not everyone will stop their bullying, and if they don't, the next step would to reach out to your superior, like a boss or manager. If it's someone with power, bring it up to someone above them.

If it's becoming too much for you, reporting them can help. Of course that could turn other employees against you, and in turn could cause more problems. So it's a tough thing to deal with. Some people can put up with it, some can't. And no one should have to put up with constant bullying in the work place, even if the other person thinks it's lighthearted or fun.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back