What's new

What will you do if you lose an important contract because of careless worker?

Will probably fire him if he has made such mistakes severally, if not, will caution him and put him in the background to observe for some time.
I wouldn't waste time in sucking any employee that makes my business to lose a good contract because I do not take nonsense from people as a contract for the business being lost it's a bad signal that the employee is not good at his job.

Will probably fire him if he has made such mistakes severally, if not, will caution him and put him in the background to observe for some time.
That's just the simple way to go about this kind of situation. Leaving such a staff in your payroll thinking they will turn a new leaf will be the doom of your business

Well it's true ,we really need to have a human conscience, at least I have learn a lot from you.because my own the way I'm saying is as a result of arrogance, if reverse was the case I would have seek for permission and forgiveness.
Yeah. We should always view life from two different perspective and these will help us when we want to make any decision on our life.

My reaction will depends on the amount involved in the contract . If it's a life changing contract, I.will forgive the employee on the condition that it's not intentional but if it's intentional. I will not take it lightly

That's just the simple way to go about this kind of situation. Leaving such a staff in your payroll thinking they will turn a new leaf will be the doom of your business
it does bother me sometimes how incompetent workers still hold on to their sense of entitlement without consideration for the business owner and the losses they made him incur.

If I lose an important contract because of a careless worker, I will suspend him for some time to understand the gravity of his offence or I can deduct from his salary the exact amounts of money of the contract that I lost.

Last edited:
Ifmi lose an important contract because of a careless worker, I will suspend him for some time to understand the gravity of his offence or I can deduct from his salary the exact amounts of money of the contract that I lost.
Hahah, funny you, you will not be able to deduct his salary to reach the amount of money the contract will worth, if the contract worth $1,000,000, the person you are deducting is salary may not stay in your business organisation for you to deduct 1 million Dollars from his salary.So how will you do ?

Yeah. We should always view life from two different perspective and these will help us when we want to make any decision on our life.
That is what I really need to understand because sometimes i only view live in a way that suits me alone, I don't really care about other people as far as the decision am making is comfortable with me, this might not be the right thing as it can be out of selfishness.

Hahah, funny you, you will not be able to deduct his salary to reach the amount of money the contract will worth, if the contract worth $1,000,000, the person you are deducting is salary may not stay in your business organisation for you to deduct 1 million Dollars from his salary.So how will you do ?
I may not necessarily deducts the exacts amounts of money the contract worth but I will make sure that I do something to him for him to understand how painful it was to lose a huge contract because of his negligence at work.

Mostly the next action would be to sack the worker but it all depends on the previous record of the worker. If I notice the work is not a serious or hard working type then he must go. But if the worker is the hardworking type then might just pardon the worker then let he/she understand the mistake made
About 70% of employers we definitely suck the worker who was very careless enough for the organisation to lost an important client but when you look at it from the angle of the worker and he did his best you can actually give him or her query.

You can forgive your employee if it was his/her first mistake, but if the employee makes the same mistake and I loose a contract due to a careless worker, I have no option other than fire him.

I would tell the careless worker to go explain to the contract people that it was all his fault and to keep me out of it

They might reconsider 😏

If the worker has been very hard-working and has been doing a lot to grow the company i will definitely not sack, but if not you will surely get the sack.

Hmmm,I would not make any decision out of anger because I would not want to lose two things in a given time phrase,and I wouldnt want other workers to work with fear

I think that you should know all your workers one by one so you should only hire workers with nice behaviors and etiquette for not missing such opportunities .

I will not lie i don't know because where i work currently i was told of a client that was lost due to a careless staff and his manner of approach to the client, so the truth is depending on the manner in which the staff and the extent to which the staff acted and behaved is what will depend on the action i will take against him or her

I think that you should know all your workers one by one so you should only hire workers with nice behaviors and etiquette for not missing such opportunities .
Maybe you have to check on the situation what really happened. Sometimes an employee can be blamed but it would turn out that the client is the one at fault. There are cases like that which I had seen and fortunately there was someone to explain to the boss what really happened.

What will you do if you lose an important contract because of a careless worker under you
I will teach him not to do what he did again. I will just warn him first. As what you have asked above, he just went careless. So I will tell him not to be careless again. Carelessness cost a very important contact and possible income.

Am sorry but the worker would have to be laid off. I'll only be lenient If the worker agrees to improve on his or her work ethics.

I'll not only fine the worker depending on what they made me lose. If it's something that's that much, I'll get an order or we sign an agreement that they work for me for a period of time till that debt is repaid to an extent

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back