What's new

What will you do if you lose an important contract because of careless worker?

Will probably fire him if he has made such mistakes severally, if not, will caution him and put him in the background to observe for some time.

if the worker has been excellent before and this was a floppy mistake, he can be pardoned. But if there's history of these carelessness then I will have to sack him.

That takes you back to work ethics, you got to understand TQM and its principles, then make proper decision which may not hinder your company operations in future.

I will try to get the details first. Sometimes it could be a trap and people try to make others take their fall.
If I am sure it's due to negligence then I will try to warn them first. After that, I will try to make them do less important work like accounting and such instead of dealing with the clients directly.
Only if they earn my trust again, they will be able to go back to their previous work position.

It's not a good idea to fire people just like that, in my opinion.

The most important thing is to evaluate why the worker is the culprit, if he followed superior orders or if he is really guilty due to carelessness. You also have to take into account the employment record of said worker, before making a radical decision of dismissal. If there is no reason to leave the employee working, then the way out is to fire him.

There is nothing I will do actually but to be honest I'll feel bad and obviously I will sack the staff that causes the loss of contracts, but sometimes I could even blame myself for allowing such thing to happen because as a business manager you must always be there to make sure everything in your business goes as normal.

If you ever had a hard time in your family, would you consider laying off one of your kid?
I believe you will never do it
So why would you consider laying of someone in your organization
If you get a job in my company, I will never Sack you for performance issues. Infact if you have issues, we'll have to coach you and give you the necessary support, just like we would with one of our children who comes home with a C from school.

Well for me, I may pardon the staff after a stern warning if this is the first time that the staff is behaving in such a manner but if the staff has had some misdemeanor of such magnitude in the past, then I will immediately sack such a staff.
I believe if a person is doing something he/she normally don't do for the first time, then it's a mistake but if it's something he/she has done before then it's that person character or he did it purposely.

Well for me, I may pardon the staff after a stern warning if this is the first time that the staff is behaving in such a manner but if the staff has had some misdemeanor of such magnitude in the past, then I will immediately sack such a staff.
I believe if a person is doing something he/she normally don't do for the first time, then it's a mistake but if it's something he/she has done before then it's that person character or he did it purposely.
You said he will pardon the staff,well for me I will not pardon the person because everyone must receive punishment for what he or she has done wrong, what if the contract you are missing is worth up to millions of Dollars so you just sweep it under the carpet and just forget about it just because of carelessness of one person?

Concerning what I will do if I lose a contract due to the carelessness of a worker, well, it depends on the magnitude of how big the contract is, he will be scolded and if need be to be fired but that will be if he has been doing it occasionally

To me sacking such person will be a huge loss in addition , I will allow him to work while I deduct the damage he caused me for losing the contract from his salary .
However if the damage he caused can repeat itself in future , I will surely sack him .

If I loose a contract because of a careless worker honestly I will feel very bad and I will probably start disliking the worker. But if it was due to a mistake on his part that made me loose the contract, I will probably suspend him instead of sacking him.

What will you do if you lose an important contract because of a careless worker under you
The first action in many cases is to automatically sack the employee involved. But sometimes you need to consider the employee by researching on what actually happened and led to that careless behavior. If the cause of the careless behavior is reasonable, you can warm the employee not to repeat such mistake and consider him or her back.

I will have a talk with him to let him know what his careless has caused us. And if he remorses and promises to change for better, then I will give him another chance but if he doesn't feel remorse. I may sack him to prevent future occurrence.

Mostly the next action would be to sack the worker but it all depends on the previous record of the worker. If I notice the work is not a serious or hard working type then he must go. But if the worker is the hardworking type then might just pardon the worker then let he/she understand the mistake made

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back