What's new

What to do when someone steals your content?

Content theft is a great problem for website owners. Here are some of the things to do when your website content is stolen.

Write to the person who stole your content and ask him to remove.

Write to the web host and ask to take action against the person

File a case on Digital Millennium Copyright Act
The person will be reported to the police 🚓 and sue Him or her to court and the best of all leave him to God and see what we happen to Him

Content theft is a great problem for website owners. Here are some of the things to do when your website content is stolen.

Write to the person who stole your content and ask him to remove.

Write to the web host and ask to take action against the person

File a case on Digital Millennium Copyright Act
It's rampant these days, and really a problem.
If I find myself in such a situation, I would report to the web host and ask to take action against the person.

Take the time to organize your thoughts and gather your proof before proceeding. Make a document containing all of the information you can discover, such as the URL(s) where the stolen content is located, any contact information, dates, and times, and so on.

I feel so many article sites has ruke and regulations and one of this rule is that they don't accept plagiarism,to me I will report the person and the person will pay for violating law guarding content writing

The best way to deal with such circumstances is to file a case to the copyright company who would handle it in the proper way and make such person pay for it

Contact the owner of the site and ask to have the stolen content taken down. Include a link to your original content, the date it was published, the screenshot showing the copied content and a clear statement saying you're the exclusive owner of the content and did not give permission for it to be copied.

The first step is to gather proof. Once you have enough evidence, you should approach the person nicely and ask him to do the necessary by pulling it down and offering an apology. If he refuses, filing a complaint is the best option.

It is just like we have criminals operating in the world today the same thing goes online as well with content thieves who don't have energy to do their work but to steal other people's work for their own gain.

Even though I don't have any website I am running at the moment, but I don't support contents theft at all. But it is rather unfortunate that this is still happening these days even without making reference to the contents source. I support reporting the person as stated above but I am wondering if it will really yield good results. Just wondering.

You need to first contact the person and inform them of the incident. Some people might be aware of this and it implications. If the person does not yield, you can inform Google of the stealing and they are going to take down the page from Google search.

It is just like we have criminals operating in the world today the same thing goes online as well with content thieves who don't have energy to do their work but to steal other people's work for their own gain.
That's just the world we are in today, such persons want the easy way out. If your content was ever stollen, what would be your reaction?

That's just the world we are in today, such persons want the easy way out. If your content was ever stollen, what would be your reaction?
I would actually feel bad that my content is stolen but on the other side of it I'm going to blame myself for not making all necessary plan to ensure that my content cannot be stolen.

I would actually feel bad that my content is stolen but on the other side of it I'm going to blame myself for not making all necessary plan to ensure that my content cannot be stolen.
True, like they say prevention is better than cure. It would be alot easier to prevent it from happening than looking for ways to get it back. Would you take legal actions if it does happen?

If someone steal my content, I would rather fight or prosecutes any body. I will change contents and give another subheadings and reconstruction another one .

If you are blogger, you can disable the right click so that people cannot copy the text from your site. This is the easiest way to stop people from stealing your content.

The first thing to do is to have evidence after gathering enough evidence, your reach out to the person politely if he refuses to do the needful by taking it down and tendering an apology then filling a complaint is the best thing to do.

When someone steals your content, i think the first thing to do is to confront that person, have a heart to heart conversation with that person and hopefully he or she may have a change of heart. If it doesn't work then you can try legal means.

I think the best way is to write the owner of the website and try to resolve it peacefully, otherwise I think you can then call them out if they refuse to stop copying or stealing your content.
Most times though, it'll not be useful to them because the records would show you uploaded it first.

You need to report the person to Google with a prove that you are the first person to post the content online. Google will investigate into the content and they will ask the person to take it down once they have verified your claim.

I think the best way is to write the owner of the website and try to resolve it peacefully, otherwise I think you can then call them out if they refuse to stop copying or stealing your content.
Most times though, it'll not be useful to them because the records would show you uploaded it first.
That's true, as long as there are records, it would definitely help alot to make things easier. Don't you think to prevent your work from being stolen or to make it easier to detect does who have stolen your work, you can add like a trade mark only you can detect, so once they copy your work, you can fish them out. What do you think?

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back