Spending money to build web content

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Do you spend money to build content on your site? Let me put this another way around, do you hire people to write posts on your blogs, or do you pay people to post on your forums? In case you are paying people to create content on your site, how much do you spend per month on average? Do they create quality content on your site? Do you receive traffic on content published by users?

Am not saying its not cool, but no, I don't spend money to build content on my site. I prefer a hands-on approach, creating content myself. Quality matters, and engaging directly with the audience helps build a genuine community.

Am not saying its not cool, but no, I don't spend money to build content on my site. I prefer a hands-on approach, creating content myself. Quality matters, and engaging directly with the audience helps build a genuine community.
Do you mean to say you will be writing entire content for your community? :D
What would you do if you do not have users joining your site, or even if someone joined but is not creating posts on your site? When there are no new posts, your site literally is dead.

Do you mean to say you will be writing entire content for your community? :D
What would you do if you do not have users joining your site, or even if someone joined but is not creating posts on your site?
For blogs, I do not hire people, but for forums, 😁😉, no way to escape hiring people, it actually helps to boost any forum community.

For blogs, I do not hire people, but for forums, 😁😉, no way to escape hiring people, it actually helps to boost any forum community.
Yea, blog content can be entirely written by you. I also write most of my blog content. Sometimes I do hire writers for my blog. That;s usually when I am unable to write for my blog and want a different voice on my blog. I frequently hire guest writers.

It is not easy to have someone that does all the postings on their website alone. So, it is either you take the option of hiring writers to help you create content on your website or you get your friends and family to join. In terms of paying for content, it is all about what you think is necessary to do and how much you mapped out for it.

It is not easy to have someone who does all the postings on their website alone. So, it is either you take the option of hiring writers to help you create content on your website or you get your friends and family to join. In terms of paying for content, it is all about what you think is necessary to do and how much you mapped out for it.
This is for a simple reason in maximum cases you could write one article per day if you have everyday new ideas but one idea in term of monetization doesn't cover hosting plan from ads monetization.

I haven't done it in my current forum since it's basically me explaining things to others. But believe me, if you really want to boost any community, put money into it until you get the network effect. (simple but not easy/yet ;) )
Paying for content on forums, you are not just paying for content, you are creating activity as well which is the blood of all communities. If done systematically, you can get more out of each dollar and reach the so desired "Network Effect" even quicker.

Yeah, when you spend money top build content on your forum, you are basically building activities. However, the major problem is you lose activities once you stop spending money on content, and you will be back to square one. That's what happened to my communities.

Yeah, when you spend money to build content on your forum, you are building activities. However, the major problem is you lose activities once you stop spending money on content, and you will be back to square one. That's what happened to my community.
You need to make money from your communities to compensate for your spending this is to resume the situation except it is a hobby. And having a community is a work in half of situations.

Yeah, when you spend money top build content on your forum, you are basically building activities. However, the major problem is you lose activities once you stop spending money on content, and you will be back to square one. That's what happened to my communities.
Paying for content/activity is just the beginning stage, we cannot just rely on that. Having general sections in forums is important to attract the general public, but is imperative these days to pick a topic/category/section to specialize in something(anything really) But you have to aim to be the best or unique/different in that particular "thing" than the rest of the competition. Because it exist and there is no way to escape that, If the competition is too strong to fight against, then become ally if possible. Just add more value to the existing "competition"(that extra value added becomes your niche)

It's really to sit down and think/brainstorm hard/deep what can I do different on "x niche/category" believe me, there is always something you can do your unique way. Connect two dots that has not been connected before. (or add a third, a forth dot to the equation and so on.)

@Mike30 I agree on what ever you have said here, but sadly a lot of us are stuck with community that is not growing organically. I am a member on many communities and very few communities have organic members. Most forum owners are buying posting packages, or hiring paid posters I an saying this based on my personal experience

Paying for content/activity is just the beginning stage, we cannot just rely on that. Having general sections in forums is important to attract the general public
It is possible what you say if paying per activity is not an automatic process so a moderator comes and validates the reward or the post is not rewarded, this is feasible in Xenforo forums, so someone coming with low-quality or AI-generated content to reach the payout will leave the platform as none of his post has reward approved, so order posting packages or enable paid to post could be to reach one thousand signups then either discontinue this or do what I have mentioned in my post.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back