What's new

Have you ever wiped your forums of all posts/content?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I remember back when I was a kid and was a member of this video game forum. Sadly it was prone to a couple hacks, one that resulted in all posts completely wiped. That time they couldn't recover the posts so restarted. Another hack happened, same thing, but they were able to recover posts from a month back, so it wasn't a total loss. But has there ever been a time where you just decided to clean out your forum and start anew? I have done similar, but I always make an archive of past posts, so I don't lose everything. And people can go down memory lane to revisit old posts and topics.

I have never done this with my forums but I have frequently wiped out content from my blogs. I once wiped out content mistakenly from my blog and I lost 20 articles. I hadn't saved any of those articles and I had not even backed up my website. Generally speaking, when I want to revamp my site, I wipe out content.

I can't even imagine myself doing this. I don't see it as something that is reasonable. I mean, why should I have to clear all contents on my forum? There is no way that I should try to behave in a such a manner at all.

I have never done this with my forums but I have frequently wiped out content from my blogs. I once wiped out content mistakenly from my blog and I lost 20 articles. I hadn't saved any of those articles and I had not even backed up my website. Generally speaking, when I want to revamp my site, I wipe out content.
I've wiped some blogs, but I usually just make an archive with my blog posts, so that the blog can be used for new content.
I can't even imagine myself doing this. I don't see it as something that is reasonable. I mean, why should I have to clear all contents on my forum? There is no way that I should try to behave in a such a manner at all.
That's fair. Most people won't do a purge of their site like that, but it happens. Some people want to see a change, some want to start fresh. I say, as long as you archive past content, purging your site isn't that bad.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back