What's new

What to do when someone steals your content?

The problem is that when you confront the person he might not be able to respond well in the way you like. I have seen a big company using a lawsuits to threaten a competitor to take similar contents to their own and it works.

Suing them is the only logical option after you tried to contact them and tell them to delete the stolen content. Filing a DMCA is probably the fastest way to get it removed.

There is often the case where you can report the content that is being stolen, however when it comes to online forums like this it does not always work because there is no copyright claim on your work.

If someone steals my content then, I will tell them to remove it. Having said that, there are certain plugins and tools that would make it hard to copy content. One such tool also prevents people to copy the text of your content.

The appropriate gentlemanly step I will first take is to approach or reach out to the website owner to resolve this infringement. If nothing is done about it, then I'll have to involve my lawyers for a legal suite to be filed

Plagiarism could be avoided to some extent when you usually stick yourself to copyscape. It is a kind of service that prevents plagiarism and some sites have a "copyscape protected" logo to make it appear to plagiarisers that the website content is protected.

In order to know what to do about the problem, the individual will report it to the police. Additionally, you must write to the website host in order to take appropriate action.

As such, website owners can direct traffic to stolen content through social sites. Can I monetize my website with stolen content?

Plagiarism could be avoided to some extent when you usually stick yourself to copyscape. It is a kind of service that prevents plagiarism and some sites have a "copyscape protected" logo to make it appear to plagiarisers that the website content is protected.
Just having a copyscape protected does not stop people from copying content because you cannot book them by law. However, if you disable right click on your website, you might be able to protect your content.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back