Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
So for a few sites I worked at, we had subreddits for our sites. I even started making my own for my sites, but I realized for me, reddit wasn't the best place to promote a site. Honestly I feel like reddit is annoying to use. There are so many rude people, and spammers that I stopped making a subreddit for my sites. If someone else wants to, go for it, but I will not use reddit for my sites ever again. It may work for you, in which case, awesome, I'm glad someone can get that site to work for them.

I have heard so many people say that when you have a site, using a subreddit is a good idea but it has never been something I have got around to doing or trying.

I have used Reddit for some things in the past but will admit, it has never been to promote anything so I am not sure how well it would work. Worth a try I guess though as it will not cost anything but time.

It depends on the type of sites you are running, if your site is big and has a lot of traffic, I think having a sub reddit can help you. However, if you are running a site with low traffic and activitys, it does not make any sense to have a sub reddit as there will not be a lot of discussion surrounding your site.

I don't know the difference between Reddit and Sub reddit. Please, anyone care to explain the difference and how they apply for forums? I've used Reddit but it's was a long time ago.

I don't think every website should use Reddit. There's plenty of other ways to have a community attached to your website, it's best to go with either a forum or a chat client like Guilded or Discord. Reddit is good for standalone communities but there's quite a bit of spam bots that tend to use the site and you might get spam on your subreddit.
I don't know the difference between Reddit and Sub reddit. Please, anyone care to explain the difference and how they apply for forums? I've used Reddit but it's was a long time ago.
Subreddits are the communities on Reddit. Reddit is the entire site. For example let's look at Forumotion. Forumotion hosts forums, but the communities hosted on the platform aren't Forumotion.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back