What's new

Should employees be trained in First Aid?

First aid is an important area to neglect in a workplace no matter how big or how small the workplace maybe. Since danger is uncertain members of any work force must be enlightened and trained on first aid.

First aid is very important when its come to any company because there are so many ways which someone can sustain injury and the person close will just try his best and be of help with the available first aid equipment but if the company dosnt train their workers on that I think its going to be so hard for such help.
Well, this is very true. Companies like construction, building and engineering firms are likely to have their staff trained on first aid. I don't think the banking industry are really doing the same.

First aid is very important when its come to any company because there are so many ways which someone can sustain injury and the person close will just try his best and be of help with the available first aid equipment but if the company dosnt train their workers on that I think its going to be so hard for such help.

The problem is that anyone could experience injuries at the workplace and this is why having a first aid box could offer some help before the ambulance arrives at the office.

The problem is that anyone could experience injuries at the workplace and this is why having a first aid box could offer some help before the ambulance arrives at the office.
I believe by now almost all organizations have first aid kits readily available. I am just concerned if they are able to train their staff properly on it's application for different kinds of emergencies.

I believe by now almost all organizations have first aid kits readily available. I am just concerned if they are able to train their staff properly on it's application for different kinds of emergencies.

Not all the employees in here have access to such kind of kits. Moreover, not all the workplaces have such kind of kits. I think that this problem is much more common in many tier 3 countries.

Not all the employees in here have access to such kind of kits. Moreover, not all the workplaces have such kind of kits. I think that this problem is much more common in many tier 3 countries.
I think it was in the past. There has been a lot of development in recent years across all sectors and many organizations have made the safety of their staff at the workplace a top priority.

I think it was in the past. There has been a lot of development in recent years across all sectors and many organizations have made the safety of their staff at the workplace a top priority.

Unfortunately, there are so many organisations that are still following the ways of the past. This is a really common problem in many developing countries.

the last Internship that I did was at Schlumberger, the first week they involved me in a course called "New Employee Safety Training", during this experience I learned about the different hazards that may happen to an employee during the work and how can he prevent himself (chemicals, Fire, driving risk, working at the height...)

the last Internship that I did was at Schlumberger, the first week they involved me in a course called "New Employee Safety Training", during this experience I learned about the different hazards that may happen to an employee during the work and how can he prevent himself (chemicals, Fire, driving risk, working at the height...)

This is good to hear. However, not all the companies have such kind of courses. I have also worked at a customer sales center. The so-called "training period" of the company was just seven days. They never trained anyone when it comes to using medical kit.

This is good to hear. However, not all the companies have such kind of courses. I have also worked at a customer sales center. The so-called "training period" of the company was just seven days. They never trained anyone when it comes to using medical kit.
it depends on your environment, the company where I did my internship is the leader in the oil and gas field, our environment is too risky because we work with chemicals and huge and risky tools..
so we should care for HSE to avoid and eliminate the percent of risk during the operations.

Unfortunately, there are so many organisations that are still following the ways of the past. This is a really common problem in many developing countries.
We have many organisation that always train their new employees ways in which they can treat people in first aid treatment , in order to eliminate any risk of the job .

We have many organisation that always train their new employees ways in which they can treat people in first aid treatment , in order to eliminate any risk of the job .
It's also important to note that first aid treatment shouldn't be limited to just using the first aid box. Employees should also be trained on steps to take during emergencies.

I think that it all depends on the kind of job. It is a must to learn about first aid if you are working in a sector that involves medical knowledge. I am talking about hospitals and clinics.

I think that it all depends on the kind of job. It is a must to learn about first aid if you are working in a sector that involves medical knowledge. I am talking about hospitals and clinics.
It's important for staff in other sectors to be taught the basics of first aid. This is because a medical emergency might happen anytime and the staff needs to be prepared always.

employee need to be train on first aid to be sincere I think when they do this its going to help them incase emergency occure here so they can respond on time so I think that training your staff on first aid is never a waste of time.
Yes it's very good for employee to be trained in order for them to be qualified to any area they find to work, because it's very important to train their employee before them can start working.

First aid training will help every business workers to know the right thing to do in emergency situation or accident. It depends on the type of business organisation . I know some business organisation will have a well-trained doctors and nurses but at the same time it very important for employees working in dangerous organisation to be trained on this n

It's important for staff in other sectors to be taught the basics of first aid. This is because a medical emergency might happen anytime and the staff needs to be prepared always.

Many organisations never focus on such kind of things because they think that these things are not really needed in the organisation. In case of emergency, they will simply call an ambulance.

In every work place I have worked before, there are special workers designated for giving first aid. I don't know why it is like that, but I believe there's reason the management of those place choose to appoint one person to be in charge of first aid. In large, only one person cannot be in charge of first aid. Rather, they create a health department and it's the people in this department that administer first to those who need it. For your question, every employee can not be trained on giving first aid because it's interested in administer first aid.

Many organisations never focus on such kind of things because they think that these things are not really needed in the organisation. In case of emergency, they will simply call an ambulance.
They will likely call an ambulance in case of an emergency. But there are certain situations that require on the spot immediate treatment and this is when first aid becomes important.

They will likely call an ambulance in case of an emergency. But there are certain situations that require on the spot immediate treatment and this is when first aid becomes important.
It doesn't cost much for an organization to train it's employees on first aid. Infact, it should be made mandatory that business firms and companies organise regular training on first aid and other safety measures in the workplace.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back