What's new

Is it appropriate to employ your family member into your business

I have been thinking about this for long about the risk involve by employing any of your extended family to your business. There is an adage says "the external force has no power over you if there is no connection of internal force. So what are your opinion about this?
It depend on the personalities involved. Some family members can add the desired value to your business where as other will carelessly run it down because it's a family relationship

When it comes to business, I make sure that I do not employ my family member as staff no matter how trustworthy they are to me. It is always difficult to make a tough decision against them should there is a need for it.

It all depends, as it always does. It is mostly determined by how well family members agree on their duties and how to build the firm. However, business is business. How can you terminate a potentially lazy, inept, money-hungry, irresponsible family member without causing a commotion? They constantly expect to be paid more and treated better than others.

Employing family members in your business can conversely be both a tremendous help and sometimes a hindrance. As a family business advisor I have seen families where a family member may work 12 hour days as their “duty” and other family enterprises where a position in the business is seen as a right. Neither practice is correct, but they are difficult to address once entrenched. With that in mind this month’s piece is on the 4 best practices to employ when employing.
Getting a family involve in ayour business is not really a bad idea.Things you need to look out for are his commitment level,do they have the same vision with you,how is their discipline level,and are they hard working and innovative to add value to the company.

It is good and at the same Time it's not good. Good in the sense that when anything happens you know the business is a safe hands that your family. The bad side is that when there is a down slide,they will say it's our family business.

I don't see any problem with that as long as the job is designated one , and my family member is capable of completing the task. Who would not like to get some extra income?

I do not see something wrong in employing relatives. The only thing is that you should employ with credibility. Ensure that the relative that you wish to employ merits the post and always try to separate the work duties from relationship

There is nothing bad in employing your family member into your company provided they are ready to follow the rules and regulation of the company. If they are going to be rebellion and become unserious, it will be good not to employ them. one of the advantages of having a family member in your company is that you have an insider that will look how things is being run in your company and give you first-hand information.

A potentially rebellious family member will not display rebelliousness until they are on the job. As good as it is to have an insider looking out for one's business, history has shown that including family members into business is not the wisest of choice. A lot of them get comfortable on the job.

When it comes to business, I make sure that I do not employ my family member as staff no matter how trustworthy they are to me. It is always difficult to make a tough decision against them should there is a need for it.
I will actually made a tough decision against them in a simple way, they also supposed to know that they should not miss behave in the business they are dealing with, I'll just use a playful manner to kick them out of my business.

In my own opinion, I really don't like or fancy the idea of hiring a family member into my business because if they should make any bad decision you won't be able to correct them appropriately like a normal employee

It is a common knowledge that the positions of the manager and other key positions if a business are usually given to close relatives it family members as that constitutes a very inner circle of persons in the business

You can employ your family and friends to you company if they are hard working and ready to follow normal procedure of the company. If you trust them, you make that take charge of the key result areas of you company.

There is absolutely nothing bad in employing your family member as part most especially if you trust the said person in all particular areas then there should not be any form of lack of trust too

I will actually made a tough decision against them in a simple way, they also supposed to know that they should not miss behave in the business they are dealing with, I'll just use a playful manner to kick them out of my business.
Family members are not always easy to kick out of your business due to the ties that bounds you together. To avoid situations like that, it is better not to employ them at all except if you own a big business.

Family members are not always easy to kick out of your business due to the ties that bounds you together. To avoid situations like that, it is better not to employ them at all except if you own a big business.
What if your business organisation didn't have enough money to pay for employee and your family member offer themselves to do a voluntary work until your company's become standard,you wouldn't reject the offer.

honestly I don't see anything wrong in someone employing his family member has provided they have the right knowledge and understanding of how business works and how to make the business grow.

What if your business organisation didn't have enough money to pay for employee and your family member offer themselves to do a voluntary work until your company's become standard,you wouldn't reject the offer.
That is a different case entirely and not having enough money to pay employees is different from not paying at all. No matter how little the money a company can afford to pay, they will get people who will agree to work for them that are not a family member.

That is a different case entirely and not having enough money to pay employees is different from not paying at all. No matter how little the money a company can afford to pay, they will get people who will agree to work for them that are not a family member.
In the western country no matter the business you are doing you need to pay your employee the minimum wage that the government is paying to every citizen, you cannot pay below the minimum wage as we do here in most African countries.

In the western country no matter the business you are doing you need to pay your employee the minimum wage that the government is paying to every citizen, you cannot pay below the minimum wage as we do here in most African countries.
It is not done that way. Before a company especially small private companies could be forced to pay the minimum wage to her staff, it will first be proven that the company can afford to pay it.

I don't think it's really appropriate to employ ones family members into it's Business, reason been that some of them might think it's our uncle it Aunty's Business and they have the right to do any how without getting sanctioned for their actions and of you say Jack they will call family meeting on your heafy
In the recent of the world I do not see anything wrong when you employ a family member into your business as this family members can become so loyal to you and they will ensure that the business goes on well as you have family ties to you.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back