What's new

Is it appropriate to employ your family member into your business

As for me, I will rather give my family members job opportunities outside my business rather than employing them into my own business. Because family members can be difficult to control and correct unlike other employees.
Theres nothing bad in employing a family member in a business, in fact I will prefer giving am job offer to my family member in order to reduce my spending load.

Theres nothing bad in employing a family member in a business, in fact I will prefer giving am job offer to my family member in order to reduce my spending load.
In most cases it is important to employ family members in your business but in rare cases it is not because most times the end of running down your business.

There is nothing wrong in employing your family member in your business it's just over-familiarity that can hinder he or she delivering a good service to the company

There is nothing wrong in employing your family member into your business. As a matter of fact, family members are usually given the inner cacose positions in most businesses today

It is not done that way. Before a company especially small private companies could be forced to pay the minimum wage to her staff, it will first be proven that the company can afford to pay it.
They do not have to prove it, for you to start a business in the western country the business should be capable of paying people the minimum wage of the country, if you are not able to do it that way you should run your business yourself. that is how the system of government in Europe work.

it's won't be advisable.They can easily run down your way Sue to familiarity.The might be nonchalant.Tho I won't say it implies to everyone.I guess you have to check the person's character before making any decisions.

it's won't be advisable.They can easily run down your way Sue to familiarity.The might be nonchalant.Tho I won't say it implies to everyone.I guess you have to check the person's character before making any decisions.
You are talking of your parents or siblings. I understand that there are people who do not trust their family member maybe because of the bad character. But maybe it would depend on the family member. Your brother may be bad but your mother can be trusted. That is my take on the issue.

There is nothing wrong in employing your family member in your business it's just over-familiarity that can hinder he or she delivering a good service to the company
At times, family members tends not to run or manage a business the way it is suppose to be managed and it is always difficult to take tough decisions against them when they misbehaves or when they do not perform up to expectations.

In my opinion I think it is not good to hired family and friends when it come to operating business or organizations because they will not take it serious.

Depending on their capacity and qualifications. One thing I know is positions in business shouldn't be run based on sentiments, there's a popular adage in my locality that says "no friend in business"

I don't support the idea of-putting your family into your business thou depending on the kind of business you talking about here. the reason I said that was because if it was a small-scale business then its ok but if its a large-scale business then it's not ok because you would not be able to complain about certain things that you would know is wrong.

Am absolutely against it op. Although some of them might have your best interest at heart, it's a general rule of thumb not to do it. They will give you issues when trying to take business decisions.

I have been thinking about this for long about the risk involve by employing any of your extended family to your business. There is an adage says "the external force has no power over you if there is no connection of internal force. So what are your opinion about this?

Seriously as far as I'm concerned this is a very big No, especially when you want that business to not have any kind of sentiments towards it because when we employ your family members there are ways that you talk to them and they will take it against you.

Of course, it is very appropriate to employ your family members provided they have the knowledge of how business works then there is no problem there.

As for me, I will rather give my family members job opportunities outside my business rather than employing them into my own business. Because family members can be difficult to control and correct unlike other employees.

Seriously family members are definitely going to be very difficult for you to manage especially when they know that it's your business they are going to have a nonchalant attitude to work and expect you not to caution them when they are not doing it right.

Employing a family member in one's business can be beneficial and at the same time be a disadvantage.
If that family member is loyal then you have an insider that will protect your interests also if that family member is professional in his dealings and discharge of his duties it'll bring benefits to the business.
But if his attitude is that of over familiarity like coming late for work, slothfulness,low productivity,then it will impact negatively on the business.

I have been thinking about this for long about the risk involve by employing any of your extended family to your business. There is an adage says "the external force has no power over you if there is no connection of internal force. So what are your opinion about this?

The truth is that there is actually nothing wrong with employing your family members to work for you but the challenges that you're going to face is that if you happened to hire the useless once they will ruin your business for you.

Business is different from family affairs. You can employ family members but they must be ready to work and you must be strict with rules. In the work place,there shouldn't be any preferential treatment.

family members can really help a lot especially when they are skillful about the type of business you are doing ,however you shouldn't consider them as a full-time worker and should only be a temporary one.

I think you should only hire a family member into your business if the person showcases good skills that are beneficial to the business. Also, the person should respect work ethic and show professionalism at work even though you are relatives.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back