What's new

Is it appropriate to employ your family member into your business

I think that employing service of a family member or members should be with great care and caution and should not be considered firstly by start ups business but should gain a foothold in the market first because like it or not we seem to have blind spots for our family members most time.

I have been thinking about this for long about the risk involve by employing any of your extended family to your business. There is an adage says "the external force has no power over you if there is no connection of internal force. So what are your opinion about this?
Employing a family member into your business is not a big deal if they are ready to be strictly abided by the terms of service involved.

Yes it is appropriate to employ your family member into your business because I believe my family members are well trusted and they can handle my business better

Personally i don't think its a good idea to employ a family member or kin in a small business cos it might lead to both growth or it can also lead to complacency by the employee and the business owner is suppose to be able to make a dispassionate decision with no prejudice or bias.
I don't consider this a good idea at all. If you have a heart to help a family member I think the best way to go about this is to render the help outside your business. Employing family members into ones business is always counterproductive.

This is my own opinion. I do not think there is anything wrong with allowing your family member or relative to particpate in the activities associated with your business; however, you must only give opportunities to sincere family members or relatives. Nowadays it is very hard to trust someone, including your relatives.

It depend but I don't think is really good to employ a family member in a business for the betterment of your business, I prefer employing outside.

It depend but I don't think is really good to employ a family member in a business for the betterment of your business, I prefer employing outside.

Since I am a person who want to help my family members, I wouldn't be reluctant to hire my own family member. However, I am a person who prefers privacy in business matters, so I might not hire my relative. Moreover, my relatives are financially sound, so I do not think that I would need to hire anyone. This is why I would also hire someone who is not my relative.

Personally, I would not like to employ my family in my business unless I do not have any other option. You might not be able to say some things to him

It is not wise to employ a family relative in your business these sometimes contradict business ethics because of the familiarity of that family member. This may affect the business negatively but sometimes it works for others.

There is nothing wrong as long as the family member doesn't see it as a famíly thing and therefore slack off, he or she has to be professional for the business to effectively run because too much familiarity is not too good in a business

It is very appropriate to engage your family into your business because it may also equipped him to be able to think about making his own business with time, it is also good when he is the basic requirements and qualifications with the ability to carried out a task.

Very appropriate but the family menber hold a position which he/she is capable of holding. Preference should never be given to him/her.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with employing a family member in your business if the person is qualified for the post.
Yes, nothing wrong when family members are qualified. I also agree to employ family members really in need of a job to help them. But I disagree with this rooted habit in most of regions of my former country, as it happened unqualified people to manage a charge they aren't able. Disservice is the watchward in great part of my former country. It also happened only family members are allowed to enter a company to get a job. All in my former country is family office (when not political office) and the result became the same person running 3 jobs while in the country there is a shamefully high unemployment rate. On the other hand, this habit also came from the fear companies owners have being stolen by strangers.

I have been thinking about this for long about the risk involve by employing any of your extended family to your business. There is an adage says "the external force has no power over you if there is no connection of internal force. So what are your opinion about this?
Well if my family member is competent and capable of carrying out the business task then I would by all means employ him/her. I would make sure not to be biased towards him/her. They'd even have to be the most hardworking of all my employees.

Very appropriate but the family menber hold a position which he/she is capable of holding. Preference should never be given to him/her.
There is absolutely no way we buy a family member will be employee in an organisation and you won't believe the family member some level of preferential treatment.

It depends on your family member ,because some might help you increase your business portfolio and some might reduce ,it all depends just pick the one you trust

There are certain things i would have to look out for before employing a relative into my business.I have to look at his baground,check his commitment level and his character is very important and the attitude he will put out is another factor,If he does not meet this minimum criteria, i woud'nt employ him.

I will not mind to employ a trusted member into my business because they are actually the one that will be in support of me,sometimes most of them do miss behave but you need to know the type of people you are putting your business.

Rendering help to a non-working family member is good .
Nevertheless, Integrity and accountability are some of the qualities we should look out in someone trying to be our business member

There is nothing wrong with employing family members into your business ,but sometimes family members may not have the required skill and understanding to manage the type of business you are doing, going for a professional might be the best.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back