Is it appropriate to employ your family member into your business

Robrown83

Addicted Member
1000 Posts Club
Jan 9, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I have been thinking about this for long about the risk involve by employing any of your extended family to your business. There is an adage says "the external force has no power over you if there is no connection of internal force. So what are your opinion about this?

Employing family members in your business can conversely be both a tremendous help and sometimes a hindrance. As a family business advisor I have seen families where a family member may work 12 hour days as their “duty” and other family enterprises where a position in the business is seen as a right. Neither practice is correct, but they are difficult to address once entrenched. With that in mind this month’s piece is on the 4 best practices to employ when employing.

I don't think it's really appropriate to employ ones family members into it's Business, reason been that some of them might think it's our uncle it Aunty's Business and they have the right to do any how without getting sanctioned for their actions and of you say Jack they will call family meeting on your heafy

There's absolutely nothing wrong with employing a family member in your business if the person is qualified for the post. But if you know that you can be able to own your business, put your feet on the floor and make everyone understand that you don't joke when it comes to your business, then you might have a problem with it.

Employing family members in your business can conversely be both a tremendous help and sometimes a hindrance. As a family business advisor I have seen families where a family member may work 12 hour days as their “duty” and other family enterprises where a position in the business is seen as a right. Neither practice is correct, but they are difficult to address once entrenched.

As for me, I will rather give my family members job opportunities outside my business rather than employing them into my own business. Because family members can be difficult to control and correct unlike other employees.

Personally i don't think its a good idea to employ a family member or kin in a small business cos it might lead to both growth or it can also lead to complacency by the employee and the business owner is suppose to be able to make a dispassionate decision with no prejudice or bias.

I don't see reason why a family member cannot join your business,especially when the are qualified. Even if their not qualified, the can pass through training,that's if its their passion because pressuring someone to do what their not interested in can lead to failure.

its your business, you could do whatever you want. You can employ anyone but for the growth of your business make sure your reason for employment is not based on the fact that he or she is a family member, rather it should be because they are 100% capable to run that position and also be careful so over familiarity does not come in

I have been thinking about this for long about the risk involve by employing any of your extended family to your business. There is an adage says "the external force has no power over you if there is no connection of internal force. So what are your opinion about this?
Many successful entrepreneurs employ their siblings, but in business it is a business, so treat your siblings like other employees, both in welfare, regulations, etc., if you want to give money, give personally not in business, so the point is you have to be able to separate between business and brotherhood. Likewise your brother must also be given an understanding or explanation.

There's no harm in bringing family and friends into your business. You only have to consider the pros and cons. Try to weigh them and see which one is favourable to you,then you can make your decision. Don't forget,you're a business person.

You can employ you friend in two capacities:- One, give him or her Job Description and written Conditions of employment. And two, make him or her a Partner and adhere strictly to Partnership rules, regulations and laws.
OR

Do not ever try it..

He will fight you later and you cannot control him like other staff of yours. His attitude will always be, " are we not friends " ?

Putting your family members into your business can be both a good idea or a very bad one. I don't like to bring in people I'm too familiar with into my business because they might and most if the times not work as they should be cause we are family

This one will really depend with the person you are employing.
But i can advise you not to just pick and employ just because he is a member of your family.
There some things you need to look at in him before employing him,one being if he is interested in running that kind of a business .
If he has passion in doing that business ,ensure he has business experience so that he can run it to success

The type of business as well as the foundation of the business determines if it is nice for family members to be employed or not for example, if the business was a family business fr the scratch ,then it might be necessary to have family member help monitor the business, if not it is advisable not to employ family members

The short answer is no. Do not hire a family member in this situation. Never put your business in possible jeopardy by hiring someone who is unqualified for a key job. Look, many small businesses do in fact hire relatives with good success.

Yes of course , it is good to hire our own family member in our business.But you are aldo right our family member can also hurt us but seldom it comes true. Anyway we can hire our brother or cousin also it is appropriate decision.

Employing family members in your country is appropriate but it's not advisable as this can cause problems being that you can't really discipline family members as they will feel so powerful and very pompous in the organization.

It is not a big deal employing your family into your business to work, all you have to do input in such fellow a sense of you are among so that you can get maximum cooperation from them

There is nothing bad in employing your family member into your company provided they are ready to follow the rules and regulation of the company. If they are going to be rebellion and become unserious, it will be good not to employ them. one of the advantages of having a family member in your company is that you have an insider that will look how things is being run in your company and give you first-hand information.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back