What's new

Is it appropriate to employ your family member into your business

I always feel secure whenever I am in the midst of my family member because I feel safe and secure with them ,currently I am running a business with my junior brother and he's the one overseeing the affairs of the business.

Personally i don't think its a good idea to employ a family member or kin in a small business cos it might lead to both growth or it can also lead to complacency by the employee and the business owner is suppose to be able to make a dispassionate decision with no prejudice or bias.
Actually I don't support employing your family member in your business is not appropriate, because some of will never let business to grow as how you want it to grow and some of them won't be happy about your business.

Employing family members in your business can conversely be both a tremendous help and sometimes a hindrance. As a family business advisor I have seen families where a family member may work 12 hour days as their “duty” and other family enterprises where a position in the business is seen as a right. Neither practice is correct, but they are difficult to address once entrenched.
When it comes to the issue of business and how an organisation is run,stability and profit maximisation and ensuring that the operational process is going,if any family member who does not fit into your laid down rules,then he should be droped.

Yes but I wouldn’t recommend it unless you can emotionally detach from them. Don’t expect more out of them because they are a family member. Have the same expectations of them as you would any other employee.

I do not see any problem in hiring your family member provider he or she has the required skills, knowledge, expertise, and experience. Let's say I need an accountant and my brother is an account, wouldn't I hire my brother for the job instead of risking my accounting task with a stranger?

I do not see any problem in hiring your family member provider he or she has the required skills, knowledge, expertise, and experience. Let's say I need an accountant and my brother is an account, wouldn't I hire my brother for the job instead of risking my accounting task with a stranger?

There may be many issues associated with hiring a stranger. However, there are many people who may never disclose their private information to family members and this is one of the main reasons why they may actually hire a stranger rather than hiring their own family member.

Ever heard about something called nepotism? Well, the very existence of nepotism points to the fact that people prefer to hire their own friends and family instead of giving opportunities to completely stanger.

There are many people who may prefer their family members or relatives. In the end, it is the personal choice of the person who owns the business. He may employ or hire the right kind of person. Having said that, there are, indeed, many people who may never hire strangers.
Ever heard about something called nepotism? Well, the very existence of nepotism points to the fact that people prefer to hire their own friends and family instead of giving opportunities to completely stanger.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back