What's new

Is it appropriate to employ your family member into your business

In most cases if you get lucky and employ your family members, they will take your business very seriously as if it's their own but when it doesn't go as you plan they will rubbish your business for you.

If I start a business what's the problem with employing my brother if he has the required knowledge and experience. However what is important in employing your family is you should have trust.

As for me, I will rather give my family members job opportunities outside my business rather than employing them into my own business. Because family members can be difficult to control and correct unlike other employees.
Well the fact is that sometimes your family members may not be the most competent for this job but we will give this family members this job so that they can put in their very best for the business knowing that it's mostly a family business that if it fails the family we fail.

I find it very appropriate for you to employ a family member into your business if you think he can be trusted to work for you there. Everything eventually boils down to trust at the end of the day

Yes it is appropriate for you to employ some special members of your family into your business especially those that you believe have a good understanding of how to manage a business perfectly ,in all the same honesty is actually the best thing to consider.

One can choose to employ a family member pending on who, but then most of this same called family members don't deserve to be employed due to their character.

If you trust the person then yes it is okay to employ him or her into the business it is most times better to work with close relations than work with a total stranger . So yes I can employ a famiky member to my business

It's not inappropriate. The ball is in your court. I believe inasmuch as humans change in nature, you should be able to have a level of trust before you give the go-ahead for your family member to partner!

There is nothing wrong employing members of the family into the business, just follow these precautions - do not put them in key positions of the business, treat them like other employees as regards work time, salaries, bonuses etc, in summary, there should be no preferential treatments for them, if you put them in key positions, the business remains at danger because they may end up mismanaging the business except the families are trustworthy and considerate.

It neither here nor there, if it is a close family I should his or her attitude to work. Yes, I will employ a family member if he or she is qualified for the job. I just try as much as possible to set a boundary and at the same time make him comfortable to be productive.

It neither here nor there, if it is a close family I should his or her attitude to work. Yes, I will employ a family member if he or she is qualified for the job. I just try as much as possible to set a boundary and at the same time make him comfortable to be productive.
You have pointed out that first examine his or her attitude to work when that is done then you can make a choice either to employ such person or not,but you need to be very careful because some people in a family may run away with your business money even if they are from your family so its better to run complete examination on such fellow character before taking the action

I am sorry to say that some family members are very difficult to control, so if you have a upper hand, please get them a job outside. It takes the goodness of God to have a reliable and trusted family member who is worth the trust.

I have been thinking about this for long about the risk involve by employing any of your extended family to your business. There is an adage says "the external force has no power over you if there is no connection of internal force. So what are your opinion about this?
Sometimes, employing family members could be advantageous, sometimes not.
Personally, I would not do that. Operating on professional terms with that family member while at work would not be possible.

They can function perfectly in the business organisation no doubt but you have to understand that if you are employing family members into your business you may not have the authority do exercise most of your power with your family members in your business by giving him a strict rules and regulation, To just avoid this a lot of people like employing people outside their family members.

I am sorry to say that some family members are very difficult to control, so if you have a upper hand, please get them a job outside. It takes the goodness of God to have a reliable and trusted family member who is worth the trust.
From your comment, have you had any experience with dealing with a family member in a business set up? What ways would you consider a family member as being difficult to control, I would like to hear your point of view on that aspect.

Well, one thing I can say for sure is that, I that I haven't heard or read bout this your adage. Personally, I don't think it is bad to hire your family member to work for you, provided the individual is jovial and ready to work.

It's not bad to employ a family member into your business. But you need to make sure he or she is subjected to the same rules and directives like everyone else without favouritsm.

I have been thinking about this for long about the risk involve by employing any of your extended family to your business. There is an adage says "the external force has no power over you if there is no connection of internal force. So what are your opinion about this?
It is not a problem to employ your family members to your business.
You have to ensure that your intended employee has all the knowledge required for your business.
If it in the case of partnership, both of you should undergo a formal agreement.

It's not inappropriate. The ball is in your court. I believe inasmuch as humans change in nature, you should be able to have a level of trust before you give the go-ahead for your family member to partner!
I feel if they have the capacity or qualification to run your business, then why not?
They just have to know that there's a thin line between family and business.

Employing Someone from your family to control your business has advantages and disadvantage,the disadvantage is that they will think its there brothers or sisters property, so they may act the way they want because of that.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back