What's new

How important is an active admin on a forum?

It really depends on the type of site, and if the community is already covering the activity. Not all forums require the staff to keep the forum going, if the community is already far more than active.

It's something I find important, to know that someone is taking care of its members and making sure the place runs smoothly. I used to belong to a site called Admin Retail where the owner was very active to begin with but over time he seemed to disappear and there were signs the site was failing. Is an active admin important to you?
Being an actice Admin shows the level of commitment you have towards your Forum, it also makes the forum look mature and people will take it more serious

It really depends on the type of site, and if the community is already covering the activity. Not all forums require the staff to keep the forum going, if the community is already far more than active.
Don't all forums need someone to take care of spam control on a 24 hour basis? I notice those sites who use invitation links are pretty spam free but they are also rather quiet so although they may keep spammers away they run the risk of failing because of inactivity.

Don't all forums need someone to take care of spam control on a 24 hour basis? I notice those sites who use invitation links are pretty spam free but they are also rather quiet so although they may keep spammers away they run the risk of failing because of inactivity.
Spam prevention and general moderation is a separate issue, over general activity. While Spam can cause a forum to loose activity, it doesn't directly relate to how active the Administration or Moderation are.

Sure, an active admin and/or moderation staff can help with overall activity, but as I said, if the forum type, with an already active community is there, the admin doesn't need to be actively posting all the time to keep it going, if the forum itself have active members.

I think a forum, which has a lot of activities and members, need to have an active admin. If the admin cannot be active, admin can appoint moderators.

For a forum to be actively efficient the admin has an important role to play. He need to be available to attend to the demands of the members of the forum

the more the admin is active, the smoother the experience of users gets, they always find him for help and he's always on the top of his on duty work in terms of moderation things

Obviously, activity of the admin of any forum is one of the main things that makes the forum an established place. Without active admin, it will be really hard to trust the forum. Fortunately, there are many forums on the internet where admins are active and there are only a few forums where admins are inactive.

It's something I find important, to know that someone is taking care of its members and making sure the place runs smoothly. I used to belong to a site called Admin Retail where the owner was very active to begin with but over time he seemed to disappear and there were signs the site was failing. Is an active admin important to you?
An active admin on a forum helps to keep the forum active and alive. It gives hope and confidence to those members of the forum that their queries will be attendedd to.

Admins help to keep the forum in order and monitors the kind of information that are being posted on the site. This ensures that the site runs smoothly

When the admin is not active and when there are no moderators to look after the contents, the forum will be flooded with spam posts and spammers. The forum needs active staff members.

I don't know if I agree with this completely. GPT is just dying and I never see anyone there to look after it. We, the members, are doing our best to keep it afloat but if someone doesn't buy it soon I think it will become a ghost site. The problem is when activity declines most people lose interest which is what is happening here.

Let's begging with this,before a site or forum would be functioning well the admin of the forum must be active and be consistent as well. Because if the admin is not available at the time he or she is needed something might go wrong with the site I guess.

Forums can be an easy target from spammers if the moderators are not active. Then there is also an issue of content theft. If the admin does not conttrol spam posts and copied post, the forum will suffer.
To every place where people are gathered there must a leader so as to coordinate and put things in order. The role of admin in a forum is very important otherwise the forum will become useless in no time.

This is a general forum for all editors to review a line-by-line list of admin rules. Some people on this wiki believe that we administrators abuse our "powers" beyond what they were intended for.

For a paid tom post forum, it is very necessary to see if the members are abusing the earning program. Since the forum is paying, the admin and moderators should check the quality of the posts.

It is always good if admin active as it manage forum more better way and make quick decision so members are happy to stay on forum. Also can reduce spam very fast means clean and tidy forum.

For a paid tom post forum, it is very necessary to see if the members are abusing the earning program. Since the forum is paying, the admin and moderators should check the quality of the posts.
Yeah, and that will help curtail the high rate of spamming and posting trash and gibberish kind of information in the forum. Bizdustry administrators are very attentive this when it comes to checking for that.

It's very important because that way members of a forum can channel their challenges and complaint to the admin for prompt response. Members would know that an actual human is in charge of the forum not a bot.

Personally, I love to log on to Bizdustry and see a staff member, which is always the case. And it's a motivating thing for me. I understand that they are human beings and deserve their space, but so far I think it is important to have at least one staff member present.

If you wnat to your forum to be free from spammers, if you want your forum to be free from spam posts, you need to be very active on your forum.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back