What's new

Making a respected user admin, would you do it?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
It's one thing to make someone a mod, or super-mod or any type of moderator on your forum. But to make someone an admin along side you is a big risk. I don't give out admin privileges to anyone, and I don't think I ever will. I've seen and heard horror stories about people who were made an admin, or given too much powers and they ended up abusing them or damaging the site somehow.

Would you ever make a respected user an admin on your forum?

It's true that granting admin privileges should be done cautiously, it's not necessarily a bad idea to make a respected user an admin on your forum.

However, it's important to note that admin levels and responsibilities can vary, with the forum owner having superior power.

Admins can be valuable assets when chosen wisely and when their powers are well-defined and monitored.

It is possible to allow moderators to ban users for example without the need to pass by the admin area change user usernames or even handle some errors but the access is per restriction but not for example access to cpanel or hostname as it could lead to catastrophic results especially if you know person only on the internet.

In the last couple of years I have owned multiple forums but I had a co-admin only on one forum. The co-admin was someone I knew from my personal like and a person who had shared financial responsibilities in creating and running a community. I would never give admin status on my forum to anyone I do not know form a persona life.

In the last couple of years I have owned multiple forums but I had a co-admin only on one forum. The co-admin was someone I knew from my personal like and a person who had shared financial responsibilities in creating and running a community. I would never give admin status on my forum to anyone I do not know form a persona life.
It is practically the same thing that I have stated on my comment this is because someone how you know only on the internet there is possibility to set moderator not co admin as there is no confidence on the internet world unfortunally.

If the forum I currently have going ever reaches a point where another admin is needed, I already know who I will choose. Assuming he would want the role. I go based on mutual trust and shared morals.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back