What's new

How can small scale businesses resist competition from large scale businesses?

l have seen so many small scale businesses in my area that have failed because of unhealthy competition with the large scale competition. Most of those businesses tried using the penetrating pricing scheme to enter the market but yet could'nt succeed because the large scale businesses offers large discounts when they realise that strategy.

In your own opinion, what are some of your views about how a small scale business can resist competition from large scale bussinesses?
As someone that runs a small business a large business is not your competition but if you want to overcome be ready to keep investing in your business. You have a little advantage, you can reach customers they can't reach

Therefore s no known way any small or all small scale businesses can bypass the competition of the bigger scale or established type of businesses. It is just part of the game as it stands

The implication is this, small-scale businesses do not have the potential of what it takes to compete with a large-scale business. So I think, everyone should just do with his scale and not wanting to compete at every slight opportunity. I'm not saying healthy competition is not motivating. All I'm saying is you can't use your small business to outsource a large Enterprise it's almost impossible!

There is no way it's won't come, it's will always come. The only thing constant is change who said small business can not became a large business, it's for the small business just has to improve and grow to become better

Small business can resist large scale investors.when improve in production and employ expert workers to resist large production

They can withstand competition by maintaining the quality of their goods and services and also by maintaining good relationship with their customers.

I don't think small scale business has any capability to face Large scale business when it comes to business competition and productivity, large scale business will surely bully the small one

The only possible way a small business can compete with a large scale business is by setting the prices too low and this is what many small businesses do. However, some consumers would still prefer a branded product over a local, unbranded product due to the fact that they believe that branded products are far much superior to locally manufactured products.

I don't think small scale business faces competition from large scale business rather, it's small scale business competiting with themselves and large scale business also competing with themselves.

While, that is not a fair competition. The small scale business would always lose in this race. I believe the business should be sited in areas where the big scale business has little influence

l have seen so many small scale businesses in my area that have failed because of unhealthy competition with the large scale competition. Most of those businesses tried using the penetrating pricing scheme to enter the market but yet could'nt succeed because the large scale businesses offers large discounts when they realise that strategy.

In your own opinion, what are some of your views about how a small scale business can resist competition from large scale bussinesses?
This is an area where branding and business packaging comes in. As a small scale business unit, you can compete easily with a large scale business, hence you have to beat all means to ensure that you use your strategy to win them.

While, that is not a fair competition. The small scale business would always lose in this race. I believe the business should be sited in areas where the big scale business has little influence
This might not always be the case though, one aspect most so called big companies fail is their customer care system. Small businesses can use this aspect to capture the hearts of their customers, though it's not an easy task. What do you think?

Well I think competition between the two is inevitable considering the fact that the big company is of a more advantage than the small businesses but then they can improve

Small scale businesses can resist competition from large scale businesses by branding their products.
It is your brand that makes you stand out irrespective of the competition.
Most times, it is impossible to resist competition from large scale businesses.

I so advise people that are just starting up a business never to see big companies as competitors rather they should amplify their strength and be known for something unique instead of competing with those big companies that have made it already.

For me I'll suggest that the small scale business in the first 2 years shouldn't be to make much profit; focus on gaining grounds first and keep observing what the bigger company is doing to see if there's anything you can improve on.

This might not always be the case though, one aspect most so called big companies fail is their customer care system. Small businesses can use this aspect to capture the hearts of their customers, though it's not an easy task. What do you think?
This might actually be true. Most large business organizations do not really devote much effort to addressing customer complaints and this is an area small businesses can capitalise on.

This might actually be true. Most large business organizations do not really devote much effort to addressing customer complaints and this is an area small businesses can capitalise on.
Exactly, I don't really know the reason for this behavior, am guessing since it's a big company they do not have the capability to handle or their customers or maybe does who they have put in charge in that department are not doing their job.

Exactly, I don't really know the reason for this behavior, am guessing since it's a big company they do not have the capability to handle or their customers or maybe does who they have put in charge in that department are not doing their job.
I think maybe it's because they have a lot of customers to attend to and they may not be able to give much attention to one specific customer.
Post automatically merged:

For me I'll suggest that the small scale business in the first 2 years shouldn't be to make much profit; focus on gaining grounds first and keep observing what the bigger company is doing to see if there's anything you can improve on.
Even with this, I still think a small business is still at disadvantage and may be dominated out of the market by larger rivals who have more resources and capital to expend.

The only way that a small scale business can be able to withstand a large scale business would be to offer high quality products compared to what the big company offers.

The implication is this, small-scale businesses do not have the potential of what it takes to compete with a large-scale business. So I think, everyone should just do with his scale and not wanting to compete at every slight opportunity. I'm not saying healthy competition is not motivating. All I'm saying is you can't use your small business to outsource a large Enterprise it's almost impossible!
The competition will always be there. It is even almost impossible for small companies to resist competition from big companies. Small companies can however improve on their products and carry out adverts.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back