What's new

Does religion have an effect on the type of business to do?

I will definitely need to consider a lot of things before I can start a business on a particular venture. I am not going to open a business that people are not going to be comfortable buying from.
I believe that everybody's religious point of view should be respected because every citizen of a country have the right to decide what is good for him or her. If someone is choosing a career based on religious then nothing is wrong with it

It used to have an effect on the type of businesses that people choose to go but these days it does not really matter again as a lot of people are focused on making money and do not care what their religion says about it.

I am a person who has to consult my conscience before I can be able to do a lot of things and that is why religion actually ships the way I think and the kind of activities I do.

The thing is that if you do not consider religion on the type of activities you do then you definitely have to consider it on the type of people who you are going to sell it to.

The thing is that if you do not consider religion on the type of activities you do then you definitely have to consider it on the type of people who you are going to sell it to.
Religious should be considered as long as it is for the main interest of the society and it sees things for the public good. So many people do not put religion into consideration when looking for a source of income. But yet they are able to follow some rules that are legitimate.

There are some businesses that actually target a specific group of religious people and therefore they are able to thrive in this way and therefore i think that sometimes religion can play a major role in not only what you sell but how you run your business as well.

You know, a Christian wouldn't open a brothel. But our Lord doesn't forbid his children to go into business and make money. The way we make money depends on our conscience. I'd never cheat other people to get a big score. The Lord sees everything and leads me in a different way, and I'm glad about that. I started my own little business when I was 25 years old. That's when I married Mary, and I thought about our future. The Lord has always been with us, so it was easy for me to grow the business to a good level. Our pastor at First Church Love always said it was easy for honest people to grow. Of course, I was always glad to have his support. God wants me to do what I do and help our church in any way possible.

Last edited:
Religion is definitely going to play a very huge role on the type of business in which I do because I am actually very considerate about a lot of things including conscience.

I was discussing this with my co-worker a few days ago. She wanted to start a business but has no idea about what to sell. So I told her to solve the needs of the people in her area, especially since the area is still developing.

After careful examination, she said because she is the wife of an Islamic cleric, she would not be allowed to sell the products.
What do you think of this? Does religion have a role to play in businesses?
I believe that some religions place limitations on the types of activities that devotees of the religion can engage in. It would be disingenuous for example to sell products which are very distasteful to your religion and faith

Religion does not affect the type of business I do . I only choose to engage in business that are beneficial to humanity and not on illegal things that are harmful. That is my own religion.

definitelly yes,there are some persons that will not engage in cartain type of business because of their religious belief,that would go a long way to affect the kind of business they would do.

Religion also affect the business you want to to do , because there are some religions that don't recommend some products for their worshippers and you can't just choose not to listen to the religion recommendation
Yes of course, religions have big affect in some business because there is some product that you will not sale in the business and also something you supposed to sale, so religions really have much affect on business.

Actually religion has a great effect and influence in the kind of business we do on daily basis. mostly christianity. it condemned all forms of business that the low of the land is against such as drugs etc.

I dont really know because I am into baking and every other religion patronises me , I am also working in an organisation owner by a Muslim and i am a Christian , and I am doing fine among them .

It depends on each and everyone of us. some people may choose to put religion into consideration while others May care less about it. I personally put religion into consideration when thinking of establishing a business and also humanity.

Ethics of religion doesn't want us to promote the sales and consumption of some products such as a Christian selling alcohol and cigarettes. It might turn out to be a topic for the non Christians

I put so many things into consideration when thinking of establishing a business, not really about religion but a whole lot of things in the sense that I must do things that is morally right . That is my own religion.

Yes, as is clear from the account you provided. When your religion prevents you from launching a business, I think it is a little overreaching; I don't believe it is specifically stated either in the Bible or the Quran that some enterprises shouldn't be considered except for unlawful actions.

Religion certainly has an impact on some businesses, whether that impact is favorable or negative. For instance, since Muslims don't eat pork, they are unable to sell products related to it. Additionally, Islamic materials such as rosaries have nothing to do with Christianity.

Though i am into teaching and agriculture , and both somehow does not go deeply with religion , but if you are working in a religious school , there are some rules and regulations , ethics you have to follow while teaching ,

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back